What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (15 Viewers)

Ok, I deserved that. It’s ok man, I’m just trying to point to the fact I think they have and have had talent. But doesn’t amount to much if front office and coach create a toxic culture. They should retain that talent they draft and flush front office down to coaching staff. 
I'm not one to seek out conflict, but your comments came off pretty condescending. I can assure you that we're all pretty cognizant of the Jets historical and current management ineptitude.  I'm 53 and have been a diehard Jets fan since age 4.  Most of the others on this board are the same way.

I'm willing to bet that we are far more aware of the Jamal situation than most outsiders. Debating whether Adams was worth signing long term vs trading him is a fair discussion topic. Saying that we might not understand the business side of things and that we don't deserve Pro Bowl talent is lame thing to write.  Anyway, moving on.

I'm not one to seek out conflict, but your comments came off pretty condescending. I can assure you that we're all pretty cognizant of the Jets historical and current management ineptitude.  I'm 53 and have been a diehard Jets fan since age 4.  Most of the others on this board are the same way.

I'm willing to bet that we are far more aware of the Jamal situation than most outsiders. Debating whether Adams was worth signing long term vs trading him is a fair discussion topic. Saying that we might not understand the business side of things and that we don't deserve Pro Bowl talent is lame thing to write.  Anyway, moving on.
I apologize. 

agree with fellow Jet posters - no one is harder on the Jet front office then the posters here.  We rip them all the time.....the Adams situation was not the Jets FO fault.  If he was a QB, LT, pass rusher or even a CB it wouldnt have gotten to this.....but JD didnt draft him and understands that certain positions are premiums and others are not....no matter how good the player is.....

MArcus Maye has been putting up pretty big numbers since Jamal left and Jets are still getting crushed. Adams was a diva and it wasnt worth paying him at this point in the franchise.....he is more valuable to Seattle and the picks are more valuable to the Jets.  

If they manage to lose to a depleted and beaten Denver team - as injured or more injured than the Jets.....with their 3rd string QB - halfway across the country on a short week - Gase shouldnt even make the post-game presser....I just dont see how they lose this one......

If they manage to lose to a depleted and beaten Denver team - as injured or more injured than the Jets.....with their 3rd string QB - halfway across the country on a short week - Gase shouldnt even make the post-game presser....I just dont see how they lose this one......
That’s the thing. If there’s any discussion of firing him at all - why would a win like this somehow save his job?

Unless the Jets are idiots (they are), Gase should be fried with either outcome - assuming the plan is to fire him after a loss.

That’s the thing. If there’s any discussion of firing him at all - why would a win like this somehow save his job?

Unless the Jets are idiots (they are), Gase should be fried with either outcome - assuming the plan is to fire him after a loss.
harsh but we are understandably upset.. lol

this is a train wreck of epic proportions and that is saying something 

It makes zero sense - and I still say even if they lose Gase will not be fired during the season.  

Gase isn't going anywhere any time soon it's been reported. We'll just have to wait for our pound of flesh.

Love how on trip(don’t ask) where I only get basic cable xfinity says away from home.  You would think at $280 a month I would get nfl. 

I realize they lack talent, but either they're really that bad or they're just not playing hard.  Probably a mix of both, but the Jets look like a high school team.

Once again....one td, and a flukey one at that.

There are 10 year olds with copies of Madden that call a better game than our "offensive genius"

God forbid the kid gets 1 clean pocket
Yup. The worst part is, we still don't fully know about Darnold. Because the kid clearly has some talent, and his ability to improvise and throw on the run is excellent. But it's brutal to watch the entire team. It's not even the lack of talent - they aren't remotely competitive. Gase is clearly waaaay over his head. Embarrassingly so. 

Personal foul with three seconds left... this is embarrassing. Fire Gase and Williams right now. Tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let's see:

Herndon was bad.

Gore looks his age.

The defense was undisciplined and with the exception of a couple of plays looked really bad and slow.

With the exception of a couple of plays, Darnold looked bad. Nice sack.

Gase's guy Ballage was just awful. He got beat in protection on just about every play. Then he ran out of bounds instead of going for the first down like a clown.

Becton getting hurt again was typical Jets nonsense. Why dress him to back-up if he was hurt? Then to bring him in the game was malfeasance.

The play-calling was awful.

The decision to go for the fg was the least shocking thing ever. Gase coaches scared.

Lamar Jackson looked terrible.

Desir's lack of INT/breaking up that pass where Jeudy took it away from was horrific. He got beat like a rented mule all night, but made two nice INTs.

Why the hell did Williamson play so little?  Ogletree was our worst player against SF, so we brought him back for this game? He is slower than Gore and just terrible.

Henry Anderson, Basham, McClendon, Q : just all dumb penalties.

The interior of our starting o-line is Superbad. Our replacement tackles were bad.

Not a good game for JD's moves this offseason.

Crowder and Smith played well.  Mann made a great tackle on that punt return. Darnold's run was good. Ficken had a good night after blowing that first kick.

We're on track for a perfect season, but we need the other scrub teams to win a game.The win by Denver knocks them behind us.

Ballage should be cut after this game.  His lack of effort when he should have gone for the 1st down (and probably would have made it if he actually tried), is reason enough IMO.  You can't have guys giving up like that.  Pathetic.

With all due respect, coming in here as a fan of a rival team........the Jets have to ####### fire Adam Gase tonight.  Before he leaves the stadium. 

Users who are viewing this thread