What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* Marvel's Black Panther movie (1 Viewer)

Good grief, I feel like I have to have a conversation about this movie in the 3-4 different threads now.  I took the son to see it this morning and I really liked it.  

Good grief, I feel like I have to have a conversation about this movie in the 3-4 different threads now.  I took the son to see it this morning and I really liked it.  
Heh.

Well, some previous movies, people who hadn't seen them were saying they were stopping read the MCU thread for wanting to avoid spoilers.  So figured it was a good idea to fire one up for it before we got there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good movie - middle of the pack for the Marvel movies. 

Tried way too hard on the political/social statements.  Uncomfortably so in some scenes.

The last words by Killmonger damn near ruined the movie.

Good movie - middle of the pack for the Marvel movies. 

Tried way too hard on the political/social statements.  Uncomfortably so in some scenes.

The last words by Killmonger damn near ruined the movie.
I am curious where you think it tried too hard with the political and social statements. 

shadyridr said:
My 8 year old has seen every marvel movie since avengers in the theater.
Did it cause him to scream into his Xbox mic?  Asking for a friend.

KarmaPolice said:
put it in spoiler tags. 
Dont know how to put spoilers. :shrug:

“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, cause they knew death was better than bondage.”

The most try hard and forced scene I can recall in some time.

There were few of these that distracted from an otherwise good time for me.

Dont know how to put spoilers. :shrug:

“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, cause they knew death was better than bondage.”

The most try hard and forced scene I can recall in some time.

There were few of these that distracted from an otherwise good time for me.
If only there was a post that always lives at the top of the forum, with a name indicating it's an FAQ for the board, and a bolded section in the OP titled How Do You Do a Spoiler?

. It's a marvel movie, but not part of MCU?  Sorry for the questions
 Disney is a movie studio. They own rights to several marvel characters which make up MCU (iron man, avenger, black panther, captain America, etc).

Fox is another movie studio. They own rights to several marvel characters (X-Men, deadpool, fantastic four, etc). Disney recently purchased fox. It remains to be seen what will happen to xmen. Prior to the sale, characters owned by fox couldn't appear in MCU movies despite both being in marvel comics.

Sony is another studio. They own rights to Spiderman and venom. They reached a deal last year with Disney that allowed Spiderman to be part of MCU but technically Sony still owns the rights. It's why prior to captain America 3, Spiderman hasn't appeared in any avenger movies.

The whole thing is very confusing.

anyone know?
Both are set in the immediate aftermath of Civil War. At the beginning of Black Panther only a week has gone by from the bombing that kills T'Challa's father and Zemo has already been caught. Homecoming obviously starts with Spidey coming back from the airport fight. There is a long gap where Spidey is running around on his own in NY though, so the bulk of Homecoming would be taking place after Black Panther. 

If only there was a post that always lives at the top of the forum, with a name indicating it's an FAQ for the board, and a bolded section in the OP titled How Do You Do a Spoiler?
I've never opened that post in the dozen+ years here.  Doubt I ever will.

Anyway, I thought posted about in in the other threads, but might as well here too.  I thought this was a top level Marvel movie and for me ranks up with the last couple Cpt America movies, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Iron Man.   I might be forgetting some, but I would guess it's in the top 5 for me.  

I really loved the energy of the movie and the ones in the MU that I gravitate to are the ones with a self contained story and world and ones with a human bad guy.  I am getting bored with the dull alien baddies chasing around for glowing orbs.  I also joked that whoever hates all the broads in the SW movies probably should stay away from this one as the female character are numerous, great, and probably overshadow the main superhero.  

Hmmm....not sure how this movie is getting these crazy high reviews.  Took my kids yesterday and thought it was pretty boring.  The actor playing the big baddie was pretty awful.  Usually my kids will run around the next couple days pretending to be the characters, they didn't even say anything about it.  Bottom 5 Marvel movie for me with GOTG2, Civil War, Ultron, IM3

Saw it last night...it was okay. A decent enough movie but far from excellent. 

And there were a lot of deaths/blood/fighting in the movie. Not really suitable for kids, imo.

Saw it last night...it was okay. A decent enough movie but far from excellent. 

And there were a lot of deaths/blood/fighting in the movie. Not really suitable for kids, imo.
Is it really that much different than the other PG-13 Marvel moives?

Users who are viewing this thread