What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wait is Trump seriously scheduling a military parade like those loopy North Koreans always do??? (1 Viewer)

Lol. All you lefties upset at the massive crowd size.   I’m sure they would have all been their anyways right???  The only small crowd I saw was at the trump balloon with the diaper on.  

MAGA!!  4 more years!!!
Your knuckles must be pretty raw...God bless you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. All you lefties upset at the massive crowd size.   I’m sure they would have all been their anyways right???  The only small crowd I saw was at the trump balloon with the diaper on.  

MAGA!!  4 more years!!!
Everything we heard from the lefties and the MSM during the build up to this event was a lie.  

MAGA!!  4 more years!!!
Everything we heard from the lefties and the MSM during the build up to this event was a lie.  
Ah, how quickly the Trump supporters forget that Trump is the one who said he wanted a parade full of tanks and military personnel, or that the Pentagon actually pushed back on Trump's demands and even leaked stories in an attempt to shame Trump into reducing the spectacle into something closer to normal.

Oh, and all those lefties who claimed that Trump was going to exploit the speech as partisan campaign propaganda?  Turns out they were right.

Ah, how quickly the Trump supporters forget that Trump is the one who said he wanted a parade full of tanks and military personnel, or that the Pentagon actually pushed back on Trump's demands and even leaked stories in an attempt to shame Trump into reducing the spectacle into something closer to normal.

Oh, and all those lefties who claimed that Trump was going to exploit the speech as partisan campaign propaganda?  Turns out they were right.
Military parades are unusual but not unprecedented in American history. In 1991, a parade was held in Washington to celebrate victory in the Gulf War. And Presidents Kennedy and Truman had military equipment at their respective inaugurations during the Cold War.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon-evaluating-dates-for-military-parade-in-washington-at-trumps-request/

I guess you're not familiar with 4th of July in DC? It's bigly popular. Yuge.
I don't even know what to say to the argument that was some massive crowd.  The 4th is insane here, much bigger, every year. 

Normally you wait for an hour to get on a Metro after it ends.  You'd have people all over every inch of the Mall with a view to the sky.  Watch parties on rooftops and hills around the city.  People lining the other side of the river (great view -- recommend).  Traffic getting back out of town is wall to wall crawl afterwards.

Probably would have been this year too, absent the rain, but it was not a massive July 4th crowd anywhere but the most fevered of imaginations.

Military parades are unusual but not unprecedented in American history. In 1991, a parade was held in Washington to celebrate victory in the Gulf War. And Presidents Kennedy and Truman had military equipment at their respective inaugurations during the Cold War.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon-evaluating-dates-for-military-parade-in-washington-at-trumps-request/
It wasn’t even anything most would consider a parade.  There was a flyover and some military equipment on view.  Much ado about nothing.

It wasn’t even anything most would consider a parade.  There was a flyover and some military equipment on view.  Much ado about nothing.
Yes again...because he received push back.  The reporting in what he stated he wanted was spot in.

Most people don't know this, but the band Jefferson Airplane was named after the plane President Thomas Jefferson flew in the Revolutionary war.
You weren’t even required to have a pilots license back then.  It was like an aerial Wild West.

jonessed said:
I have no doubt many were expecting complete military divisions to goose-step down the streets of DC.
When in fact it was all in a fenced-in donor-only area. People would be so much more likely to be  right in my opinion when considering Trump’s endgame if they’d just assume it’s always about money. 

When in fact it was all in a fenced-in donor-only area. People would be so much more likely to be  right in my opinion when considering Trump’s endgame if they’d just assume it’s always about money. 
You have to admit that it's great Trump took the most important Holiday for the country and not only made it all about him but that he excluded Americans from it because they didn't give him money. 

jonessed said:
I have no doubt many were expecting complete military divisions to goose-step down the streets of DC.
The circle on this was pretty interesting. One thing I noticed is that originally Trump supporters decried the news that Trump wanted a ‘military parade’ as fake news. These reports go back to the inauguration. But then recently as we got closer to it and it looked like that might just happen the Trump supporters started to get behind it. Sure why not, look at JFK. They continued to support this even after the military parade had failed to materialize. It is funny.

But I also think Trump wanted this and just got stiffarmed by the military itself.

I know Republicans don't care that he doesn't care about breaking the law, but it sounds like this shindig is going to be investigated. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's not going to take Sherlock Holmes or an old- timey magnifying glass to find out the truth when he's proudly broadcasted the evidence. Just like with the census case he's made defending him with any sort of comprehendable legal strategy virtually impossible (not that they won't try).

Did somebody say stable genius?
He has committed dozens of illegal acts but because he's POTUS he CAN'T commit crimes.   The system is broken. 

Users who are viewing this thread