Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Shooting at high school in Florida

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, [icon] said:

Let’s be fair... the dad is a ######## of the highest order for doing this. Surprised Trump jumped on it without waiting for validation... well maybe not TOTALLY surprised. That said I don’t fault any posters who shared it unless they pushed it after the corrected story line was readily available. Folks on both sides are fairly frequently duped by bullshif stories. 

drink

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [icon] said:

Let’s be fair... the dad is a ######## of the highest order for doing this. Surprised Trump jumped on it without waiting for validation... well maybe not TOTALLY surprised.

 

That said I don’t fault any posters who shared it unless they pushed it after the corrected story line was readily available. Folks on both sides are fairly frequently duped by bullshif stories. Lets not turn EVERY facet of every story into a partisan slapfight. 

I’m all for being fair, but this turned partisan because people constantly believe BS like this specifically about CNN.  It was partisan the moment CNN got brought up because of the right’s attitude about CNN.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, [icon] said:

Let’s be fair... the dad is a ######## of the highest order for doing this. Surprised Trump jumped on it without waiting for validation... well maybe not TOTALLY surprised.

 

That said I don’t fault any posters who shared it unless they pushed it after the corrected story line was readily available. Folks on both sides are fairly frequently duped by bullshif stories. Lets not turn EVERY facet of every story into a partisan slapfight. 

There was at least one still believing the kid after CNN posted the emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Donkey Derp said:

I don't think anyone should be basing decisions on 40 year old men who choose to iFight every possible chance they have.

You're right.  They should base those decisions on those of us who are much older than that and have more experience and knowledge.  All you 40 year old kids get out of here and stay off my lawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent half of the day going through phase 2 of active shooter training if anyone has any questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I spent half of the day going through phase 2 of active shooter training if anyone has any questions. 

At one point are you authorized to blow mother####ers away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I spent half of the day going through phase 2 of active shooter training if anyone has any questions. 

Where is your rally point?

I figure the lunch room, near the milk area is a good point to set a line of suppressing flanking fire down with Jeff from Algebra 2. Mary from AP Chem can then lead the head on charge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

At one point are you authorized to blow mother####ers away?

Never because I don't have a gun. However the last part of the training they sprung a surprise attack on the cafeteria full of teachers. The shooter had a massive automatic Nerf Gun. He was tackled by a custodian and disarmed after only hitting one person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Never because I don't have a gun. However the last part of the training they sprung a surprise attack on the cafeteria full of teachers. The shooter had a massive automatic Nerf Gun. He was tackled by a custodian and disarmed after only hitting one person.

No one ever suspects the custodian. Deceptively quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The General said:

Where is your rally point?

I figure the lunch room, near the milk area is a good point to set a line of suppressing flanking fire down with Jeff from Algebra 2. Mary from AP Chem can then lead the head on charge.

It's actually this bowling alley that's a few blocks away.  We are only in phase 2 of training. All I have got is a shield and a battle axe. I need to level up some more. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I spent half of the day going through phase 2 of active shooter training if anyone has any questions. 

daughter had an active shooter drill at her middle school today.   it really pisses me off that she needs to practice not getting murdered a few times a year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the rover said:

daughter had an active shooter drill at her middle school today.   it really pisses me off that she needs to practice not getting murdered a few times a year.

It does suck but we are teaching them valuable skills that could save their lives in any number of potential emergencies they could face later in life. It's not awful to learn what to do in a dangerous situation or how to stay calm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

It's actually this bowling alley that's a few blocks away.  We are only in phase 2 of training. All I have got is a shield and a battle axe. I need to level up some more. 

If that shield is bulletproof, you're good to go. I'd be pissing my pants if someone came at me with a battleaxe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of guns - let's give teachers bulletproof shields and battleaxes!!

What could possibly go wrong?

Or, in fact, maybe that is what we should give to the custodians....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, blend said:

Has anyone mentioned Sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads?

A moat around schools filled with those ought to do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blend said:

Has anyone mentioned Sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads?

The President would veto that in an instant.  Just ask Stormy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blend said:

Has anyone mentioned Sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads?

How are they against Grizzly Bears?

Also...as apalmer says...that might freak Trump out a bit much.

Now gorillas with laser beams would get him interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t read most of this thread so apologies if it’s been discussed but it appears there’s a lot of hoaxes and pranks at schools with kids threatening to bring a gun or shoot people.  Happened today at my sons middle school - someone spray painted there would be a shooting tomorrow.  Wife texted that my son asked if he has to go to school - I’m unclear yet if he’s scared or just wanting to miss.

Anyway folks, remind your kids this isn’t funny and to report anything like this to an adult and to you.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

I haven’t read most of this thread so apologies if it’s been discussed but it appears there’s a lot of hoaxes and pranks at schools with kids threatening to bring a gun or shoot people.  Happened today at my sons middle school - someone spray painted there would be a shooting tomorrow.  Wife texted that my son asked if he has to go to school - I’m unclear yet if he’s scared or just wanting to miss.

Anyway folks, remind your kids this isn’t funny and to report anything like this to an adult and to you.

All the local schools here have been on lockdown at least once in the past week.  Crazy times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just had a 15 year old kid arrested yesterday and charged with 2 felonies for posting a threat on social media. A lot of people are upset because they posted his pic and info online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

All the local schools here have been on lockdown at least once in the past week.  Crazy times. 

My city has less than 10,000 people in it.  The local middle school had three students questioned and at least one of them arrested this week for threats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

My city has less than 10,000 people in it.  The local middle school had three students questioned and at least one of them arrested this week for threats. 

Can't imagine how in the world these kids could imagine this is funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

My city has less than 10,000 people in it.  The local middle school had three students questioned and at least one of them arrested this week for threats. 

My city has 20,000 and the middle school has had 2 threats this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been incidents all over the nation.  Just read a story about a 6 year old bringing a gun to school the other day.  I don't think he did it to shoot anyone but because he thought it was cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the threats are now meta - turns out the supposed threat at my kids school was a prank but the prank wasn’t spray painting anything but rather spreading the rumor that it was done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

There have been incidents all over the nation.  Just read a story about a 6 year old bringing a gun to school the other day.  I don't think he did it to shoot anyone but because he thought it was cool.

I posted on Monday about my oldest freaking out during a drill because he realized the severity of it.  Since then we have had a real situation with shots fired near the campus and the kids on lockdown for 2 hours. (everyone is fine, the school itself was never in danger)

So, I have had to have my oldest tell me:

Dad, if that happens again, make sure you don't text me or call my phone because I don't want it to go off and have the shooter know where I am;

Dad, the boys and I were talking and if we are caught in this certain spot in the school during a shooter situation we decided that one of us will run towards the shooter so the others can get to a safe space;

Dad, why do they tell us to hold a book by our head, don't they know a bullet will go through it;

Dad, are you worried that I can die when you leave me at school?

Dad, when the SWAT guys were in the school they were carrying machine guns and then the police stayed the rest of the day and patrolled the grounds;

Dad, I didn't realize a helicopter was so loud (because the SWAT chopper landed on the grounds)

Dad, Mr. Smith stood by the primary door to make sure that if the shooter got into the school he would shoot him first and not one of us.

And those were the just the ones I remember in between trying to appear strong and comforting to a teenager that has to act like he is living in a bad b-movie while the internal rage, sadness and fear was gripping me in a why that I can't possibly put into words and I've tried several times.  All because some phallically challenged cowards support a political thought and organization that stands in the way of making sure our kids can go to school to....... learn.  One of them actually posted in one of the threads that he "is the NRA."

The NRA and its supporters are a clear and present danger to the United States.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

I posted on Monday about my oldest freaking out during a drill because he realized the severity of it.  Since then we have had a real situation with shots fired near the campus and the kids on lockdown for 2 hours. (everyone is fine, the school itself was never in danger)

So, I have had to have my oldest tell me:

Dad, if that happens again, make sure you don't text me or call my phone because I don't want it to go off and have the shooter know where I am;

Dad, the boys and I were talking and if we are caught in this certain spot in the school during a shooter situation we decided that one of us will run towards the shooter so the others can get to a safe space;

Dad, why do they tell us to hold a book by our head, don't they know a bullet will go through it;

Dad, are you worried that I can die when you leave me at school?

Dad, when the SWAT guys were in the school they were carrying machine guns and then the police stayed the rest of the day and patrolled the grounds;

Dad, I didn't realize a helicopter was so loud (because the SWAT chopper landed on the grounds)

Dad, Mr. Smith stood by the primary door to make sure that if the shooter got into the school he would shoot him first and not one of us.

And those were the just the ones I remember in between trying to appear strong and comforting to a teenager that has to act like he is living in a bad b-movie while the internal rage, sadness and fear was gripping me in a why that I can't possibly put into words and I've tried several times.  All because some phallically challenged cowards support a political thought and organization that stands in the way of making sure our kids can go to school to....... learn.  One of them actually posted in one of the threads that he "is the NRA."

The NRA and its supporters are a clear and present danger to the United States.

At least you have teenagers that can understand what’s going on if it happens and maybe get out of it somehow. 

I have a 5 year old autistic daughter so I’m listening to the arming teacher idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shots fired on Central Michigan campus. The Michigan State Police in Mount Pleasant have confirmed to 6 News that “people are deceased”, but could not give a definitive number of victims beyond “more than one person”.

Suspect is still at large. The City of Mt. Pleasant actually tweeted this description. 

UPDATE: The suspect is a black male and considered armed and dangerous. More information will be shared as it becomes available.

--

Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our country sucks. Parents are terrible and need to take responsibility for what is going on.

Yesterday my wife picked up my 3rd grader from the after school daycare program at her school and she was pretty upset. Apparently out if nowhere a boy a little younger then her came up to her out of nowhere and starting spelling swear words and aggressively approached her saying he was going to hurt her and even kill her. Luckily the daycare head was right there so he grabbed the boy before anything happened. My wife talked to him and apparently they boy has some autistic or other similar issues. When my older daughter was about the same age she has a similar situation, but this time a boy told her his dad was a police officer and he was going to bring his gun to school and kill her.

What the ####. Look, I feel for parents of special needs kids, but there's way too little decent parenting going on as well. I won't even go into all the bullying stories from various girls (wow, huge #####es!) that we've dealt with. People suck.

 

Edited by cap'n grunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Our country sucks. Parents are terrible and need to take responsibility for what is going on.

Yesterday my wife picked up my 3rd grader from the after school daycare program at her school and she was pretty upset. Apparently out if nowhere a boy a little younger then her came up to her out of nowhere and starting spelling swear words and aggressively approached her saying he was going to hurt her and even kill her. Luckily the daycare head was right there so he grabbed the boy before anything happened. My wife talked to him and apparently they boy has some autistic or other similar issues. When my older daughter was about the same age she has a similar situation, but this time a boy told her his dad was a police officer and he was going to bring his gun to school and kill her.

What the ####. Look, I feel for parents of special needs kids, but there's way too little decent parenting going on as well. I won't even go into all the bullying stories from various girls (wow, huge #####es!) that we've dealt with. People suck.

 

Dogs are way better than people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Shots fired on Central Michigan campus. The Michigan State Police in Mount Pleasant have confirmed to 6 News that “people are deceased”, but could not give a definitive number of victims beyond “more than one person”.

Suspect is still at large. The City of Mt. Pleasant actually tweeted this description. 

UPDATE: The suspect is a black male and considered armed and dangerous. More information will be shared as it becomes available.

--

Unreal.

Says the shooter is still at large.  Hopefully there's enough time for Trump to get there and take the shooter out.  He did say he'd run into a school to stop a shooter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Shots fired on Central Michigan campus. The Michigan State Police in Mount Pleasant have confirmed to 6 News that “people are deceased”, but could not give a definitive number of victims beyond “more than one person”.

Suspect is still at large. The City of Mt. Pleasant actually tweeted this description. 

UPDATE: The suspect is a black male and considered armed and dangerous. More information will be shared as it becomes available.

--

Unreal.

2 more dead :no: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, Ilov80s said:

Never because I don't have a gun. However the last part of the training they sprung a surprise attack on the cafeteria full of teachers. The shooter had a massive automatic Nerf Gun. He was tackled by a custodian and disarmed after only hitting one person.

"OK ... this is how it goes down if Iron Man, Hulk, and Black Panther happen to be hanging out at the school when the shooter busts in ..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the two deceased persons were not students and the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute.  Doesn't sound like a shooting similar to Parkland or others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I haven’t read most of this thread so apologies if it’s been discussed but it appears there’s a lot of hoaxes and pranks at schools with kids threatening to bring a gun or shoot people.  Happened today at my sons middle school - someone spray painted there would be a shooting tomorrow.  Wife texted that my son asked if he has to go to school - I’m unclear yet if he’s scared or just wanting to miss.

Anyway folks, remind your kids this isn’t funny and to report anything like this to an adult and to you.

This happened in the New Orleans area last week at least half a dozen times. That is, the local media reported on such incidents 5 or 6 times. I think one incident actually had something to it, and the rest were pranks.

Not sure local media are still picking up these stories ... haven't heard about any new incidents in a few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Doug B said:

This happened in the New Orleans area last week at least half a dozen times. That is, the local media reported on such incidents 5 or 6 times. I think one incident actually had something to it, and the rest were pranks.

Not sure local media are still picking up these stories ... haven't heard about any new incidents in a few days.

It's happening everywhere. Some are pranks and some are genuinely disturbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, squistion said:

:(

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/970078901622878208

The Florida Senate rejected an assault weapons ban today, 20-17. 2 Republicans joined 15 Democrats to support the ban. Every no vote against the ban was cast by Republicans.

Vote each and every one of them out of office.

You watch, November is going to be a Democrat revival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squistion said:

:(

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/970078901622878208

The Florida Senate rejected an assault weapons ban today, 20-17. 2 Republicans joined 15 Democrats to support the ban. Every no vote against the ban was cast by Republicans.

Good.....a ban is not needed.    Lipstick on a pig is all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Underachievers said:

 

14 hours ago, squistion said:

:(

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/970078901622878208

The Florida Senate rejected an assault weapons ban today, 20-17. 2 Republicans joined 15 Democrats to support the ban. Every no vote against the ban was cast by Republicans.

Good.....a ban is not needed.    Lipstick on a pig is all.  

 

And I suspect there are 20 pigs in Florida who are going to wish they had some lipstick shortly.  Maybe then they'd have gotten kissed before they were....well, you know the rest.

Edited by apalmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, apalmer said:

And I suspect there are 20 pigs in Florida who are going to wish they had some lipstick shortly.  Maybe then they'd have gotten kissed before they were....well, you know the rest.

Is November when the voters gets to make sausage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandy Gonzalez‏Verified account @_mandygonzalez 3h3 hours ago

Everyone please send your prayers & love to Anthony Borges, a 15-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas student, who was shot 5 times while saving 20 classmates. He is now in critical condition. @NeverAgainMSD @Everytown @AMarch4OurLives Anthony's GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/anthonyborges

https://twitter.com/_mandygonzalez/status/972128698265686017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.