What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Went on a date last night and didn't end well (1 Viewer)

wazoo11

Footballguy
And she was spanked by a stranger while boarding a train. I froze and didn't know what to do. The guy looked like he was 6'4 and 300 lbs. I'm not one to start a confrontation. I got a text from her this morning and she's pretty irate. I don't know what to do. How would you have handled the situation better?

Sorry your previous thread was deleted. Maybe repost it but under the title of "Went On A Date With A Genre-Specific Film Actress"?

I would've cracked him right on the button. 

Shark move since that isn't your thing:

Next time you go out with her, put her in a taxi to go home, instead of a train. 

Before doing so, find your largest friend, tell him where you'll be and to harass her when you're on your next date, take the tough guy roll there...  

I am assuming by date you mean went out with some random woman you met on social media you barely know. No reason to even attempt a comeback, just apologize, say people are awful these days, tell her you didn't want to make a scene and risk him escalating the situation with the 2 of you. Move on to someone else. 

And she was spanked by a stranger while boarding a train. I froze and didn't know what to do. The guy looked like he was 6'4 and 300 lbs. I'm not one to start a confrontation. I got a text from her this morning and she's pretty irate. I don't know what to do. How would you have handled the situation better?
First date?

But honestly I probably would've got my ### kicked in this situation. 
I secretly despise my folks for not putting me in karate or boxing classes at a young age for these exact scenarios.  99.9% of the people in this world (including me) have no idea to correctly use self defense or proper fighting techniques.  For the most part its people bull rushing and throwing haymakers

OP, she was irate at the guy, or at you for not stepping in?
Yeah, and why did he spank her in the first place? Did he seem mentally stable? I would have done what Ilov80s suggested above. No reason to get yourself killed. Move on to the next one. 

I am assuming by date you mean went out with some random woman you met on social media you barely know. No reason to even attempt a comeback, just apologize, say people are awful these days, tell her you didn't want to make a scene and risk him escalating the situation with the 2 of you. Move on to someone else. 
but if he could have someone just did the one punch knock out imagine the secks that guy would be in for

If you're going to get into a street fight it's important to make sure you make a big scene about feeling threatened and also step away from your opponent.  Unless you don't have any assets to protect, then just wail away.  Even if you're not starting it, it's important to establish to any potential witnesses that you are the one defending yourself. 

:thumbup:

These type of situations just suck.  I'm 43 now with 2 bad knees and sometimes I'm just sore because... well, I have no friggin idea.  I can't imagine how bad a fight would hurt now.  20 years ago?  I'd have went at the big guy all crazy and probably gotten my ### kicked, but I'd have my pride and he wouldn't have walked away without taking some punishment in the process.  Now?  I'd avoid a fight at all costs.  Like Cockroach said, it's all about assets.  If you don't have any, you tend to be willing to fight the world.  Once you get established, there is just too much to lose. No win situation really..

You did the right thing even if it sucks.  People have died over dumber things than that.  If you learn anything from the confrontation, it's "get a cab / uber", screw public transportation.

What did the text say?

I would have stood there silently outraged, thinking of what to say and doing a cost/benefit in my mind before finally deciding to poosily slink away.

No twatlawn for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread