What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How can I stop my kid from screaming into XBox headset? (1 Viewer)

PIK95

Footballguy
We have a huge problem at our house.  Whenever my son plays XBox or PS4 with his friends, he has to talk really loud into his mic just to hear himself.  Is there a head set or some software that will help put a stop to this?  I can't take it anymore!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a huge problem at our house.  Whenever my son plays XBox or PS4 with his friends, he is screaming at the top of his lungs into his mic.  Is there a head set or some software that will help put a stop to this?  I can't take it anymore!
1. Look on the side of the headset for the little orange button. You’ll probably need a paperclip to press it.

2. There is no little orange button. But, now that you have the headphones in your hands, start to squeeze them, tight enough that the plastic starts to squeal a little, but not so hard that you’re actually breaking them.

3. Meaningful eye contact with son. With a very low voice, that requires he remain utterly silent to hear, tell him: “I will destroy this headset, the next time I hear cursing/yelling/shenanigans coming from this room.”

The issue is he can't hear himself.  He has know idea how loud he is talking.  Is there a way to normalize the mic volume with what he hears? 

WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO MY KIDS I JUST SCREAM LOUDER THAN THEM SO THEIR FRIENDS CAN HEAR ME. THE OLD "EMBARRASSMENT TRICK."

I SAY THINGS LIKE:

HEY, DID YOU WIPE YOUR BUTT GOOD TODAY?

MOM PICKED UP YOUR ITCH CREAM TODAY.

HEY, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT WHY YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME IN THE SHOWER THIS MORNING.

The volume is too high, obviously.  Have you never encountered someone wearing headphones that are too loud?

Turn it down and he should as well. If not, take it away until he learns to just like others said.

He's not actually screaming, just talking loud.  Is there a headset where he can hear himself.

We have a huge problem at our house.  Whenever my son plays XBox or PS4 with his friends, he is screaming at the top of his lungs into his mic.  Is there a head set or some software that will help put a stop to this?  I can't take it anymore!
Hmm....

WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO MY KIDS I JUST SCREAM LOUDER THAN THEM SO THEIR FRIENDS CAN HEAR ME. THE OLD "EMBARRASSMENT TRICK."

I SAY THINGS LIKE:

HEY, DID YOU WIPE YOUR BUTT GOOD TODAY?

MOM PICKED UP YOUR ITCH CREAM TODAY.

HEY, WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT WHY YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME IN THE SHOWER THIS MORNING.
:goodposting:

I see your point.  I guess I distracted everyone when I embellished his loud talking.  

WHAT I WANT IS A HEAD SET RECOMMENDATION WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE THROUGH THE MIC!

I guess I should just take this to the curley board.

I see your point.  I guess I distracted everyone when I embellished his loud talking.  

WHAT I WANT IS A HEAD SET RECOMMENDATION WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE THROUGH THE MIC!

I guess I should just take this to the curley board.
I feel like this isn’t that hard. You don’t need a different headset. 

Have a baby. Make him play Xbox in the baby’s room when the baby is napping. If he wakes the baby he has to get it back to sleep. 

I feel like this isn’t that hard. You don’t need a different headset. 
I have actually tried four different ones.  The ears are so tight, you can't hear your own voice.  So you have no idea how loud you are talking.  Like deaf people who talk loud and don't know it.

Tell him to pull one of the ear pads away from an ear.  Then he can hear his friends in one ear and still hears himself, and you #####ing at him, in the other ear.
That actually works.  But there has gotta be an easier way.

X Box actually removed one of the ears on their version.
Yes. But you’d need to buy another headset?

I’m not a gamer but isn’t part of the headset stereo sound to hear what on either different side of you?

Id just teach him to talk quieter. 

Schtick free here, why does he need to hear himself? I would think he only needs to hear his friends talk.

Users who are viewing this thread