What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wait is Trump seriously scheduling a military parade like those loopy North Koreans always do??? (1 Viewer)

As for costs, one day of taking care of illegals paid for the entire salute to our nation's heroes. 
Specifically this came out of the National Parks’ budget, so something we’ll never know what got sacrificed. - I agree given the insane deficit in this administration the money is meaningless but again it came from the Parks. The military also spent money and resources of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
He proved he could read a prompter.  By the way didn't that used to make you a joke? And he gave a roughly middle school level history speech. Although he lost points on the seizing airports thing. This was a giant fizzle. All this money spent and for what? It was one more giant ego trip for the most insecure child in America.

Specifically this came out of the National Parks’ budget, so something we’ll never know what got sacrificed. - I agree given the insane deficit in this administration the money is meaningless but again it came from the Parks. The military also spent money and resources of course.
Washington is great at wasting money, just look at immigration, welfare, etc,  just nice to see us appreciate our military.  We spent more on saving an endangered beetle then this.

Washington is great at wasting money, just look at immigration, welfare, etc,  just nice to see us appreciate our military.  We spent more on saving an endangered beetle then this.
Hey you know how they could really show their appreciation? They could have spent this money on homeless veterans, or veterans with addictions, or more money to get veterans treatment for PTSD, or any number of things. This wasn't about veterans.  This was about Trump. So please stop hiding behind the veterans thanks from this veteran. 

He proved he could read a prompter.  By the way didn't that used to make you a joke? And he gave a roughly middle school level history speech. Although he lost points on the seizing airports thing. This was a giant fizzle. All this money spent and for what? It was one more giant ego trip for the most insecure child in America.
Don't forget single-handed causing Reagan to have to close for a couple hours.

Hey you know how they could really show their appreciation? They could have spent this money on homeless veterans, or veterans with addictions, or more money to get veterans treatment for PTSD, or any number of things. This wasn't about veterans.  This was about Trump. So please stop hiding behind the veterans thanks from this veteran. 
Yeah, this showing appreciation to our military is embarrassingly naive.

Or we can spend less on immigration, as A veteran I am disappointed by your response.  I think it was about our military, and thanking them for their service

It is understandable why the haters are furious, Trump was a gracious leader and uniter, the opposite of what the modern left represents.

Moderate Americans saw on full display why the media is truly the enemy of the people, their lies and hatred exposed.

I am a little surprised that not one of the Trump haters in this thread managed to say anything positive, I guess that says a lot about their character.

And a great example of the effectiveness of propaganda on the masses.

I defer to vets on this. - But something I read was that originally July 4th was a salute to the military but apparently Memorial Day and Veterans Day switched the focus of at least the national celebrations a long time ago. The last I recall Trump couldn't make it in the rain to go to Belleau Wood. - I guess he doesn't have to pay over and over again for that, but Independence Day is about a lot more than the military. It actually reminded me in a weird way of that speech in Poland he did. I know many a Trump supporter (not that you are) loved that speech but our country is not about 'Glory', it's about democracy, liberty, opportunity, and individual and human rights. Yaknow, stuff in the Declaration of Independence.

So where do you want to spend our tax dollars illegals or veterans.  Asking for a friend.
Richest country to ever exist can do both. Well if we wanted to. But that isn't a priority is it? Multi-trillion dollar tax cuts for people who don't need them though? We are all about that.

I don't recall Trump doing anything like this during Armed Services Month. Or even Veterans Day. No, he wanted the optics of a crowd that is already going to be on the Mall there to see him.

Richest country to ever exist can do both. Well if we wanted to. But that isn't a priority is it? Multi-trillion dollar tax cuts for people who don't need them though? We are all about that.
10th per capita

21 trillion dollar economy. But the share of wealth is so lopsided it affects per capita numbers.
Wait, what? Per capita is simply $$/ population, the distribution of wealth doesn't have anything to do with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread