What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (3 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Octopus said:
It's funny that the Jets ownership came down to either the Johnsons or Dolan after Hess passed. Both would have been equally horrific.
People talk about how brilliant Belichick is as a coach....but smelling out the Johnson turd and bolting for NE before they even made an ownership decision may have been his most impressive move of his career!  

People talk about how brilliant Belichick is as a coach....but smelling out the Johnson turd and bolting for NE before they even made an ownership decision may have been his most impressive move of his career!  
Think about how different our football fandom lives would be.

Think about how different our football fandom lives would be.
eh - thats like wondering how Peyton Manning would have been if he came out as a JR when Jets had the #1 pick....could have been a Peyton, Parcells, Belichick dynasty that rivaled the Pats.....never would have happened.....Jets find ways to be losers....this is example #1.

I'm finding it tough to care anymore....
seriously - jet fans are historically waiting for the bottom to drop.....but I used to get so upset at losses and moves....now it doesnt even bother me.....I used to never miss a second of a Jet game and now I find myself on Redzone instead of watching the Jet game.....I used to count down the days to the draft and opening day...now that I know Gase will be back I really am not as interested.....Johnsons have killed the passion and interest of this Jet fan.....didnt think it was possible....

seriously - jet fans are historically waiting for the bottom to drop.....but I used to get so upset at losses and moves....now it doesnt even bother me.....I used to never miss a second of a Jet game and now I find myself on Redzone instead of watching the Jet game.....I used to count down the days to the draft and opening day...now that I know Gase will be back I really am not as interested.....Johnsons have killed the passion and interest of this Jet fan.....didnt think it was possible....
100%

So is it normal for teams to post player fines issued by the team on tvs in the locker room? Because that seems extra hostile and messed up.

TLEF316 said:
If I still cared, I would say this franchise is an embarrassment.
It's an embarrassment either way. 

I'm not sympathetic towards Enunwa. After all, he gets paid $9m a game and you can't just take off without notifying your bosses. On the other hand, the Jets are a joke. First Gase let Avery Williamson get hurt in a pre-season game for no reason. They've had issues with Osemele, Faulk, and now Enunwa. Not to mention the issue with Adams, but that's partly because is a bit diva-ish.

The Gase regime is taking this team to levels that even we couldn't imagine. Yet Johnson basically endorsed him this past week. Cluesless Chris. Unreal. Such a tire fire.

It's an embarrassment either way. 

I'm not sympathetic towards Enunwa. After all, he gets paid $9m a game and you can't just take off without notifying your bosses. On the other hand, the Jets are a joke. First Gase let Avery Williamson get hurt in a pre-season game for no reason. They've had issues with Osemele, Faulk, and now Enunwa. Not to mention the issue with Adams, but that's partly because is a bit diva-ish.

The Gase regime is taking this team to levels that even we couldn't imagine. Yet Johnson basically endorsed him this past week. Cluesless Chris. Unreal. Such a tire fire.
How do they expect to attract free agents? I know most players just follow the money but Barr showed last offseason that’s not always the case and having to work with Gase is surely at best a “tie-breaker” we’re going to lose.

How can everyone in the world see it one way and the Johnson’s the other?

How do they expect to attract free agents? I know most players just follow the money but Barr showed last offseason that’s not always the case and having to work with Gase is surely at best a “tie-breaker” we’re going to lose.

The same way ambassadorships are procured. The ability to completely break from reality. That's why it's called #### you money. 

Myles "Flash" Garrett  ⚡️‏Verified account @MylesLGarrett

First of all, I want to wish @TrevorSiemian a speedy recovery. We put our bodies on the line every single snap, and I wouldn’t wish an injury on anyone. Other than that, great team win but we still have a lot of work to do. So much love to all the fans, onto next week

9:19 PM - 16 Sep 2019
This aged well.

When I 1st read the Enunwa tweet I was blaming the team....while I dont think it's a good idea to openly taunt players and post fines....who is he kidding complaining about what happened?  The guy was gifted a big contract and promptly got injured and may never play again.....his only job to collect millions of dollars is to show up to his treatment.....he skips it...doesnt call or explain until after missing 2 sessions then bashes his employer about getting fined?  Some of these guys are in fantasy land....99% of the population would have been fired for a no call/no show at work for 2 days.  Guy is delusional - no chance this scares off FAs...if the $ is right they will come......even to a train wreck.  

When I 1st read the Enunwa tweet I was blaming the team....while I dont think it's a good idea to openly taunt players and post fines....who is he kidding complaining about what happened?  The guy was gifted a big contract and promptly got injured and may never play again.....his only job to collect millions of dollars is to show up to his treatment.....he skips it...doesnt call or explain until after missing 2 sessions then bashes his employer about getting fined?  Some of these guys are in fantasy land....99% of the population would have been fired for a no call/no show at work for 2 days.  Guy is delusional - no chance this scares off FAs...if the $ is right they will come......even to a train wreck.  
But it was for a Veteran's Day lunch?

Yeah - Enunwa comes across bad as well for sure. I still think making it public is a bad look for the organization and Gase is just going to keep alienating players if he sticks around though.

But it was for a Veteran's Day lunch?

Yeah - Enunwa comes across bad as well for sure. I still think making it public is a bad look for the organization and Gase is just going to keep alienating players if he sticks around though.
I'll thank her for her service but you can't just skip out on your employer for days without a heads up in any way.....if he just reached out then I'll be they would have rescheduled it and even if not have a dinner instead....if it wasnt for the laundry list of other embarrassing things for the Jets this would be a non-factor.  

As for Anthony Barr - he did the Jets a favor - he was supposed to be the elite pass rusher they were missing and he has a whopping 1.5 sacks on the yr....probably saved from another bad contract.  

That being said - Gase has a history of alienating players so while I give him a pass on the above - Im expecting more incidents in the future.....Jet tradition is they lay an egg in Washington and lose to a lousy team and look terrible....we shall see if history repeats

I think everybody who thinks the Jets are going to lose to Washington is forgetting one thing: Haskins.

He looks as overmatched as Luke Falk did for the Jets.

Money. I remember when Bell said he wouldn't sign with the Jets for anything. Then later when he was a free agent, he said it would take $100m.  Then he ended up signing for half of that because it was the best offer.

I think Barr never wanted to leave the Vikings and used the Jets.

Yes, I believe playing for Gase is a factor decisions. How much who knows. I agree that he will continue to alienate some players like he did in Miami, but on the other hand, the golden boy QB loves him, so....

Joe Beningo said this morning that the Enunwa thing was a bad look for the team because it was the third recent instance of players having issues with how the team is handling injuries. He said Falk was another (I'm not familiar with that) and I didn't hear the third.

Joe Beningo said this morning that the Enunwa thing was a bad look for the team because it was the third recent instance of players having issues with how the team is handling injuries. He said Falk was another (I'm not familiar with that) and I didn't hear the third.
That would be the offensive lineman that was recommended surgery by the doctors but the Jets didn't want him to get it because it would be season-ending and he's a free agent.  

Nice win today.  It doesn't help our draft pick, but it helps Sam and team morale I guess.
Since we have our franchise QB (still theoretically I guess) I'm not overly concerned with draft position. The rest of the season is seeing Sam develop so we can go into next season with false hope again.

I realize the competition level has been low but I love that Sam seems to be back on track and if they can add a stud WR through free agency or the draft - while somehow getting the o-line in shape - this offense could be scary. Griffin has really stepped up and 2 TE sets with Herndon will be nice.

I'm only a fan of the tank strategy when the team needs a franchise QB....I've seen enough of Sam to believe that if he has proper coaching, OL and skill players that he can be a franchise QB....as such positive experience, play and winning games is more valuable than the draft slot....especially with the team in dire need of OL and this draft looking pretty deep at that position...I'd like to see Sam roll together some big games/wins and go into next season with full confidence and ready to go....I know we were all expecting that this yr but honestly the injuries, mono and Gase starting the season awfully made that a pipe dream....

There is some promise - Greg Williams has been as good as advertised as DC....completely injury depleted defense, huge need at pass rusher and corner -  along with trading arguably one of their top D players in Leo and the D has been very good.  The DL looks very good, some good linebackers....Adams has developed into an All Pro safety....and somehow he has cobbled together a decent CB set without the $15M bust....that late rd pick Austin from Rutgers looks really good...though with 2 ACL's the injury risk is always there....if he can nail down the one corner and they sign/draft another relatively early that defense will be in pretty good shape.  

If Adams continues to surge you can expect a big (well deserved) extension coming his way - he's a stud and a winner who a team feeds on....cant let him get away.  

Predicting around $90M in cap room next season after cutting Tru, Winters, Avery,  and Roberts....Adams has a $7M cap hit...so good timing to extend him - probably looking at $15M per yr so only $8M more off the books....thats $82M to spend....not sure who will be out there but praying Scheff and Thuney are available as guards....young interior lineman on the upside who unlike the LT crop may actually make it to FA........would probably costs $15M but grab 1 of them along with a mid tier RT and opposite guard ($8M each) - draft a LT stud with the 1st rd pick and a center in the 2d rd and the line is rebuilt in one yr.  Thats only $40M gone if Joe D plays his cards right - $50M left (prob $40M after rookie set aside) - probably not enough left for a stud pass rusher but doubt one hits the mkt anyway....that will have to wait one more yr and Ill trust GWill to scheme the pass rush espeecially with a healthy Mosely next yr

Big concern is Q Will - looking erily similar to Leo which gain shows why they should have taken Allen...Im sick of interior lineman that "do their job" but dont make impact plays.....maybe he's still injured but i havent seen anything from him yet....concerning fro a top blue chip pick

Oak at home is very winnable...they avoided the let down...big test

If Adams continues to surge you can expect a big (well deserved) extension coming his way - he's a stud and a winner who a team feeds on....cant let him get away.  
I know in this day and age strong safety isn't exactly an important position to fill but they just can't let this guy get away - he's the most dominant defensive players they've had since Revis and his enthusiasm is infectious. He's also somehow their best pass rusher. The fans will lose it if they get cheap with this guy and let him walk.

Yeah, at this point it looks like they just replaced one non impact Williams with another.

NFL olines are too good for 99 percent of big fat interior guys to be difference makers.  Unless you're Aaron Donald, you're replaceable.

Since we have our franchise QB (still theoretically I guess) I'm not overly concerned with draft position. The rest of the season is seeing Sam develop so we can go into next season with false hope again.

I realize the competition level has been low but I love that Sam seems to be back on track and if they can add a stud WR through free agency or the draft - while somehow getting the o-line in shape - this offense could be scary. Griffin has really stepped up and 2 TE sets with Herndon will be nice.
Been pretty impressed with Crowder since Darnold has been back. He seems to have a real knack for finding holes in zones, and being a step quicker than defenses think he is. He could be a solid #2 WR for the next several years.

I watch a ton of college football, and this might be the one of the best WR classes ever. Like, on par with the 2014 class that had Evans, Beckham, Adams, Cooks, Watkins, Landry, Robinson, and John Brown. There are 7 legit 1st round WR's, and maybe another 8-10 who could go on day 2. Really good year to need a WR. 

Yeah, at this point it looks like they just replaced one non impact Williams with another.

NFL olines are too good for 99 percent of big day interior guys to be difference makers.  Unless you're Aaron Donald, you're replaceable.
Loving that pick of Williams over Allen.  

Loving that pick of Williams over Allen.  
Mac just had no sense.....would not budge on his philosophy of interior DL value no matter how bad it played out with Leo and Wilkerson....ignored OL to a ridiculous fault....assumed the team could scheme pass rush and corners which just makes no sense.....

Looking fwd to a new GM philosophy

Kiddnets said:
Big concern is Q Will - looking erily similar to Leo which gain shows why they should have taken Allen...Im sick of interior lineman that "do their job" but dont make impact plays.....maybe he's still injured but i havent seen anything from him yet....concerning fro a top blue chip pick
I agree with about 90% of your post, but I would disagree here. Josh Allen hasn't shown anything more than Williams this season. He's been a part time player, despite Calais Campbell moving full time to the interior. Allen has had a lot of trouble being pushed around by bigger OL. 

In Quinnen's defense he was hurt for a decent stretch and injuries seem to derail rookies more than anyone else. Maybe it makes it harder to adjust to the NFL's speed, if you are in and out of the lineup, and aren't kind of used to it. He was thought of by many scouts as a guy with 90% of Aaron Donald's upside, and it seems early to write him off as just a do your job guy.

I'd defend that particular pick, at least over Allen. Personally, I was a big Jonah Williams fan, and that would have filled a huge need, but alas, he was doomed the second the Bengals took him.

I agree with about 90% of your post, but I would disagree here. Josh Allen hasn't shown anything more than Williams this season. He's been a part time player, despite Calais Campbell moving full time to the interior. Allen has had a lot of trouble being pushed around by bigger OL. 

In Quinnen's defense he was hurt for a decent stretch and injuries seem to derail rookies more than anyone else. Maybe it makes it harder to adjust to the NFL's speed, if you are in and out of the lineup, and aren't kind of used to it. He was thought of by many scouts as a guy with 90% of Aaron Donald's upside, and it seems early to write him off as just a do your job guy.

I'd defend that particular pick, at least over Allen. Personally, I was a big Jonah Williams fan, and that would have filled a huge need, but alas, he was doomed the second the Bengals took him.
I don't think Allen was ever going to be a big tackle guy, but he does have 8 sacks playing 67% of the snaps. He's going to probably end up with a dozen sacks. I'd say that's pretty good especially for a rookie.

I'm not hating on Q, but I always wanted Allen as it seemed like a way bigger positional need and Allen's draft grade wasn't significantly lower (slightly perhaps)Perhaps a better comparison for Q is Ed Oliver who has 2 sacks and 23-34 tackles without missing any time. Those aren't exactly mind-boggling stats either, but I haven't watched him play much either, so hard to assess his impact.

I don't think Allen was ever going to be a big tackle guy, but he does have 8 sacks playing 67% of the snaps. He's going to probably end up with a dozen sacks. I'd say that's pretty good especially for a rookie.

I'm not hating on Q, but I always wanted Allen as it seemed like a way bigger positional need and Allen's draft grade wasn't significantly lower (slightly perhaps)Perhaps a better comparison for Q is Ed Oliver who has 2 sacks and 23-34 tackles without missing any time. Those aren't exactly mind-boggling stats either, but I haven't watched him play much either, so hard to assess his impact.
I never like looking as sacks as an individual stat when comparing players. Allen shares a line with:

Calais Campbell(the best interior lineman in the NFL after Donald) Yannick Ngakoe(a borderline pro bowler) and for much of the season Marcell Dareus(a solid starter) Teams play him 1-on-1 every time he's on the field. Put him on the Jets, and he's the focus of the opposing offensive line protections, and probably only has 2-3 sacks, despite not playing any worse. 

I'd view Williams and Oliver as having equal rookie seasons, but again, Oliver is on a better overall defense. I'd rather have Quinnen. 

I never like looking as sacks as an individual stat when comparing players. Allen shares a line with:

Calais Campbell(the best interior lineman in the NFL after Donald) Yannick Ngakoe(a borderline pro bowler) and for much of the season Marcell Dareus(a solid starter) Teams play him 1-on-1 every time he's on the field. Put him on the Jets, and he's the focus of the opposing offensive line protections, and probably only has 2-3 sacks, despite not playing any worse. 

I'd view Williams and Oliver as having equal rookie seasons, but again, Oliver is on a better overall defense. I'd rather have Quinnen. 
Im sure that the stank of Leo is affecting me in overreacting a bit on Q.....I just havent seen anything yet to justify all those glowing reports and high pick status....maybe he is still hurt a bit but its been weeks and guys signed off the street are outplaying him badly, let alone J Allen.....agreed that he deserves more time but he needs to show at least a few glimpses before the end of the year.  

Sam has turned me back around into a total believer. He can potentially be the Jets best QB ever - which of course is a low bar.

Its fun to watch him develop and once they line gets shorn up and at least one true playmaker at receiver is added the sky is the limit.
That one play where he escaped a sack and threw a great pass was simply amazing. He has this innate ability to escape pressure that you can't teach.

Friggen Jets with the annihilation of Chuckie and the Raiders today. Man oh man, if the Jets aren't careful they might end up making me proud afterall....lol

Seriously, very impressive performance today in all aspects...offense, defense and Special Teams. Sam looks like he's on one of those rolls he got on late last season during the month of December when he was the highest rated QB in all of football.

I dunno fellas...the O-line is in shambles yet Sam is not getting sacked too much which is a tribute to his quick feet and innate ability to avoid the rush. With the schedule coming up, I guess it's not crazy to think 7 wins is a possibility which after that Dolphin loss last month that looked like a total pipe dream to get that many wins.

Tho it sucks for our draft pick for next year ....**** it...I like winning so keep it up.

As the hoodie so famously said...."We are on to to Cincinnati". But what about Sam? " We are on to Cincinnati"....lol

Users who are viewing this thread