What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Pissed At My Wife Should I Be? (1 Viewer)

The Duff Man

Footballguy
Keeping it brief;

Been married for 17 years, together for 23. Marriage is great overall, sex life is better than ever. 

I am travelling for work and my wife messed up big time last night.  I am still away.  

Our friend has a young daughter who has cancer, and last night while I was away my wife let lose at this friend's house. In summary:

1.  Puked at her friends house (red wine)

2. Puked in the cab on the way home. 

3. Forgot her phone/credit card at friends house and couldn't pay cabbie for cleanup fee. Decided to go inside with other friend who was sharing the cab and just not answer the door as cabbie tried to collect. 

4. Cops were called and showed up at my house. Had to call friend #1 and get her to bring over credit card to pay cabbie. Cops departed. 

5. My 13 year old daughter was awoken by cops and saw the whole thing. 

6. Puked on brand new couch after everyone left....red win....unlikely to be cleaned. 

Should I be righteously pissed or see this as the ultimate get out of jail free card for my future F-ups?  Or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without reading any of the above, I can say with 100% certainty it is her fault and the only acceptable apology is a combination of blue & brown dots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big deal. She had someone with her, she took a cab home, the couch can be replaced. 

Sounds like she needed to let loose. If it happened every weekend, then it might be time to address it. Otherwise 23 years of marriage has bumps. 

It was a little tacky to do it at the friends house, but the friend can decide if she's mad on her own.

I would not say anything more than you already have. She knows she ####ed up. If this was an isolated incident it’s not even a big deal just very embarrassing and you are happy she wasn’t hurt or did anything horrific.

As you said you have the ultimate trump card now when you mess up, worth way more than saying anything now

I'm not sure what the cancer has to do with anything.  Unless your wife was being a great friend, and giving her friend something to think about other than her daughter's cancer.  Maybe she figured her friend could use a night of drinking, laughing, and talking about something else.  If that is case, and they drank too much, then cut her some slack about the puking.

However, the whole thing about hiding from the cabbie until the cops were called is pretty dumb, and at least deserves some stern looks and head shaking from you.

When in doubt, ask WWHD

HOMER: You know, Marge, for the first time in our marriage I can finally look down my nose at you. You have a gambling problem!

MARGE: That's true. Will you forgive me?

HOMER:Oh, sure! Remember when I got caught stealing all those watches from Sears? - [ Groans ] - Well, that's nothing, because you have a gambling problem! And remember when I let that escaped lunatic in the house 'cause he was dressed like Santa Claus? - [ Groans ] - Well, you have a gambling problem!

MARGE:Homer, when you forgive someone you can't throw it back at them like that.

HOMER: Aw, what a gyp. 

Keeping it brief;

Been married for 17 years, together for 23. Marriage is great overall, sex life is better than ever. 

I am travelling for work and my wife messed up big time last night.  I am still away.  

Our friend has a young daughter who has cancer, and last night while I was away my wife let lose at this friend's house. In summary:

3. Forgot her phone/credit card at friends house and couldn't pay cabbie for cleanup fee. Decided to go inside with other friend who was sharing the cab and just not answer the door as cabbie tried to collect. 

4. Cops were called and showed up at my house. Had to call friend #1 and get her to bring over credit card to pay cabbie. Cops departed. 

6. Puked on brand new couch after everyone left....red win....unlikely to be cleaned. 

Should I be righteously pissed or see this as the ultimate get out of jail free card for my future F-ups?  Or both?
If this is repeat behavior I'd say she has a problem. Otherwise see if she apologizes to everyone or not. If not then I'd bring it up.  

Keeping it brief;

Both.  But those who jerk off in glass houses and all of that....

Yes it was an Isolated incident. PTTC and red, red wine are definitely in play.  We are 43....yeah should be no puking at this point.  Especially not three times.  

Thx
Lighten up francis.

its not cool.  Nobody is going to say that.  If this is the worst she's done you in 20 years you were way overdue for a letdown.  

She pulls another stunt like this in the next 365 days it's a different story.

Plus you got off easy being out of town for this episode. If I had to clean up the puke or face the cabbie, I would be a little ticked. 

Isolated incident = give her a pass.  That being said, you should talk about what to say to your daughter since she witnessed some of this.

If it were my wife I wouldn't need to say a thing.  She would already be incredibly embarrassed.  Not to mention having to explain her behavior to a child.  

You have a pretty good get out of jail card, though.  Wasting it by criticizing her is bad on that front and worse it might hamper the good sex life.  There is nothing good out of it.

Sounds like your wife needs to learn how to party. Luckily for you, I am now offering online correspondence courses. For her, I'd recommend "Introduction to Binge Drinking"  (she can skip the additional lab credit for "The Freshman Fifteen : Friend AND Foe") as well as "Don't Be An A##hole-Face : A Comprehensive Guide to Party Fouls."  $699 a credit - these are friend prices. 

Sounds like your wife needs to learn how to party. Luckily for you, I am now offering online correspondence courses. For her, I'd recommend "Introduction to Binge Drinking"  (she can skip the additional lab credit for "The Freshman Fifteen : Friend AND Foe") as well as "Don't Be An A##hole-Face : A Comprehensive Guide to Party Fouls."  $699 a credit - these are friend prices. 
My friend is now swilling some $9.96 Caliber Vodka from Wal-Mart, drinking Natural Ice (25 oz!) and is wondering about your course, sir. What sort of course do you have for getting laid for five cents on PayPal?  

My friend is now swilling some $9.96 Caliber Vodka from Wal-Mart, drinking Natural Ice (25 oz!) and is wondering about your course, sir. What sort of course do you have for getting laid for five cents on PayPal?  
You could sign up for "Wayward Ditch Pigs : A Field Guide" but I don't personally teach that one anymore. I have a 400 pound TA named Wayne who wears overalls, puts an entire can of Copenhagen in his lip at once, makes his own pine cone rye, and roots for Arkansas. He's fantastic. 

Take it easy .. sounds like you've got a good wifey - and she just went out and forgot she's not a drinker.

Im not a female, but I can remember the last time I was puke drunk - and I'll tell you this, I didn't give a damn what was happening around me. Oh there's a cab driver knocking on my door? Kcuf it. Oh I forgot my wallet? Kcuf it.

if this is a very rare occurrence? Let it be ... give her a little grief in the form of a joke - but show her you are cool and move on.

who knows when some weird #### happens and you end up drinking too much - you'd be thankful to have a wife that didn't make you feel like a POS the next morning, and understoood you're just an older version of the guy she met.

good luck brizzle 

I'd be less ticked about this than I would be at whoever's wife it was that spent $36,000 on a Corrola

We just bought a 2018 Corolla about a month ago.  The top of the line model (XSE) went for 22,780.  Here is that model fully loaded at $26,212.  Are you sure she spent $10 grand more than this?

https://www.toyota.com/configurator/#!/build/step/summary/year/2018/series/corolla/model/1866/modal/7/exteriorcolor/01F7/interiorcolor/LA20/packages/option9/accessories/WL-BM-9G-R5-A6-D5-G0-7R-3Z-MF-3P-EF-S2-3F-37-DIO37-HR-U7

Users who are viewing this thread