What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Couples dinner: Seating arrangements (1 Viewer)

Your partner is...

• On the same side of the table as you.

Votes: 84 78.5%
  • Across the table from you.

Votes: 23 21.5%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
You and your SO are out to dinner with another couple.  You're sat at a rectangular table for four.  How is the seating arranged?  Are you on the same side of the table next to your SO or sitting across from them?  

I thought this was a no-brainer until last night.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Same side... although it depends.  One of my close friends married my wife's best friend.  When we go out with that couple, it's not uncommon for the women to sit together.

We don't have a set arrangement. Sometimes the girls like to sit next to each other. Sometimes the couples want to sit next to each other.

But if it's a square table, the couple always sits next to, and not across from, each other.

Same side... although it depends.  One of my close friends married her best friend.  When we go out with that couple, it's not uncommon for the women to sit together.
Isn't this situation still better off with the women sitting across from each other?

Isn't this situation still better off with the women sitting across from each other?
Generally yes. We're friends with a couple where the lady's personally matches mine and the husband's personality matches my wife's. In that case, it makes more sense to match the personalities than the gender.

Me

My Mrs                 Other Guy

Other Mrs

Edit; I’m not sure if this is the table design or not. If wrong...

Me           Mrs. Me

———————-

Other Guy His wife

Married 21 years.  I simply wait until everyone else sits and there's only 1 spot left.  That's where I sit.  Sometimes, I'll ask my wife "across or next to" and leave it up to her.  Why make things complicated.

Me

My Mrs                 Other Guy

Other Mrs

Edit; I’m not sure if this is the table design or not. If wrong...

Me           Mrs. Me

———————-

Other Guy His wife

Post of the year here, expertly detailed.  This issue is officially put to rest.  If you're not doing it this way, you're weird.

You're obviously all entitled to do your thing, but the 'two dudes next to each other' looks a little strange to my eye.
I’m assuming that it’s a guy that I want to talk to, otherwise I wouldn’t go. So it makes the most sense to sit in those spots so we aren’t talking over the girls.

Also, in your original question did you mean a person on each side or two on opposite sides?

I'd like to hear about how the OP ####ed this up from his wife's perspective and didn't end up getting any last night as a result.

I'd like to hear about how the OP ####ed this up from his wife's perspective and didn't end up getting any last night as a result.
Ha.  It wasn't me.  The table next to us pulled this stunt, however.  The guys looked mighty cozy over there together.  Of course, maybe I've got this all wrong and it was two gay couples.

I’m assuming that it’s a guy that I want to talk to, otherwise I wouldn’t go. So it makes the most sense to sit in those spots so we aren’t talking over the girls.

Also, in your original question did you mean a person on each side or two on opposite sides?
Yeah, who is going out to talk to their wife?  The other girl sits next to me, my wife across from her.  Dude or third lady across from me.

I just realized that in 12 years of marriage and 16 years together, we have never been out to dinner with another couple. 

And really, what a blessing since this seems like a difficult decision to make
This can't be true.

Users who are viewing this thread