What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you wear a belt with jeans? (1 Viewer)

If you answered yes, are you over or under 40

• Over

Votes: 193 76.3%
  • Under

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, but mine's a goth belt or white belt for grind core. 

That's what gets me in with the strippers.  

What does the under 40 thing have to do with it? Do you old guys not where a belt with your jeans?

What does the under 40 thing have to do with it? Do you old guys not where a belt with your jeans?
My wife was busting my chops for wearing a belt with jeans and told me that the only other two guys she knows that wear a belt with jeans were our two fathers.

I took it to mean millenials are doing away with belts, or some such thing like that.  I would think wearing a belt is more formal/classic, so the older you are the more likely you are to wear one.
Thats what i thought.  I also go out of my way to not wear skinny jeans tight enough to show off camel tail too, so maybe no belt is needed for those? 

I wear a belt unless:

wearing sweats

wearing a suit with suspenders 

mowing my wife’s lawn
This is the answer. I wear a belt with shorts. 

And who is asking about a shirt being tucked or not. Who's got the shirt tucked in with jeans? Shirts should only be tucked if your job requires it, or you are attending a wedding and/or funeral. Oh, and a job interview. Otherwise no tucks. 

I haven't worn jeans since the 90's.  I used a belt back then.  So heavy and uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:

And who is asking about a shirt being tucked or not. Who's got the shirt tucked in with jeans? Shirts should only be tucked if your job requires it, or you are attending a wedding and/or funeral. Oh, and a job interview. Otherwise no tucks. 
Big time disagree here.  T shirt?  Yes, untucked.  Button up shirt?  Definitely depends on the fit of the shirt, but the wrong shirt untucked looks horrendous. 

I have a follow up question about belts.  Not about style but about practical purpose.  Are you wearing a belt so tight it's holding up your pants?  It seems to me that if you have properly fitting pants, the practical need for a belt is eliminated and it's just for fashion.

Big time disagree here.  T shirt?  Yes, untucked.  Button up shirt?  Definitely depends on the fit of the shirt, but the wrong shirt untucked looks horrendous. 
I've gone back and forth so many times on the button down.  I'm back to tucking.

Now I'm back to looking like a fat, white, middle-aged suburbanite, rather than a fat, white, middle-aged suburbanite who's trying to pretend he isn't one.

I have a follow up question about belts.  Not about style but about practical purpose.  Are you wearing a belt so tight it's holding up your pants?  It seems to me that if you have properly fitting pants, the practical need for a belt is eliminated and it's just for fashion.
My waist is small but my butt is... not quite as small... Pants that fit my butt are loose at the waist so they'll just fall right down without a belt.

Create a tuck or no tuck poll

I've gone back and forth so many times on the button down.  I'm back to tucking.

Now I'm back to looking like a fat, white, middle-aged suburbanite, rather than a fat, white, middle-aged suburbanite who's trying to pretend he isn't one.
My personal opinion is that you have to have a great shape and well fitted shirt to pull off an untucked shirt wihtout looking like a complete slob.  If you tuck your shirt in, even if your frame isn't perfect, it shows you at least give a rats ### about your appearance.

If you don't care what you look like, then by all means you should untuck, but if that is the case, why are you wearing a button down shirt? :shrug:  

Bingo.

If you have a big ol gut, or if the shirt doesn't fit properly, generally untucked shirts look slovenly.
If it's a shorter shirt that fits properly it looks better untucked. 

Every pair of pants I own that has belt loops, gets a belt to go through them.
Exactly this. 

Wearing belt-looped pants with a tucked in shirt sans-belt looks horrible. Belt creates a visual demarcation point. Also that is an example of a horribly fitting shirt. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread