What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite stand up comics... (1 Viewer)

Anthony Jeselnik

Jim Gaffigan

Brian Regan

Rory Scovil
Hanibal Burress
John Mulaney
Bill Burr
Pete Holmes
Mike Birbiglia
Tommy Johniagin
Nick Swardson
Daniel Tosh
Doug Benson
Norm
Kumail Nanjiani
Ron Funches
Maria Bamford

Bill Burr and Anthony Jeselnik are my go to's today. Richard Pryor is the standard by which all others are measured.

The wife and I saw Jake Johannsen the other day. He’s been around forever and a really funny dude.

Old school part of me goes to Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Robin Williams etc. Watching with my kids we do Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan, Fluffy etc. My oldest (15) really likes watching the specials. I love the passion/purpose of Jo Koy. I like most of his material, but sometimes he gets a little long-winded. Also down with Matt Rife as part of the "new blood"...his interactions with the audience are money most of the time.

We've abused the stand up options on streaming services. The best is the old school 90s Comedy Central stand ups with everyone you can think of much younger and all 90s.

Bill Burr is great; going to see him on this tour
Mulaney is a favorite of ours. We just missed him in the last tour that hit NJ
Bargatze is funny
I like Jim Jeffries. I know he is an acquired taste.
I would pay a decent amount of money to see Jeselnik
Caught Jack Whitehall in Philly a few weeks ago. Very good show.
Love everything Neal Brennen does. Going to see him in Philly soon
Jimmy Carr is hit or miss but the hits are great.
Taylor Tomlinsons Netflix shows are good.
I would like catch Mike Berbiglia at some point.

Jeneane Garofolo

Total comedienne's comedienne.

I bust guts hearing her stand-up. I usually try to get my daily fix of Jeneane in. What a sense of humor!

Naw, I actually dig the stylings of Emo Philips.

Doesn't hurt that he tells and wrote one of the best jokes I've ever heard.

We've abused the stand up options on streaming services. The best is the old school 90s Comedy Central stand ups with everyone you can think of much younger and all 90s.

Bill Burr is great; going to see him on this tour
Mulaney is a favorite of ours. We just missed him in the last tour that hit NJ
Bargatze is funny
I like Jim Jeffries. I know he is an acquired taste.
I would pay a decent amount of money to see Jeselnik
Caught Jack Whitehall in Philly a few weeks ago. Very good show.
Love everything Neal Brennen does. Going to see him in Philly soon
Jimmy Carr is hit or miss but the hits are great.
Taylor Tomlinsons Netflix shows are good.
I would like catch Mike Berbiglia at some point.
I really like this list. Jeselnik is sharp man, and really carved out a niche for himself. Dark one liners.

I had an Emo Phillips Live at the Hasty Pudding Theatre cassette that I wore out.

He had a great joke about running into a friend from childhood on there. I have to find that.

I had an Emo Phillips Live at the Hasty Pudding Theatre cassette that I wore out.

He had a great joke about running into a friend from childhood on there. I have to find that.

I believe it. I think Emo was one of the smarter comedians around. His organized religion joke is something else. Perhaps he derived it from other jokes, but I always thought he wrote it.

It's outstanding.

Surprised not to see Aziz Ansari mentioned.
He had one really good special, and I like him, and I liked his show. I think his last two specials didn’t really him

Mass.... Are you counting, It's RAAAAAAAANDY! I ****ing love that whole thing.

Rock... Emo is forever linked for me to getting the boot from letterman for doing a pedophile rape bit. I remember watching that live and thinking.. whoa. He was already mostly bombing iirc, and he just went for it I guess.

This is hilarious. Just looked for his tour, and he's doing 3 nights of shows about 5 miles from me. 6 sold out shows and I can't find any tickets on any aftermarket site.
your post prompted me to look, turns out he's right near me next week, but I cant touch a ticket for under $550/per. Oh well, next time.

Users who are viewing this thread