What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Devin Nunes creates his own alt "news" site. (1 Viewer)

Please explain what makes you feel this way so I can understand better
Well I think someone calling a politician they don’t agree with  “a disgrace of a human being” a very interesting take. Not a murderer, nota rapist but a politician you don’t agree with. Very interesting take, don’t you agree?

HellToupee said:

Well I think someone calling a politician they don’t agree with “a disgrace of a human being” a very interesting take. Not a murderer, nota rapist but a politician you don’t agree with. Very interesting take, don’t you agree?

This is schtick, right?

"Disgrace" means "loss of respect" or "dishonorable".

It has nothing to do with physical crimes like rape or murder.

Interesting take.
Not really. A guy can be a law abiding citizen, have views so far out in left field that vendors can hand them nachos, including(strictly an example here, not describing Nunes as far as I know): holding reprehensible racist/intolerant viewpoints, choosing to present those as fact with no basis in reality, and arguing for them just to argue. That person would be a disgraceful human being.

Well I think someone calling a politician they don’t agree with  “a disgrace of a human being” a very interesting take. Not a murderer, nota rapist but a politician you don’t agree with. Very interesting take, don’t you agree?
FWIW Nunes is not alone. Politicians that vote party regardless of anything, create legislation to help corporate donors rather than citizens, use their position to coerce sex from subordinates (and using taxpayer money to shut them up) etc, are disgraceful. Politicians who use clever wording to talk around obvious wrongdoings (like Clinton saying I didn’t know a BJ was considered “sexual relations” type stuff). Republicans at the moment who refuse to read any transcript of testimony or show up to hearings so they can’t comment on any of it. Basically the equivalent of covering your ears and saying “lalalalalalala.” It’s shameful. 

Integrity is a lost virtue in politics. You pretty much have to lose it at the door to even get into politics these days. 

Nunes “ignored that warning,” the Fusion GPS motion reads, arguing the new complaint “is so packed with irrelevant, frivolous and malicious allegations that it is impossible to decipher what conduct (Nunes) alleges is unlawful.”
Did he just record his performance during the impeachment fiasco and turn that in?  Sounds very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread