What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (6 Viewers)

Its just a rough situation.  You dont want to take away Sam's remaining weapons, but the reality is that this a full rebuild (possibly including Sam if he doesn't stop throwing HORRIBLE picks. Cant blame Gase for all of them) and Bell is a valuable commodity.

If the Chiefs or Texans came offering their first rounder plus another mid-round pick, I'd listen.

I can't see anyone taking on that contract.
I believe it's the rest of this year's salary + next year's salary ($13.5M).  The rest is non-guaranteed, and the Jets would have to eat the signing bonus as dead cap if they traded him.  $13.5M is a lot for a RB, but if a SB contender has the cap room in 2020 & the need for a RB this year, it wouldn't be an unthinkable trade.

Its just a rough situation.  You dont want to take away Sam's remaining weapons, but the reality is that this a full rebuild (possibly including Sam if he doesn't stop throwing HORRIBLE picks. Cant blame Gase for all of them) and Bell is a valuable commodity.

If the Chiefs or Texans came offering their first rounder plus another mid-round pick, I'd listen.
Texans don’t have firsts the next two years. (Laremy Tunsil deal)

i think Detroit would be perfect landing spot.

Rich Cimini‏Verified account @RichCimini 1m1 minute ago

The hot name right now is Jamal Adams. It wouldn’t shock me if he gets dealt. #Jets
Now this would piss me off - barring a Godfather type deal.

i think this is NY media overhype - just cant see any of these guys goin in the next 2 hrs......betting that they stand pat and its just a media wild goose click chase.....if not its going to be an absolute mutiny.  

Manish Mehta‏Verified account @MMehtaNYDN 43s43 seconds ago

Source: Jets have indeed engaged in trade conversations with the Cowboys involving a Jamal Adams, as @Rapsheet said. My understanding is that Adams want welcome the change of scenery back to his hometown.

i think this is NY media overhype - just cant see any of these guys goin in the next 2 hrs......betting that they stand pat and its just a media wild goose click chase.....if not its going to be an absolute mutiny.  
I'm sure there's truth to this. They can say any trade is being discussed and who would know?

Because there's a likelihood that they could draft someone better than Jamal Adams?
Relative to the guys at his position? Probably not.

But how valuable are safeties today? You can't blow up guys over the middle and it's getting harder and harder for guys that arent pure cover guys (which Adams isn't) to make a true game breaking impact. He's a blitzing safety. And while he's a very good one, he still whiffs on free runs at the QB and takes bad penalties. And they're still losing.

I was furious when the jets picked Adams over deshaun Watson.  Even if Adams was the best safety in the league for 8 years, all Watson would need to be is league average to make a bigger impact. 

He's gonna leave in free agency anyway and the team is unwatchable regardless. Whatever. Get some picks so at least we can have 1 day of fun this spring :shrug:

But how valuable are safeties today? You can't blow up guys over the middle and it's getting harder and harder for guys that arent pure cover guys (which Adams isn't) to make a true game breaking impact. He's a blitzing safety. And while he's a very good one, he still whiffs on free runs at the QB and takes bad penalties. And they're still losing.

I was furious when the jets picked Adams over deshaun Watson.  Even if Adams was the best safety in the league for 8 years, all Watson would need to be is league average to make a bigger impact. 

He's gonna leave in free agency anyway and the team is unwatchable regardless. Whatever. Get some picks so at least we can have 1 day of fun this spring :shrug:
Exactly. Yes, doubtful that they could draft better than Adams, but it sure would be nice to draft an o-line that has been so ignored by this franchise for so many years now.  A good o-line will drastically help your QB and running game.  These idiots keep drafting safeties and non-pass rushing d-linemen.  Regardless of who we trade today, I hope we draft/sign o-linemen. Several.

Adams is very good, but this defense will live without him. For all this talk about his leadership, it hasn't made an iota of difference on this team thanks to our brilliant coaching and roster build. On a better team, Adams will make a bigger difference.  They better get at least a first and second rounder if they do it.

I dont think its going to happen anyway but Im not trading Adams to Dallas unless I get one of those good O-Lineman along with a 1st in the deal.  

Schefter just said that a GM that talked to the Jets about Adams told him that he doesn't think the Jets will trade him today.

Schefter just said that a GM that talked to the Jets about Adams told him that he doesn't think the Jets will trade him today.
yeah this was a media led clickbait fest.....also could have been Gase/Douglas sending a message to shake the locker room up.....id be more concerned over trades like this closer to the draft but just dont see it happening now.....

Well this is great......time for a bourbon

Jets SS Jamal Adams says he did not request a trade, and that GM Joe Douglas "went behind my back and shopped me around to teams, even after I asked him to keep me here!"

What a train wreck, honestly feel bad for Jets fans you deserve better. Management, including the head coach are an unmitigated disaster.

They should be trying to extend Adams, not trade him. Sounds like he wants to be there and they try to get rid of him.

What a train wreck, honestly feel bad for Jets fans you deserve better. Management, including the head coach are an unmitigated disaster.

They should be trying to extend Adams, not trade him. Sounds like he wants to be there and they try to get rid of him.
Thanks, but I think we're pretty numb to all of this after all these years. We are pretty loyal though. You would have to be in order to keep following this clown show.

Won't go so far as to say I feel badly... more like relish the whole thing, but I do sympathize with the (likable) Jets fans. :D

Gase has so many instances where he just comes across like a total jackwagon. 

"Gase declined to answer questions about Adams in his Wednesday press conference, saying he was focused solely on this week’s Miami game. So much for defusing the situation."

Article Link.

Adams was too upset to talk to Douglas today. 

This freaking team....
I love Adams - but he's gotta grow up a bit.....you play in the NFL and your name may get brought up in trade discussions......GMs have a responsibility to find out player's value in the market for multiple reason.....the Jets are yrs away and if they could have gotten a Walker type crazy deal then Douglas had every right to check it out.....thats life in the NFL - this one is not the Jets fault.  

I figure he'll get a new  contract in the offseason which will help him get over it!  

for perspective, Adams has 10 wins, Brady has 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 wins.  I love the Jets, but Adams is another in a long line of guys we overvalue and overpay.  i'm pretty sure we could have been 10-29 without his superior performances. 

This is another from the ground up re-build, only possibly Sam is safe at this point, Adams is as good as gone in the offseason....

If Gase loses this week, yipes, not sure if being friends with Joe D is gonna matter...

I wasn't in here Tuesday, but this is a great post. A safety isn't even close in value to a league-average quarterback, who are nigh impossible to come by. 

This is another from the ground up re-build, only possibly Sam is safe at this point, Adams is as good as gone in the offseason....

If Gase loses this week, yipes, not sure if being friends with Joe D is gonna matter...
Gase is a vengeful little man. He will pull out all stops to win tomorrow. This is probably a close game and I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets lose.

The real question becomes do we fire him at end of the season  and continue our trend of alternating firing our Coaches and GMs? I'm afraid that he will get another year.

Gase is a vengeful little man. He will pull out all stops to win tomorrow. This is probably a close game and I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets lose.

The real question becomes do we fire him at end of the season  and continue our trend of alternating firing our Coaches and GMs? I'm afraid that he will get another year.
Remember when we were all thrilled that Douglas was GM just a few months ago? Where did that go?

What a mess. 

Remember when we were all thrilled that Douglas was GM just a few months ago? Where did that go?

What a mess. 
Where did it go? I already flushed it down my toilet. All kidding aside (I think I'm kidding), it's too early to tell. I haven't been impressed so far, but it's a pass for JD until the off-season.

Gase on the other hand, I've seen enough.  Gase is a fugazi. Faux offensive guru. I hope people stop referring to him as that.  All of his offenses stink and for some reason his teams always suffer a ton of injuries. Bad luck or is there something to it? I mean the dope left Avery Williamson out there to get hurt for some unknown reason.  For God's sake, tell the Guru to dial up some plays for Bell. 

Funny thing occurred yesterday with my boss. He's a huge Dolphin fan from back to the Bob Griese, Mercury Morris days and I've been a Jet fan since John Riggins was here back in 1972 or around than.

Anyways, we made a bet on tomorrow's game and this is a first. The bet is, whoever loses the game WINS the bet which is a lunch at whatever restaurant they want. I've never made a bet like that as every other time I've made a wager it's been on my team emerging victorious....not this time as this is where we are at today in Jetland.

And that is it likely would be better for the future of the team to lose as many games as we possibly can so as to have a hopefully Top 5 draft pick next year. I actually think it's 50/50 whether or not I "win" this bet cause I can easily see us losing on a late FG where Fish win it in last seconds. 

And on other hand, I can also see Darnold and Bell having huge game and us blowing them out. Gun to my head, I think I'm  losing this bet as Jets win something like 23-20. What a #### show this year has turned into where I'm making silly bets like this but this is where we are at with this godforsaken franchise of ours....argggggg

I get that the line sucks, but if Gase can't string together some offense (and some production from Bell) against THIS team, how do you possibly give him another year.

Rock bottom...Gase shouldnt even be on the plane ride home if CJ had any stones

Last edited by a moderator:
Maximus* said:
Funny thing occurred yesterday with my boss. He's a huge Dolphin fan from back to the Bob Griese, Mercury Morris days and I've been a Jet fan since John Riggins was here back in 1972 or around than.

Anyways, we made a bet on tomorrow's game and this is a first. The bet is, whoever loses the game WINS the bet which is a lunch at whatever restaurant they want. I've never made a bet like that as every other time I've made a wager it's been on my team emerging victorious....not this time as this is where we are at today in Jetland.

And that is it likely would be better for the future of the team to lose as many games as we possibly can so as to have a hopefully Top 5 draft pick next year. I actually think it's 50/50 whether or not I "win" this bet cause I can easily see us losing on a late FG where Fish win it in last seconds. 

And on other hand, I can also see Darnold and Bell having huge game and us blowing them out. Gun to my head, I think I'm  losing this bet as Jets win something like 23-20. What a #### show this year has turned into where I'm making silly bets like this but this is where we are at with this godforsaken franchise of ours....argggggg
Congratulations on your lunch.

I hate to be that guy.....but if Sam keeps this up all year, the Jets will be in the running for the # 1 pick. The Defense and O-line aren't getting any better, so the only way they get respectable is if Sam plays like he plays against Dallas.

So if that doesn't happen and the Jets have a shot at Tua, I kinda think they have to take him. Would be horrible and embarrassing for sure, but if he's not the guy, you need to decide sooner rather than later.

God I HATE that I'm actually typing this, but he's making some "Oh My god I can't believe a supposed NFL QB would make that decision" kinda plays the past few weeks. That INT today was on the Geno Smith putting the ball behind his back inside the 5 yard line level stuff.

The Coach and O-line are all time bad, but that throw.....(and he nearly had another one throwing the screen to Bell into a 12 person pile up)

I hate to be that guy.....but if Sam keeps this up all year, the Jets will be in the running for the # 1 pick. The Defense and O-line aren't getting any better, so the only way they get respectable is if Sam plays like he plays against Dallas.

So if that doesn't happen and the Jets have a shot at Tua, I kinda think they have to take him. Would be horrible and embarrassing for sure, but if he's not the guy, you need to decide sooner rather than later.

God I HATE that I'm actually typing this, but he's making some "Oh My god I can't believe a supposed NFL QB would make that decision" kinda plays the past few weeks. That INT today was on the Geno Smith putting the ball behind his back inside the 5 yard line level stuff.

The Coach and O-line are all time bad, but that throw.....(and he nearly had another one throwing the screen to Bell into a 12 person pile up)
He’s making it awfully difficult to continue to believe in him. Maybe we broke another one?

He’s making it awfully difficult to continue to believe in him. Maybe we broke another one?
I'm thinking this is it lol. Think about how the football community was thinking of him at end of last season and into this year. People were speaking of some level of potential. Now, 3? games later, those thoughts would be met with a  :lmao: response.

It's Gase. Mostly. But I think he's doubting the entire offense and system and coaching, and his confidence is so low it's now effecting his ability to make even basic QB decisions. And we have heard before that Gase isn't exactly a great coach to have the ability to soothe and recuperate a broken spirit.

I used to believe in Darnold 100%, but I think Gase has created so many doubts that I'm starting to lose faith. They need to fire this joker before Darnold is toast.

I wonder if it's Gase (QB)-whispering in his ear to take shots.  Bell was supposed to be this great weapon as a safe outlet, but they hardly ever pass to Bell. Often he is open for 5-6 yards plus the extra 2-3 the Bell always seems to get, but Darnold flings it down the field for passes that are less than 50-50 balls. Hell, sometimes it's a complete toss-up like we saw today.

I used to believe in Darnold 100%, but I think Gase has created so many doubts that I'm starting to lose faith. They need to fire this joker before Darnold is toast.

I wonder if it's Gase (QB)-whispering in his ear to take shots.  Bell was supposed to be this great weapon as a safe outlet, but they hardly ever pass to Bell. Often he is open for 5-6 yards plus the extra 2-3 the Bell always seems to get, but Darnold flings it down the field for passes that are less than 50-50 balls. Hell, sometimes it's a complete toss-up like we saw today.
There was a couple of really egregious examples of Bell being the right way to go with the ball yet Sam never even looked his way, including a few times that would have been an easy first down. 

agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread