What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wait is Trump seriously scheduling a military parade like those loopy North Koreans always do??? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
I don’t read the news much these days, but whenever I do I can’t believe what I’m seeing.  Is this for serious?

Is anyone in their right mind not embarrassed that we put this person in the White House?

Senator Kennedy (R): "I think confidence is silent and insecurity is loud. America is the most powerful country in all of human history; you don’t need to show it off.”

A bunch of tanks and ballistic missiles rolling down Pennsylvania Ave sounds like a great idea.  We can barely work out a budget for the stuff we actually need to spend on. 
Transporting a bunch of tanks and ballistic missiles to DC sounds like a great use of money.

Planning this event seems like a great use of our senior leaders.

Have you noticed that Trump supporters tend to be relatively quiet on this issue? It's almost like they're waiting for someone else to speak before they offer an opinion.

Let's guess the cost of street repair. Maybe Infrastructure Week will finally happen.
Presumably the tanks would be on flatbed trailers.

We've had parades before.

The idea is dumb enough, without any real purpose other than Allowing a spoiled brat to play with his toys, but the DOD won't destroy the streets here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s like a huge effing comedy at this point. All of it. It’s an Onion article come true. 

On the bright side we can instead have WWIII out through a battle of parades. 
If that is the only bright side, I will take it

Have you noticed that Trump supporters tend to be relatively quiet on this issue? It's almost like they're waiting for someone else to speak before they offer an opinion.
Maybe here but in other more pro-Trump forums the standard reply is "it's a great thing to honor our military."

They care not for the US's once-perceived position in the world vs the position of the tinpot dictator countries who roll these kind of spectacles out.  Trumpers will swallow anything their dear leader puts in front of them. 

Maybe here but in other more pro-Trump forums the standard reply is "it's a great thing to honor our military."
Right, but even that kind of response is a little generic. My point is that you don't see many Trump supporters offering a confident opinion on the subject -- none of them are saying "YES! LET'S GET SOME TANKS ROLLING IN THE STREETS!", but you also don't see many of them saying "I love a parade but maybe tanks are a bit much." It's like they're waiting for Trump to actually confirm what he wants before they dare offer an opinion.

Transporting a bunch of tanks and ballistic missiles to DC sounds like a great use of money.

Planning this event seems like a great use of our senior leaders.
If I were one of America’s mortal enemies, right at about the time the first tank turns right into Pennsylvania Avenue is when I attack knowing this dipclown moved all of our weapons just far enough out.  

This would be DICTATOR!!! 24/7 on every right-wing outlet had this even been talked about by Obama.  But now the cucks aren't saying a word against Trump, just the idea itself. 

Let's not forget that Ivana Trump told Vanity Fair in a 1990 interview that Trump keeps a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed. Hitler is a Trump role model. He rarely makes a move that Adolph wouldn't be proud of.

After we have the third world dictator parade can we organize a parade showing off how productive the peoples factories can be?  You know, a parade of how many tractors and trucks our workers party can produce?  

I just assume every dumb thing any politician does or tries to do is just a smoke screen for something that they are doing to help the uber rich and hurt the rest of us. 

Right now the Army is being trained at how to march in unison without bending their knees and carrying bazookas.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a veteran, I do not like this idea. It seems like a colossal waste of time and money. 

If you want to honor the military beyond Veteran’s Day/Memorial Day where thousands of parades already happen across the country, improve their benefits after service.

The GI bill and the VA loan is about all you qualify for without doing 20+ years.

As a veteran, I do not like this idea. It seems like a colossal waste of time and money. 

If you want to honor the military beyond Veteran’s Day/Memorial Day where thousands of parades already happen across the country, improve their benefits after service.

The GI bill and the VA loan is about all you qualify for without doing 20+ years.
Right, they are saying it would cost $20 million. How about put that into a VA hospital? Provide services to the veterans in Guam that have virtually no access to services. Pick 2000 random veterans to get a $10,000 bonus. Do anything but throw a parade. 

Only way all these parade alternates happen is if all the places you mentioned that receive the money become "Trump Hall" or "Trump VA Hospital".

Only way all these parade alternates happen is if all the places you mentioned that receive the money become "Trump Hall" or "Trump VA Hospital".
As much as I dislike the idea of "Trump long term veterans care center", I'd take it over the parade.

Ryan Browne‏Verified account @rabrowne75 17m17 minutes ago

First on CNN:

President Trump's military parade in DC is expected to cost $12M according to US officials, nearly as much as the now canceled military exercise with South Korea, Freedom Guardian, which Trump called "tremendously expensive" & said cost "a fortune" (est. cost $14M)

Ryan Browne‏Verified account @rabrowne75 17m17 minutes ago

First on CNN:

President Trump's military parade in DC is expected to cost $12M according to US officials, nearly as much as the now canceled military exercise with South Korea, Freedom Guardian, which Trump called "tremendously expensive" & said cost "a fortune" (est. cost $14M)
It's going to be a joint parade with Russia so it will only cost half that amount. 

Users who are viewing this thread