What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wait is Trump seriously scheduling a military parade like those loopy North Koreans always do??? (2 Viewers)

GROOT said:
Derangement
In all fairness I think what happens is the WH doesn’t feel a duty to disclose its policies and processes to the people, the press reports a variety of sources, and then when some reporting ends up being incorrect, we have extremist Trump supporters who use that to suggest the press and people are "deranged". [edit]

Just as an example Trump supporters at first claimed the reports were false, then when Trump apparently was doing this they embraced it and defended it - heck look at HT just a little above - then when they see it didn’t happen attack. Which of course Trump loves.

I think what happened here is Trump did want a military parade and the military flat out refused to give it to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really awesome when you guys have to start reaching. (Trump airport reference.) Barack Obama said he visited 57 states. Oops, thought we forgot about that one, huh?
Look I enjoy his flubbed lines. Everyone does them. It’s more for me that he talks at a 5th grade level and uses about 12 words. And most importantly what he is saying.

It’s crazy though that he will say 5 things dumber a week on stuff he types out and looks at before hitting submit. Yesterday he told us “Aircraft One” was gong to do flyovers on his Twitter machine :lol:

Henry Ford said:
Anyone else catch when he said the Revolutionary army took over the airports during the war?
Maybe he got the Revolutionary War confused with the War of 1812.  Give him credit, he knew it was one of those wars.  Not bad for a non-history major.

It is weird.  I don't ever remember a time where the president and the media hated each other like they do.  It's not funny, but the media plays right into these things at times.  Fake news is a problem and Trump is stupid about what he calls fake news, but the Media keeps giving him ammo. They sold a picture of the event that turned out to not be the case.  People see that.
His first press conference he acted like a deranged person screaming about fake news. It was like some WWF stuff. 

I expect more understanding of what treatment, coverage, and of “fake news” regarding the office of President gets from the guy who spent 8 years telling us the Obama wasn’t from here.

I know the guy was only used to National Enquirer type coverage and Page 6 but that’s not our fault. Get some thicker skin, grow a pair, put away your rabbit ears, etc.

And most importantly stop lying. 

I often wonder what the media is thinking.  This was another example where some political commentators couldn't help themselves.  For two days leading up to the event there was a major media build up predicting what a partisan train wreck this would be. 

Then someone smart enough in Trump's circle gives him a script and makes him stay on point.  He looks sane and the media comes off looking hysterical.

Had the media let Trump do Trump, they could be "told you so-ing" all week.  Instead they backed him into a corner and forced him to behave.  He comes off looking better to the average joes now. 
I don't think you're giving Trump enough credit here.

(And I think you're giving way too much credit to the liberal media -- in terms of its ability to manipulate Trump.)

Trump was never planning to turn this into a partisan train wreck. He has always possessed a TV producer's innate ability to know when he's supposed to act presidential, and when he's not.

What happened yesterday is just a variation on the same pattern that Trump has been using for 3 years now:

Step 1: leak story implying that Trump wants to do something controversial.
Step 2: enjoy both positive and negative attention from media.
Step 3: don't do quite what people thought you were going to do.
Step 4: bask in the aftermath of lowered expectations.

This administration sets such a low bar, that all Trump has to do is show up and read his "book report" and he gets to call it a victory. Instead of being criticized for what he actually did (i.e., making a cliched speech full of gaffes), he's praised for what he didn't do (invoke Hitler, attack the Democrats, and have roving tanks).

His history knowledge is unparalleled.  He knows, for instance that a Clinton lead some British armies and that Thomas Gage is the father of shot-gunning.  Burgoyne, well he knows that is a term for a beef wellington that is not wellignton done but rather medium rare.

His history knowledge is unparalleled.  He knows, for instance that a Clinton lead some British armies and that Thomas Gage is the father of shot-gunning.  Burgoyne, well he knows that is a term for a beef wellington that is not wellignton done but rather medium rare.
Nothing is over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell, no!

It auto corrected your new to knew.  Just ironic coming on a post about a poorly written speech.  Not being hostile, I just found it funny.
Comparing an informal message board post to a speech by the President is pretty funny.

It is weird.  I don't ever remember a time where the president and the media hated each other like they do.  It's not funny, but the media plays right into these things at times.  Fake news is a problem and Trump is stupid about what he calls fake news, but the Media keeps giving him ammo. They sold a picture of the event that turned out to not be the case.  People see that.
Because he had that vision when he talked about what he wanted.  The media didn't make that up.  Its how he sold things until smarter people back him down a bit.

From the great novel Armageddon by Leon Uris about the Berlin Airlift. In this scene, an American army major serving in the occupation of Germany attempts to explain American values to a a Berliner: 

“If the President of the United States were to quote the Declaration of Independence at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on the Fourth of July, there would be someone in America to protest and to question.” 

Paul Revere flying his biplane screaming "the British are coming!!", while dodging bullets from the Red Baron, who was being hunted by Snoopy, well, that must have been quite the sight. 

I thought it had to do with Joey Chestnut. You mean it’s older than that? 
You should see the movie.  It's very clear.  "Today we celebrate Our Independence Day!"  

It's also why we need to get rid of the aliens.  Seriously, you'll understand if you just watch it once.  Maybe twice.

Lol. All you lefties upset at the massive crowd size.   I’m sure they would have all been their anyways right???  The only small crowd I saw was at the trump balloon with the diaper on.  

MAGA!!  4 more years!!!

NCCommish said:
Trump already raised taxes on the middle class.
IMO the vast makority of the electorate ignores facts completely and base their vote on the rhetoric and perceived values of the candidates. Showing the voters facts that prove they are being conned by the candidates they support actually strengthens their support for the candidate. 

Lol. All you lefties upset at the massive crowd size.   I’m sure they would have all been their anyways right???  The only small crowd I saw was at the trump balloon with the diaper on.  

MAGA!!  4 more years!!!
Not sure if you're aware of this, but they hold a pretty big party on the Mall every year with fireworks. It's always very well-attended. Trying to insert yourself into that and trumpet crowd size is...special.

Won't post a link cause it will get me banned. But Melina was wearing a dress, that with all that rain, would have made her a winner...

in a wet T-shirt contest  :ph34r:

Teleprompter went down.  No biggie. Trump had speech memorized, so he brought it in for a smooth landing anyway.

Lmao.   

I know nobody cares because nothing matters anymore but - about that Trump re-election ad we just paid for - 

@stuartpstevens - In 2004 when we were making convention film for President Bush, we were explicitly prohibited from using official White House shot video. Now Trump WH is not only using video but paying for full production. This is probably $500,000 of your tax dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread