What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG WSL2 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

And we're off with a highly controversial first two picks, Gurley and Bell. 

Didn't really want the top pick but this should be fun.

The access code sent does not match the password for franchise .

fbgwsl2 works for neither commish or renesauz access. I'm locked out

Hey sorry I’m on mobile and in an airport about to get on a plane and having trouble figuring out how to take control of my team. Don’t want to delay the draft further  

Can an someone please draft Leonard fournette for me, and I can get this sorted out by rd 2?

Hey sorry I’m on mobile and in an airport about to get on a plane and having trouble figuring out how to take control of my team. Don’t want to delay the draft further  

Can an someone please draft Leonard fournette for me, and I can get this sorted out by rd 2?
Unlinked Fro from your team so you should be good.  Send me your e-mail and I'll load it in.

Meh-lvin Gordon.

Tossup between him and McCoy (2 picks later) or Kelce (3 picks later). The complete offensive chaos in Buffalo and the QB change in KC skeered me off.

1.15 15. Stinkin Ref Kelce, Travis KCC TE Tue Feb 13 11:54:23 a.m. ET 2018
2.02 18. Stinkin Ref Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Tue Feb 13 9:36:23 p.m. ET 2018

File this under "questions I should have asked before we started" but ... we're not doing a flex spot in this league, are we?

1.15 15. Stinkin Ref Kelce, Travis KCC TE Tue Feb 13 11:54:23 a.m. ET 2018
2.02 18. Stinkin Ref Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Tue Feb 13 9:36:23 p.m. ET 2018

File this under "questions I should have asked before we started" but ... we're not doing a flex spot in this league, are we?
I was at a funeral when Bass text me that I was up with first pick....so just kind of snagged Kelce for the heck of it as it was a little hard to decipher who was gone/left between his text and my crappy internet phone connection....when funeral was over I had a chance to check everything out and put in a predraft list....my thought then was...you know if drunken slob doesn't take Gronk, I may just go ahead and do it and see how things work out.....try something different....how things shook out in WSL1 lead me to believe I could maybe get away with this...it will require some dancing no doubt and I have already drafted a bench player each week, but what the heck, let's see how it goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
M Gordon (1.12)

J Jones (2.05)

Certainly wasn't expecting Julio to make it around the turn, but I'll take it. I have a hunch he'll score a few  more than 3 TDs in 2018.

M Gordon (1.12)

J Jones (2.05)

Certainly wasn't expecting Julio to make it around the turn, but I'll take it. I have a hunch he'll score a few  more than 3 TDs in 2018.
I was torn between Thomas and Julio.  Julio carries more upside but always seems to get dinged.

Really sorry guys, work has been crazy. 

Made myself commissioner and gave myself AJ green. If this is against the rules and I’m just supposed to lose the pick,someone feel free to swap him out for some scrub. 

Wil I’ll be a bit unavailable this weekend but will try and get predraft picks in. 

Really sorry guys, work has been crazy. 

Made myself commissioner and gave myself AJ green. If this is against the rules and I’m just supposed to lose the pick,someone feel free to swap him out for some scrub. 

Wil I’ll be a bit unavailable this weekend but will try and get predraft picks in. 
I suspect everyone will be fine with that. But please do try to get the preselects in.

Been a couple years at least since I started RB-RB in one of these ... with Zeke already on my roster, I had every intention of punting RB2 and loading up elsewhere. But none of the WRs here stand out from the pack, whereas Mixon is head and shoulders above the rest of the RBs on the board.

WSL1 gives me hope that quality WRs will be available later on in the draft than usual.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Been a couple years at least since I started RB-RB in one of these ... with Zeke already on my roster, I had every intention of punting RB2 and loading up elsewhere. But none of the WRs here stand out from the pack, whereas Mixon is head and shoulders above the rest of the RBs on the board.

WSL1 gives me hope that quality WRs will be available later on in the draft than usual.
Agreed, thought about a couple RBs at the 2/3 turn but none really do it for me. So I figured I'd play it somewhat safe here with Landry, although he might leave Miami he has a nice floor, and a healthy (knock on wood) Rodgers. 

Sinrman has been skipped @jeter23  He's now on a four hour clock going forward.  The guys after him will have to use the commish function to enforce this.

Draft has been downright ugly for speed.

round 1. Barkley. I gave a thought to Beckhum or Hopkins but went risk-reward and wanted to grab a RB. Like Bark-Evans over Beckhum-Mixon.  I have a crush here and luckily own in my only dynasty league. I really like him better than the next 5 RBs by a lot. We will see. 

Round 2. Evans. He was one of only 2 preselects I had bad Green went next. Still had no interest in Tyreek, Gronk(too risky at this point), McCoy, Freeman  or Dams after I put in at 1.14 pick. So Chance none could have been there and might have gone Olsen, Rodgers or Adams. Luckily no second choice

Round 3. Bastards took all my preselects in Landry, Olsen, Cooper and Engram going by WSL1, thought would make. Long list of guys I could have lived with and comparing other draft, I reached on Henry but I have him high this year with no Gates. Well ahead of next TE and you guys are taking guys I have looked at. 

Sorry all.  Work is just crazy.

With the pick I missed, let me grab 3.10 Dez Bryant, WR, DAL

SSL, PDSL, WSL: all of them are great. No matter how successful my previous season was, I take part in one or all of these drafts and am reminded that I don't know nuttin'.

Thanks for keeping me grounded, you bastards.

:banned:

P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
All signs point to Henry having the backfield all to himself. Wouldn't surprise to see him as a 1st rounder very soon.

Thomas had a lackluster season, but still returned reasonable value. Things can't get any worse for him whether he stays or goes. He will likely be my early bestball most owned guy.

Wanted a QB who can stand on his own if the draft goes awry at the position. Rivers can handle it.

Immediate buyers remorse with Collins. He might hold on to the job, but there is lot of competition there to be tossing a draft pick at him this early.

All signs point to Henry having the backfield all to himself. Wouldn't surprise to see him as a 1st rounder very soon.

Thomas had a lackluster season, but still returned reasonable value. Things can't get any worse for him whether he stays or goes. He will likely be my early bestball most owned guy.

Wanted a QB who can stand on his own if the draft goes awry at the position. Rivers can handle it.

Immediate buyers remorse with Collins. He might hold on to the job, but there is lot of competition there to be tossing a draft pick at him this early.
Collins went at 3.9 in league 1.  That said, probably wasn't the time to tie up a bench spot.

Wish I could go back in time and swap Thomas for Julio.

I like Henry and was pissed you snaked him.

Yeah, a lot of people are big on Collins in the drafts at Fantrax and FFPC going on already. I let that sway me. I'm not too sure he's so much better than Dixon, Buck, and Woodhead that he should be so highly thought of.

P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
E Sanders (7.12)

J Reed (8.05)

Had a difficult choice at WR3, went with Sanders hoping one of the two will move to greener pastures.

Reed has proven league winning ability, not much of that left at this point. I think all he needs is a groin pull to hit for the injury cycle.

P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
E Sanders (7.12)

J Reed (8.05)

Had a difficult choice at WR3, went with Sanders hoping one of the two will move to greener pastures.

Reed has proven league winning ability, not much of that left at this point. I think all he needs is a groin pull to hit for the injury cycle.
Ref will pull his groin.

I was hoping Reed would fall to 8.16, he'd have been a great te2. Hooper will suffice.

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB

Gurley, Todd LAR RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Jones, Marvin DET WR

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR

Richardson, Paul SEA WR

Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Njoku, David CLE TE

Pretty happy with this group to start.

-OZ- said:
I was hoping Reed would fall to 8.16, he'd have been a great te2. Hooper will suffice.
Reed was definitely not making it back to you, or anywhere past 8.13.  ;) I decided to snag Eifert as my roll-dem-bones TE play instead ...

PLAYER 2017 YTD PTS BYE DRAFTED
Smith, Alex WAS QB 399.60 - 6.13
Wilson, Russell SEA QB 483.75 - 4.13
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB 205.20 - 1.04
Mixon, Joe CIN RB 145.30 - 2.13
Cooks, Brandin NEP WR 221.20 - 3.04
Crabtree, Michael OAK WR171.80 - 7.04
Funchess, Devin CAR WR 195.00 - 5.04
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE 12.60 - 9.04
Kittle, George SFO TE 149.50 - 8.13

Like it better than my WSL1 start for sure.

RB depth likely to be a concern, but everyone's gonna have that problem at one position or another in these.

P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
E Sanders (7.12)
R Cobb (10.05)

J Reed (8.05)
J Cook (9.12)

While there are some later TEs I think may provide a little better value related to draft position, Cook fits my much needed safety net profile better.

I'm dialed in on the grossly horrendous QB play discount on veteran WRs. Cobb and Nelson both in final year of deals and have very uncomfortable 12 mil cap hits. It will be interesting to see how things shake out. I think Cobb's value will hold better if he ends up the odd man out, but I'm guessing both get cap relief extensions to stay in GB.

5.15 Patrick Mahomes QB 15 KC
6.02 Derek Carr QB 17 OAK

Fully committed to going QB/QB at this turn.  Was nice to have some options.  Probably banking on Mahomes upside waaaaaaaaaaay too much in these, but WTH it’s early and I think he has serious game and I love his core weapons. I think Gruden is going to do wonders for that franchise and for Carr. I am expecting Carr to have a very solid year. 

7.15 Marshawn Lynch RB 32 OAK
8.02 James White RB34 NE
10.02 Rex Burkhead RB39 FA

After having zero RB through basically a full 7 rounds was committed to RB/RB at the 7-8 turn.  Nice to see Lynch hanging around. Obviously banking on some man love developing between Gruden and Lynch here and they work on their "people skillzzz", and he comes back and hogs the PT. White is pretty steady in this format and has a niche a high scoring offense, safe RB2 pick after a risky Lynch. I really like Burkhead the football player and if he goes back to NE, I think I would be ok with that especially if Lewis is gone, and either way he is still part of a high octane offense.  If he goes somewhere else, he probably has an even larger role in an offense which would be solid, so kind of win/win pick. 

3.15 Stefon Diggs WR21 MIN
4.02 Jordy Nelson WR22 GB
9.15 Chris Hogan WR55 NE

As the 3-4 turn was approaching I was really hoping Diggs would make it to me. Tough passing on WR in the first two rounds in a start 3 format, especially when you are at the end of round 3. I wasn’t dazzled by anything at RB, and apparently nor was anybody else as only 2 RB’s went between 3.13 and 5.08., so I was that guy again and snagged Jordy at top of round 4. I guess I must be on an island here….Rodgers back, good chance Cobb is released, I realize Adams seems to be the shiny new toy with a new contract, but while many may think the torch has been passed, I’m not sold Rodgers thinks that way quite yet and that is the only thing that really matters. I’ll keep buying Jordy twice on Sunday in these leagues at this price. This was part of the reason I felt ok about doing what I did below. 

1.15 Travis Kelce TE1 KC
2.02 Rob Gronkowski TE2 NE

I should be ok here.

Overall so far: after starting off in a pretty nontraditional manner, I feel ok with what I was able to cobble together so far. Getting the temperature of the room in WSL1 I thought I would be able to try something different as I knew some of my targets above were not valued very highly. Most notably all of my RB’s and Jordy. We’ll see how the rest of it shakes out….TBC...... :banned:

P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)
B Powell (11.12)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
E Sanders (7.12)
R Cobb (10.05)
E Decker (12.05)

J Reed (8.05)
J Cook (9.12)

Was difficult choosing between Powell and Riddick, just in case I want to blame my 11th round RB4 on my losing this league later on. WR got really thin really fast. Missed Marquis Lee by this || much.

BroadwayG said:
P Rivers (5.12)

M Gordon (1.12)
D Henry (3.12)
A Collins (6.05)
B Powell (11.12)

J Jones (2.05)
D Thomas (4.05)
E Sanders (7.12)
R Cobb (10.05)
E Decker (12.05)

J Reed (8.05)
J Cook (9.12)

Was difficult choosing between Powell and Riddick, just in case I want to blame my 11th round RB4 on my losing this league later on. WR got really thin really fast. Missed Marquis Lee by this || much.
had some difficulty at the last turn as I was deciding between Mathews, Lee, Booker....went with Mathews and then almost doubled up on Lee since slob didn't take him....but felt Booker could help my RB's if he gets the DEN job....and wasn't sure where Lee would end up and what his role would be....from what I had seen so far CHI was interested in him, and if that's the case I would have passed so I went ahead and passed here....

If I would have known Riddick would have survived the turn, I would have went Mathews in a flash. I feel like I lost at least 50 points there.

So far, not half bad imo.

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 3.01

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB 10.16

Indications have ty either staying in Buffalo or being traded, presumably he'll start next year. Kind of got caught at the end of the backup QB run. Could have taken a decent guy at the start of the 5th but that wasn't worth while, probably should have taken Dalton or Eli at the 7.01 but really needed a te1. Hope Rodgers stays healthy.

Clement, Corey PHI RB 11.01

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 6.16

Gurley, Todd LAR RB 1.01

Williams, Joe SFO RB 13.01

Cohen and Clement flashed at times last year, they should be decent receiving backs with a few nice games. San Fran is interesting right now and they seemed to like Joe Williams before the season. Hyde probably moves on so there's a chance he'll get substantial playing time. Pretty strong crew imo.

Davis, Corey TEN WR 4.16

Jones, Marvin DET WR 5.01

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR 2.16

Richardson, Paul SEA WR 9.01

An uninspiring group but with potential. Landry is a ppr machine, Jones should be a good wr2 here and I like Davis a lot. Richardson sound improve. Overall not a great group but good enough.

Hooper, Austin ATL TE 8.16

Njoku, David CLE TE 7.01

Hooper should be solid with a decent floor. Njoku has a lot of Jimmy Graham qualities, but he'll need a QB to succeed.

Tucker, Justin BAL PK 12.16

At this point it's all about ensuring your starting kicker has a job in September. Tucker is one of the top guys.

Just my :2cents: but I think the 1 pick is a bad spot in 16 team leagues. I like my team in w1 more. 

Jeter times out at midnight. I won’t be around to skip the pick. If you log in as commish go to setup then draft then skip pick. 

Timing out after a time out (with no email) kinda stinks, but oh well. My team so far...

QB- Garoppolo (5.11)/Trubisky (7.11)

RB- Cook (1.11)/Freeman (2.06)/Coleman (6.06)/Riddick (12.06)

WR- ARob (3.11)/Garcon (8.06)/Martavis (9.11)/Godwin (10.06)

TE- Graham (4.06)/Burton (11.11)

D- Rams (13.11)

Decent balance but no real strengths, so feeling middle of the pack. 

Don't know wtf is going on with the draft.  I've reverted twice, loaded/unloaded rosters, and re-picked only to find the draft back at Sinrman.  

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT  -5.13

Watson, Deshaun HOU QB -4.04

Barber, Peyton TBB RB-13.13

Chubb, Nick FA RB-8.04

Lewis, Dion NEP RB-6.04

Miller, Lamar HOU RB-7.13

Beckham, Odell NYG WR-1.13

Gordon, Josh CLE WR-3.13

Thomas, Michael NOS WR-2.04

Wallace, Mike BAL WR-14.04

Brate, Cameron TBB TE-9.13

Kroft, Tyler CIN TE-10.04

McDonald, Vance PIT TE-11.13

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK-12.04

Paint by the numbers draft.  Rd 1-3 draft 3 WRs.  Rd 4-5 grab two QBs.  Rd 6-8 fill the RB position.  Rd 9-11 take what's left at TE.  Rd 12 K.

Watson and Big Ben will provide pop at QB.  RB could be dicey.  Miller at 7.13 was a gift (went at 5.2 in draft 1).  The draft and FA will drastically impact this group.  OBJ/Thomas/Gordon should dominate if things go to plan.  Just need to find a couple of guys to cover bye weeks in the later rounds.  TE is a total crap shoot.  They went early and often in this draft so I decided to scoop up value elsewhere.  FA and the draft will also have a big impact on this group.  Grabbed Gostkowski early so I would have the option to go solo.

Finally have drafted a team that has pop and will be fun to follow.

So far, not half bad imo.

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 3.01

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB 10.16

Indications have ty either staying in Buffalo or being traded, presumably he'll start next year. Kind of got caught at the end of the backup QB run. Could have taken a decent guy at the start of the 5th but that wasn't worth while, probably should have taken Dalton or Eli at the 7.01 but really needed a te1. Hope Rodgers stays healthy.

Clement, Corey PHI RB 11.01

Cohen, Tarik CHI RB 6.16

Gurley, Todd LAR RB 1.01

Williams, Joe SFO RB 13.01

Cohen and Clement flashed at times last year, they should be decent receiving backs with a few nice games. San Fran is interesting right now and they seemed to like Joe Williams before the season. Hyde probably moves on so there's a chance he'll get substantial playing time. Pretty strong crew imo.

Davis, Corey TEN WR 4.16

Jones, Marvin DET WR 5.01

Landry, Jarvis MIA WR 2.16

Richardson, Paul SEA WR 9.01

An uninspiring group but with potential. Landry is a ppr machine, Jones should be a good wr2 here and I like Davis a lot. Richardson sound improve. Overall not a great group but good enough.

Hooper, Austin ATL TE 8.16

Njoku, David CLE TE 7.01

Hooper should be solid with a decent floor. Njoku has a lot of Jimmy Graham qualities, but he'll need a QB to succeed.

Tucker, Justin BAL PK 12.16

At this point it's all about ensuring your starting kicker has a job in September. Tucker is one of the top guys.

Just my :2cents: but I think the 1 pick is a bad spot in 16 team leagues. I like my team in w1 more. 
Added John Ross, speedster who should make a play or two this year. I don't want him in normal leagues but in best ball I'll take the chance at wr75, after djax, Wallace, Ginn, etc (similar players) are taken. 

And chargers defense. Just wanted to be sure to get one defense with playmakers. 

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT  -5.13

Watson, Deshaun HOU QB -4.04

Barber, Peyton TBB RB-13.13

Chubb, Nick FA RB-8.04

Lewis, Dion NEP RB-6.04

Miller, Lamar HOU RB-7.13

Beckham, Odell NYG WR-1.13

Gordon, Josh CLE WR-3.13

Thomas, Michael NOS WR-2.04

Wallace, Mike BAL WR-14.04

Brate, Cameron TBB TE-9.13

Kroft, Tyler CIN TE-10.04

McDonald, Vance PIT TE-11.13

Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK-12.04

Paint by the numbers draft.  Rd 1-3 draft 3 WRs.  Rd 4-5 grab two QBs.  Rd 6-8 fill the RB position.  Rd 9-11 take what's left at TE.  Rd 12 K.

Watson and Big Ben will provide pop at QB.  RB could be dicey.  Miller at 7.13 was a gift (went at 5.2 in draft 1).  The draft and FA will drastically impact this group.  OBJ/Thomas/Gordon should dominate if things go to plan.  Just need to find a couple of guys to cover bye weeks in the later rounds.  TE is a total crap shoot.  They went early and often in this draft so I decided to scoop up value elsewhere.  FA and the draft will also have a big impact on this group.  Grabbed Gostkowski early so I would have the option to go solo.

Finally have drafted a team that has pop and will be fun to follow.
I like how you addressed TE herewith the shotgun approach. Overall really good team imo.

5.15 Patrick Mahomes QB 15 KC
6.02 Derek Carr QB17 OAK

7.15 Marshawn Lynch RB 32 OAK
8.02 James White RB34 NE
10.02 Rex Burkhead RB39 FA
12.02 Devontae Booker RB53 DEN

3.15 Stefon Diggs WR21 MIN
4.02 Jordy Nelson WR22 GB
9.15 Chris Hogan WR55 NE
11.15 Rashard Mathews WR64 TEN
14.02 Allen Hurns WR72 JAC
15.15 Jermaine Kearse WR77 NYJ
16.02 Trent Taylor WR78 SF

1.15 Travis Kelce TE1 KC
2.02 Rob Gronkowski TE2 NE

13.15 Robbie Gould PK12 SF

RB's: have since added Booker, rolling the dice CJA gets cut and he becomes RB1.  I do think CJA will get cut, just not sure if DEN will look to upgrade with a Barkley (if he falls) or a Sony/Chubb, etc.  If Booker gets the nod and starter touches, he will be a decent pick in the 12th. 

WR's: have since added Mathews, Hurns, Kearse, and Taylor. Think each one brings something to the table. MM seems to like Mathews and at end of year he always seems to put up respectable numbers.  Got him at WR 64 and he finished as WR37. Davis should emerge, but Mathews should still be a target. Hurns is still pretty young and should be decent wherever he ends up, even if that is still in JAC. Missed 6 weeks and finished as WR67…got him at WR72. Kearse had a really nice year and should be a stable part of the WR core in an uncertain Jets group as the other guys have issues with injury or the law. Thought he offered super value at WR77 having finished as WR29 last year. Taylor kind of flew under the radar last year but was probably the 3rd best rookie WR when all was said and done.  Came on to finish as WR68. I see his arrow pointing up as a slot receiver for Grap and an offense on the rise. Could be a nice PPR pick this late. 

I have thus far resisted the temptation to join the DST runs.  It's just such a crap shoot.  Last year in WSL1, the Lions were drafted as DST 25 and the Saints as DST 29....they finished DST 5 and DST 6. I'll snag some later maybe. All my dudes currently have jobs except for Burkhead.  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread