What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (14 Viewers)

Well my Jet brothers at least we now know the real reason Polite was cut and not given a chance to even break camp with the team. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is Joe Douglass and don't **** with him or else....lol. 

In all seriousness, now that we know that Polite was screwing up off the field as well as on the field to the tune of over $100 large, tho it's tempting on one hand to give the guy a little bit more time to get his **** together, on the other, I like the message that this cutting of Polite sends and that is everyone is accountable and if they **** around and don't do their jobs, they are gone. 

For way too long, it's been a circus inside the Jet locker room. Well finally we got a regime that is changing the culture and it's for the good and it will eventually help the win loss record once we plug some of the holes we have in secondary and at linebacker in particularly.

Gotta be honest fellas, I got a man crush on this new sheriff of ours...:)
All the red flags were there during the Combine and interviews.  Sadly we were desperate for a pass rusher because we didn't land one in FA. There were tons available, but we wasted time with Barr and didn't have a back-up plan in place. Maccagnan was just an awful GM. Too slow and too many un-wise decisions.  Moving on to JD.

Oh, a drive-by by the Aint's?

It's Vedvik. They released Bertolet.

Why you lookin' for the Jets kicker?
In my league's settings, Myers was 4th in points last year.  The offense should be better and more efficient in the red zone, so maybe that goes down. Or not. On the other hand, Vedvik may not last until even week 2. Let's see if our great ST coach can straighten this guy out because he is pretty talented.

And even half the “yes” guys have made no impact at all. Trenton Cannon is an awful RB but maybe he makes a ST impact this year.

He has three guys fall into his lap when he had top 6 picks and that’s his track record in the draft. You just can’t survive throwing away draft picks like that. So sad.
Awful? I don't know. He did not get much of a chance. He did make some nice catches. He is good on special teams. Cannon and Josh Bellamy should make some nice plays in kick coverage this year.

So where y'all at as we are on the cusp of the '19 season? For me when I look at the Jets prospects for this year, right this very moment IMO, the offense is significantly ahead of the defense and if we are going to win games, it's very likely going to be high scoring affairs. We are talking 31-28....28-24 type of games and so long as we are all prepared for our defense to get torched by good QB's seeing our back end is so vulnerable, we should not be dissapointed in the season that we are likely to have and we should actually be exciting to watch...imagine that...a Jet team that is exciting to watch....lol

I'm thinking we should be able to go 8-8 at minimum and if we can somehow someway get thru the first 7 games of our schedule which is absolutely brutal in the 3-4 vicinity, we just might be able to get to 9-7 and maybe if everything broke right 10-6 and flirt with a WC spot seeing the 2nd half of our schedule is very manageable.

To be honest tho and being realistic this year for me is gravy as I truly believe that next year after Douglass has had the time to address in particularly the secondary and any other possible weaknesses that he sees, that is when we can make a long playoff run. In  the meantime, I'm very amped for the year to begin and tho I hate to say there a must games on the schedule the very first week of the year, this upcoming Bills game is a "must game". We have to win it no two ways about it. I don't even want to think about the alternative considering we'd have the Browns, Patriots, Philly, Dallas, the Patriots again and at Jax coming up. That my friends is nasty.

We have to win the Bills game otherwise the season can go sideways quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful? I don't know. He did not get much of a chance. He did make some nice catches. He is good on special teams. Cannon and Josh Bellamy should make some nice plays in kick coverage this year.
He has no instincts at all as a RB and he dropped many balls also. 

Came into the pre-season with similar hopes/expectations. I thought that 8-8 was the floor barring a total disaster (injury to Sam/Bell or a bunch on defense) with 9-7 being the most likely. 10-6 if everything breaks right.

I'm still sort of in that boat, but I I think there are more paths to a 7-9 type of season now. The loss of Williamson makes a dominating run defense (which I thought the Jets would have) less likely and the bad corners/bad pass rushers combo really is a VERY bad one to have. I still think the offense will be at least middle of the pack although the O-line is still a big concern. There isn't a single guy in that unit that we KNOW is going to be good.  I guess Winters is the closest.  Osemele probably bounces back but I can't say that's a guarantee. The fact that Kalil never even took a snap in pre-season concerns me.

My official prediction:  3-3 in the division 8-8 overall. Obviously not in the playoffs at that number. The  schedule the first half of the season is just brutal and I dont see them surviving it to the point where the playoffs are a realistic possibility. they'll play "meaningful games" in late November/early December.. but that will really just be on paper.

A wild card would be great (its been a LONG time) but I really just want to see Sam take the next step (i'd like to see a Goff-like 2nd year)  and some other guys (the Williams boys, Maye, Herndon) establish themselves as core pieces so that our now hopefully decent GM can just fill a few holes next spring/summer

I'll agree with the sentiment that this is still a rebuilding year but it's time to see progress. I don't think the defense is good enough to be a strong contender for the playoffs but it will be fun to see if the offense can carry the team.

Its 100% about Sam this season. If he lives up to the offseason hype, I'll be happy.

I'll go with a 9-7 prediction built off the really soft middle part of the schedule. Week 1 is never a "must win" but this year feels like it is. If they lose at home to Buffalo, the Jets could be looking at an 0-4 hole to climb out of.  

I'm honestly looking at 7-9, hoping to see much improvement from the QB and running game, not so much defensively. The other GM flat out didn't leave the Jets with much, so there's little to build with, honestly. But it should be a better year than years past barring anything unforeseen health-wise. One caveat: I wouldn't panic if they lose to Buffalo -- Buffalo was rated 2nd by the end of the year in DVOA by Football Outsiders. They're tough. It may be a rough offensive start for the Jets. 

That's about it.

8-8, but maybe 9-7. It's up to the cruel mistress named Injuries. We have no depth. Thanks Mac.

Like Doc Oct says, if the offense looks good and Darnold is impressive, than like Borat says, "success"!

As far the o-line goes, if you think the o-line is worrisome now, what was it a few weeks ago? I think it looked pretty good this summer even with the injuries.  Kalil is a major upgrade even if he were to wake up from a coma Sunday morning. Osemele looks like he's ready to beast again. We even have a little bit of depth for a change.  Obviously it needs help for the long run, but Edoga showed some promise this summer, too.

I could be wrong as this is the Jets we are talking about. But this really might be the first time since maybe the mid-80's when Jets had guys like Ken O'Brien, Wesley Walker, Freeman Mcneil, Al Toon, Mikey Shuler and a solid O-line, that this Jet team and it's success is going to be driven by the offense NOT the defense.

This is first time Jets have had an offensive minded coach since and pardon me while I grab a barf bag for even mentioning his name but since Rich Kotite back in the mid-90's. Every single Jet coach since than has been a defensive minded guy beginning with Parcells, Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Rex and finally Bowles.

With Gase, this team is going to move the ball and will score points. The talent upgrade on the offensive end is significantly more apparent than on the defensive side of the ball.

Our DC Williams is going to need to come up with some schemes that no one has ever seen in order to stop teams. I mean, we do have a solid D-line and we have a couple of nice linebackers especially Mosely and in the back end, we have Adams and Mayes if he can stay on the field.. but that's pretty much it.

We are pretty baron on the defensive side and tho we are likely going to give up 24 or more points most games vs any decent QB we see, seeing as I've said a ton, our secondary is going to get absolutely torched, I'm prepared for that and I will embrace the suck-age on defense...lol. And that's because for first time in what seems like forever the Jet offense is going to one nasty group to have to deal with and I will not be suprised whatsoever if this Jet offense scores over 30 points on numerous occasions. Problem is there are going to be plenty of 30+ games against us....hah

So long as we are prepared for lots of 31-27 type games which can go either way, we will all have alot of fun this year here in Jetland. Next year after Douglass fixes the defense and improves the O-line some more, than we will really be a force to be reckoned with.

But for this this year at this time,, this is all about Sam, Le'Veon, mix in a little Quinnen having some fun and scoring alot of points. Don't know about y'all but that works for me...lol

Damn...I always knew Greg Williams was one of the top defensive minds in the game. But listening to him today at his presser with reporters, ####, I'd run thru a wall for this guy as he really is impressive on the podium.

Finally for the first time in maybe my 45 years living and dying with this team, with Douglass running the front office, Gase handling the offense and Williams leading the defense and what looks very much like a franchise QB in Darnold, the future here in Jetland is as bright as I can ever recall.

It starts Sunday in a MUST win vs Buffalo. I know it won't be easy but just win baby to borrow from Mr. Davis...Go Jets!

I don't know exactly how I feel about this but I have a feeling the Jets are one of the first teams Drew Rosenhaus is contacting with regards to finding a new home for AB.

I say I'm a bit torn about the thought of AB joining the Jets because I really like the culture and chemistry of the team under the leadership of Douglass, Gase and Williams. Bringing in AB would once again put us under the spotlight as the circus once again has come to town...ie Farve, Tebow, all the Rex shenanigans, Geno getting punched out...yada yada yada. I kind of like how their is no drama at all and the entire focus is all about winning football games which has not been often the case with this god forsaken cursed franchise. 

On the other hand AB's a top 5 talent at WR and he'd give Sam another weapon which would likely make the Jets offense one of the more lethal ones in all of football. He'd likely help the team make the playoffs if he kept his nose clean the rest of the year.  Could Sam deal with AB? Yeah I think he could as Sam is alot more mature than his 22 years shows.  Could the Jet locker room handle AB? I think they could seeing there is enough veteran leadership in there to keep AB in check.

The only reason I'd even consider this would be because we have Douglass as GM and I have complete confidence AB wouldn't try any of his BS with JD. Gase as much of sour #### he can be at times in pressers, doesn't seem like a guy who would stand for any AB antics as well. And Williams? He might take a punch at AB if he tried to pull ####.

A contract would obviously have to be full of contingencies but if AB adhered to them, he'd get his money.and Jets can certainly afford it. I dunno I think I'm talking myself into giving AB a shot here and that he wouldn't want to #### up his last chance in the NFL and that the Jets have the type of leadership in place to where this could work.

The Jets immediately came to my mind as well as another weapon to help Sam develop. Not sure how he and Bell got along, but if favorably, perhaps Le'veon does some politicking to team brass.

All that said, Douglas clearly seems to be a no nonsense guy, as evidenced by the Polite release, so I'm not sure he wants that headache as he restructures the team culture.

Well #### me. Of all teams to go to AB just has to go to the ####### Patriots. This is going to be Brady to Moss Part Deux.

You just know or at least I do that when we play the Patriots,  now that  AB is in the fold to go along with Edleman, Gordon, White, Michel that Brady is going to absolutaly torch our defense. Heck  it wouldn't suprise me if by Week 10 Gronk has the itch to get in on the fun and joins the upcoming SB party for that damn team.

I dunno man, this #### pisses me off bigtime. ####### rich get richer and even in a year where the Patriots seemed just a bit vulnerable, lady luck comes to their rescue again and gifts them Antonio ####### Brown. And you just know AB is going to be on his best behavior seeing he wants to get paid. And now he has a real good chance at winning a SB.

Season hasn't even started and yet it's already pretty much etched  in stone that the Pats will be hosting the AFC championship game and it's just a question of who they get to play.

And in the NFC, it's the same deal as it's really all about who gets to the SB to get's to play and likely get beat by the Pats.

Rinse, Repeat and Rinse again. I've seen this movie with them for years...sick of it......arggggggg. 

I’m not worried because I wasn’t expecting the Jets to win the division and there was a decent chance the Pats were going to sweep them either way. It doesn’t change much in my mind, Sam needs to keep us in contention for the wild card. Pats will slaughter the whole AFC not just the Jets. I’ve become numb to them at this point. 

Until Brady and belichek are gone, the jets are no threat to them. It doesn't matter who else is in the equation on either side.

As long as the jets keep making strides, I'm fine. No point getting angry about it. It's a hopeless situation

I've never been too concerned about "the other guy".  I just kind of worry about myself. The Jets just need to get good.  Until we get to that point, it's kind of a moot point what the Pats or any other team does. Maybe that's short-sighted,  but it's how I generally feel about life. 

I've never been too concerned about "the other guy".  I just kind of worry about myself. The Jets just need to get good.  Until we get to that point, it's kind of a moot point what the Pats or any other team does. Maybe that's short-sighted,  but it's how I generally feel about life. 

Pretty much. I used to get really upset about the Patriots. My reaction when they signed Revis (I really do hate that he won a title with them, especially since it was such a gift) was exceptionally immature and was kinda the turning point for me. It made me realize a few things

1) Its just a game, and its a game my team has NEVER won in my lifetime

2) We're just in the perfect storm of the GOAT Coach paired with the GOAT quarterback (who also happens to have a wife that makes more than him, allowing him to take less and have a superior team around him) and a whole heap of luck/preferential treatment ("Touching the Brady.....15 yard penalty....automatic first down"). Until this is over, I'm pretty much emotionally resigned to the fact that all the 20-something Barstool Sports followers will just get to keep celebrating titles.

Once Brady is gone, maybe I'll get emotionally invested again.

Same old, same old.

Needed this one, as looking at the next 5 opponents, they could very well start off 0-6.

Some thoughts about today's very dissapointing loss to the stinken Bills:

I said a few weeks ago in here that it was must game vs Bills or else the season was pretty much toast as far as any shot at being in playoff mix considering the brutal schedule coming up. home vs Browns, @ Patsies, BYE, @ Eagles, @ Philly, home vs Cowboys, home vs Patsies and @ Jaguars. We can put any possible thoughts of a WC out your minds now it aint happening.

Question had  Sam driven the team down the field into the field goal range...what were we to do than? Did anyone have any confidence this kicker we brought in last week would make a game winning FG after what we saw of his misses earlier in the game? Yeah me neither. We likely would have had to score a TD.  This kicker issue is getting out of hand as well...it's ####### ridiculous that we can't find a decent  competent kicker who can get us an extra point or two from the  thousands that are out there

I will give Douglass a bit of a pass on this seeing that by the time he got hired, most of the good or even decent kickers available had  been signed by other teams and so we have been left with scraps. I have no doubt in my mind had Douglass been here sooner, we wouldn't have signed Catazano and we wouldn't be in the deep #### at kicker as we are currently. 

I'm at the point that we should bring Carlie Lloyd in and be done with it....seriously. Get it done Joe!!

So yes, the Jets blew a very winnable game,  it's quite conceivable that by the time the "easy" part of the schedule starts when Jets go to Miami in week 8, the Jets very easily could be 2-5 if not 1-6 . In fact Vegas is likely going to have us as dogs in every one of these next 7 games. 

It sucks but these type of "same ole Jets" type losses are going to continue to happen until Douglass can fix the OLine and the secondary both units which are just abysmal. Hopefully Darnold doesn't get killed in the meantime and maybe we can pull out a few high scoring upsets down the line and finish the year around the .500 mark which is what my expectation was before today. 

Unfortunately these are the cards that have been dealt most of them by the previous regime and so I've accepted it and I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it as much as I would have if Mike Mac and Bowles and Jeremy Bates was were still in charge.

Next year is a completely different story. Next year is when I'll be expecting and anticipating playoffs. Meantime, lets keep Darnold healthy and taking the next step and play some exciting football and we'll see where the chips fall.

I was there and felt like I was watching the same horror movie I've seen so many times before....especially with the Bills....even up 16-0 I didnt feel good. It was a same ol JEts performance - brutal loss...at home....to start the season.  Awful....They blew out Det in home opener last yr and stunk so I'm not going to over react but they way the schedule is they need to right the ship and fast!  Some observations:  

QB: Not a good game out of Sam at all....he made some plays and is clearly at his best while on the move....never seemed comfortable in the pocket - mostly because the OL stunk and he was under pressure all day.  Buffalo has a pretty good defense so hopefully Sam imprives...

OL - awful - this is where MAc dropped the ball....he had a ton of cash and invested it on luxury positions instead of the trenches which is so needed for a young QB....it was the 1st time they all played together so crossing fingers it gets better but ugh

RB - Bell was all advertised and more....very upset that Montgomery had no role....he should have been mixed in more

TE - besides the TD catch didnt see much - Herndon needs to return

WR - Crowder and.....nothing....Crowder was a beast and is clearly the #1.....Anderson was open deep a few times and Sam missed him....Enunwa looked awful and not deserving of that contract.  this group needs to improve

DL - very disappointing - I know Q caused a fumble and got hurt late but didnt see any real disruption from his or Leo....with no outside pass rush they need to go better....Anderson's bonehead penalty was crushing

LB - looked solid - especially Mosely - once he was out the bottom feel off...he's a beast and needs to be healthy

DB - awful - Tru os a complete bust and they are stuck with him for at least another season...Roberts is not a #2....it was nice to see Maye and Adams together again and looked good

ST - punting was good....kicking was atrocious as predicted.  

Coaching - not a good debut - Gase looked like every JEt coach before him.....not aggressive....throwing 5 yrs on 3rd and 10....no answers to hold the lead....showed a lot of the warts that got him fired in Miami

overall - this could go south quick and shame on the Jets....I know this isnt Douglas' fault but this is why everyone was calling for MAc to be fired with Bowles and not handle FA and the draft.....to have that much $ and those picks how can this team have such massive holes and at such key positions.......OL, pass rush and CB is going to be a week to week disaster and it is insane that every fan can identify it and nothing was done......Jets are currently $8M under the cap...I bet they wouldnt mind being $6.5 under and having Myers still on the team...shouldnt have went cheap on him with all that $......I am losing my optimism quickly.....

I haven't read the longer posts -- sorry guys -- but the Jets offense looked exactly like we thought it would yesterday, with everything underneath and running through Crowder. If Anderson ever fights for and wins a deep ball, I'll be impressed. He's not a number one. Bell looked better than I thought he would against a really stout defense. The question is when does Le'Veon get sick of the Jets. At least Pittsburgh would have only lost by twenty with him on their team. Speaking of...

Ugh. Wait until we play New England.

Oh, and kickers....

Next one up, please. That was just terrible.  We made up for the missed XPAT by going for two, but the missed field goal was missed right off of the foot. He shanked it. 

Oh, and kickers....

Next one up, please. That was just terrible.  We made up for the missed XPAT by going for two, but the missed field goal was missed right off of the foot. He shanked it. 
To be fair, on Vedvik’s missed FG, Christie bobbled the snap a bit and probably threw Vedvik off a bit. But still, he needs to make that -  we need a more trustworthy option.

To be fair, on Vedvik’s missed FG, Christie bobbled the snap a bit and probably threw Vedvik off a bit. But still, he needs to make that -  we need a more trustworthy option.
You know, that may be right. Something looked off from the jump. You can't throw off timing, even by a stutter step, and have it look right. I was watching GameMix on DirecTV so I probably didn't get the right look at it to judge too harshly. 

I’m not worried because I wasn’t expecting the Jets to win the division and there was a decent chance the Pats were going to sweep them either way. It doesn’t change much in my mind, Sam needs to keep us in contention for the wild card. Pats will slaughter the whole AFC not just the Jets. I’ve become numb to them at this point. 
Nice swoop on Crowder over in Summerpalooza. I don't know why I didn't hold him. 

You know, that may be right. Something looked off from the jump. You can't throw off timing, even by a stutter step, and have it look right. I was watching GameMix on DirecTV so I probably didn't get the right look at it to judge too harshly. 
They showed it a few times on CBS. Christie definitely didn’t catch it right and had to swivel it to get the laces from out in front. If he didn’t miss that XP first, I’d chalk it up to a bad exchange, but it’s hard to trust him and I’m sure Gase is thinking the same.

They showed it a few times on CBS. Christie definitely didn’t catch it right and had to swivel it to get the laces from out in front. If he didn’t miss that XP first, I’d chalk it up to a bad exchange, but it’s hard to trust him and I’m sure Gase is thinking the same.
Yeah, I saw the original kick, but didn't check the replay as there were other games on to watch. I really don't have too much to say about the game other than watching it with a bunch of other games is akin to catching it out of the corner of one's eye. 

I hate being that guy, but as I said when we first let Myers go
Everybody hates being that guy. Everybody also hates it when they have a passion, see how the team they root for could have been preemptively better, noted it, and had it come true. Fire away. 

Zamboni is correct, the hold was very shaky and it definitely threw off Vedvik and ruined the timing...not his fault.That said, I've seen enough of him to know he isn't the answer.

Carlie Lloyd please...bring her in...why the F not? Heck  it would be fun too to have the first woman player in the NFL.

I'm serious...let's do this.

So is everyone having a fun and productive "over reaction Monday"?  😎

I've already read on a few reputable sites today  comments like:

Sam will be a bust...we should have drafted Josh Adams(QB)...luv this one

Fire Gase now and let Williams take over...pretty funny

Jets will finish 3-13....pretty funny one as well

There is nothing and do mean nothing more enjoyable and fun to read than these over reaction Monday comments. I always look forward to them year after year and so far this year's comments haven't dissapointed.

Zamboni is correct, the hold was very shaky and it definitely threw off Vedvik and ruined the timing...not his fault.That said, I've seen enough of him to know he isn't the answer.

Carlie Lloyd please...bring her in...why the F not? Heck  it would be fun too to have the first woman player in the NFL.

I'm serious...let's do this.
Maximus, I love you, but you want to sign a kicker that has never kicked before in a game? It's one thing to do it taking your time, but can you imagine facing a rush? Have you seen her footwork? All those steps. She'll get it blocked. Sure, if she gets it done in camp and in pre-season games, sure, but now? 

A friend called me last night and asked, "how long were you mad? Did you break anything"?  I wasn't even mad at all. I won't let these losers impact me. I remember when I was younger how I would be mad all week long. Now I just turn the page and focus on fantasy football.

That said,  Gase was very disappointing. It's like everything in the pre-season went out the window and we became the old Jets offense again. That was pathetic play-calling. Just awful.

Speaking of awful, the Jets o-line got manhandled. So much penetration. I thought they should of had Sam on the move more often (well intentionally anyway).

I thought Bell looked great. The WRs had no separation other than Crowder who was great.

The defense played well until CJ got hurt.

I can't even talk about the kicking game.

Maximus, I love you, but you want to sign a kicker that has never kicked before in a game? It's one thing to do it taking your time, but can you imagine facing a rush? Have you seen her footwork? All those steps. She'll get it blocked. Sure, if she gets it done in camp and in pre-season games, sure, but now? 
Dammit...you got me there. Wasn't thinking about all that other ####. I'm just so desperate for a solution.

All I was thinking was I bet she could kick the ball better than anyone else out there and it would be fun to have her and all the good publicity we'd get.

Ok F it if no Carli...let's bring in Pat Leahy than....he's still verticle...yes? If so, he'll do.  I never recall ever having agida when  Leahy was called upon no matter the situation. Make the call Joe!...😋

A friend called me last night and asked, "how long were you mad? Did you break anything"?  I wasn't even mad at all. I won't let these losers impact me. I remember when I was younger how I would be mad all week long. Now I just turn the page and focus on fantasy football.

That said,  Gase was very disappointing. It's like everything in the pre-season went out the window and we became the old Jets offense again. That was pathetic play-calling. Just awful.

Speaking of awful, the Jets o-line got manhandled. So much penetration. I thought they should of had Sam on the move more often (well intentionally anyway).

I thought Bell looked great. The WRs had no separation other than Crowder who was great.

The defense played well until CJ got hurt.

I can't even talk about the kicking game.
You make some good salient points Rage and tho I hate to say it but as poor as Sam was, the O-line was 10x worse and it just might be worse than anyone of us anticipated. Yes Douglass brought in Kalil back from retirement as an attempt to fix the hole at center but he doesn't look ready yet. He was getting run over all day long. Winters and Shell were abominable. The only guy on the line who was halfway decent was Osemele and even he got beat a time or two.

Listen I know it's not sexy to talk O-Lines but guess what..it's the most important group on the team as it's the teams foundation. And right now the Jets have a ****ty one and it's going to be make Darnold's development a heck of alot harder than it could be.

On 80% of his dropbacks yesterday from recollection, Darnold had a body or hand in his face. Yes you have to give the Bills defense alot of credit but the line just wasn't up to the task. And on the occasions the line did give Sam time, he missed some key throws and some open receivers. It just wasn't a good day and that **** is going to happen when you have a 22 year old 2nd year QB playing in his 14th game of his professional life playing behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL.

I'm not making excuses...this is the reality of the situation. And this O-line situation which was caused by ****ing Mccagnon ignoring the damn position for the past 5 drafts or in UFA will not be fixed this year. Douglass is going to need a draft and some UFA signings or two to fix it. But fix it he will and once that is done, Sam can truly get to the next level. 

Dammit...you got me there. Wasn't thinking about all that other ####. I'm just so desperate for a solution.

All I was thinking was I bet she could kick the ball better than anyone else out there and it would be fun to have her and all the good publicity we'd get.

Ok F it if no Carli...let's bring in Pat Leahy than....he's still verticle...yes? If so, he'll do.  I never recall ever having agida when  Leahy was called upon no matter the situation. Make the call Joe!...😋
I would not sweat it if Leahy was our extra points kicker. I'd trust him more than any of these other jabronies.

It's too bad Talvechio had a poor summer. He looked good last year for Atlanta.  I don't think Parkey wowed them. Maybe Cairo Santos.

You know, maybe they should let our kicker try a kick in the Meadowlands. Unreal that Vedvik didn't get to try any kicks there until warmups.  He got bumped by a soccer game earlier this week. He was pulling his kicks to the left in warmups. Aim right fool. Make some adjustments. sigh.

They spent a 3rd rounder on a tackle this year......and he was a healthy scratch.

#### McCagnan in the ear.

2nd-4th rounders are the backbone of your team. You simply can't miss on as many as the Jets have an expect to have a good, cohesive roster. You can patch together a 9-7 type year (or maybe 10-6 if you catch lightening in a bottle) with free agents, but you'll never be a true contender.

The Jets have 60 guys on the active roster. You know how many of them were selected by the team in the 2nd-4th rounds? 7 of them.  And only 4 were active yesterday

Wesco, Winters,  Jenkins, Maye (Powell, Shephard, Edoga inactive)

By comparison,  New England has 16.

You know and it almost makes me want  to puke to say what I'm about to say but I just so happened to be looking the Pats schedule because i have Josh Gordon on my big $$ fantasy team and considering the Pats only have 5 "tough" games this year IMO...@ Ravens, @ Philly, @ Texans and home vs KC and Dallas. it is not out of the realm of possibility that this ### #### team which I hate so much with a passion could go undefeated.

Now it would be difficult for them to not even have one hiccup along the way but if this team is going to be as good as last night withought AB. it's not very hard to imagine how good they'll be once he gets up to speed and truly learns the offense.

To make things worse, the Patriots might have their best defense in the past decade....we and the rest of the NFL are screwed.

Uggggggg....I'm starting to get that puking feeling again thinking about this...cya later....😟

Users who are viewing this thread