What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

$50 Superflex/PPR/IDP EPL-style League 64 Teams expanding to 80 Teams (1 Viewer)

ChicagoArch

Footballguy
This is easily my most fun league. My other leagues often suffer because I put my primary focus into this one. We started 3 years ago. In the first season, we had 48 teams all on the same level. The second year, those teams were split into 16 team tiers. At the end of every season, the top 4 teams from each tier get promoted to the tier above while the bottom 4 teams from each tier get relegated to the tier below. There's one copy of every player per 16 teams

The starting lineup is 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Superflex, 1 Flex, 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S and 1 DFlex. The scoring is PPR with TE premium and 0.25 points per carry. The defensive scoring is set up to try and give value to each position.

We'll have a few orphans to replace. We'll have a dispersal draft once we have enough owners to replace the orphans including players and 2018 rookie picks. There are orphans spread across multiple tiers. Last year, one or two of the orphaned teams actually earned promotion to the tier above. It's really easy to remake your team's roster when you've got 79 potential trade partners. We're also going to add another 16 team tier and expand from 64 to 80 teams. The new tier will have a new tier draft including vets and rookies starting the weekend after the NFL draft. To make it fair for the first four tiers, the new tier has to be on the bottom. So obviously team owners need to be in it for the long haul. If you're impatient, you can always win the FA Cup, which is a tournament held during the regular season between all the teams in the league. Winner earns automatic promotion to the Premier League at the end of the season, regardless of which tier they started in. If you don't earn promotion in the first season, you'll be guaranteed a top 4 draft pick (draft picks are determined by tier) and the four best teams in your tier will be replaced by the four worst teams in the league, making it that much easier to get promoted in Year 2.

This league has a very active Slack channel. There are a ton of trades. Considering the $50 LeagueSafe buy-in, the Premier League winner won over $1,000 last season. It's a lot of fun.

Check out the league here: http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/65916#0

Check out the remaining bylaws here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n2GkOE787LyjTlsrjgoh9pLGvfFY4urySv3YT7Jg0r8/edit?usp=sharing

We've got a quick question for all new members to try and weed out one-and-done owners. Email me at glaser.ben@gmail.com if you're interested or have any questions.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread