What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NEW XFL already has its own website (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
The topic of this forum is not a mistake.  I just said the XFL, the version that's coming out in 2020, already has its own website.  I'm just wondering what Vince McMahon is thinking already starting a website for this crap when he doesn't even have a team in place.  I know he's campaigning everywhere around the country just to see if there's a U.S. market that's gullible enough to take a team, but I already talked about this with one of my co-workers, and I made the vow that if he gets even 1 team in this new version of the XFL, I'm going to shoot myself in an area of the human body that I can't talk about without getting banned from this forum.  Does anyone think the XFL will even get 1 team before 2020?

The topic of this forum is not a mistake.  I just said the XFL, the version that's coming out in 2020, already has its own website.  I'm just wondering what Vince McMahon is thinking already starting a website for this crap when he doesn't even have a team in place.  I know he's campaigning everywhere around the country just to see if there's a U.S. market that's gullible enough to take a team, but I already talked about this with one of my co-workers, and I made the vow that if he gets even 1 team in this new version of the XFL, I'm going to shoot myself in an area of the human body that I can't talk about without getting banned from this forum.  Does anyone think the XFL will even get 1 team before 2020?
Of course he will.  I bet you don't actually shoot yourself.

hold that thought.  

The better question is does he get a TV contract.  If he gets a decent TV contract then he'll get as many teams as he wants, unless he tries to charge new owners a huge fee to get one.

Take this to the Shark Pool, chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of how you feel about the XFL, Vince will bring one or two good ideas the NFL will copy.  Vince turned a couple country guys throwing each other around in a garage into a $3 Billion dollar business.   More than what the current NFL commissioner or almost anyone else can say.

I could see Vince bringing in a helmet cam to QBs, essentially building a GoPro inside the helmet above the face mask that allows people to watch QBs read defenses and receivers in first person point of view.

Yes, not only will Vince easily get 8 teams but cities will be fighting each other to be one of the 8.  

Regardless of how you feel about the XFL, Vince will bring one or two good ideas the NFL will copy.  Vince turned a couple country guys throwing each other around in a garage into a $3 Billion dollar business.   More than what the current NFL commissioner or almost anyone else can say.

I could see Vince bringing in a helmet cam to QBs, essentially building a GoPro inside the helmet above the face mask that allows people to watch QBs read defenses and receivers in first person point of view.

Yes, not only will Vince easily get 8 teams but cities will be fighting each other to be one of the 8.  
Easy now. The list is long on the start up football leagues and this is most likely another one. Semi-pro ball at best and all owned by McMahon, which is a big red flag waving in the breeze.   

He also had the IBF which nobody wanted and was created purely to spite the Weiders. And the first iteration of the XFL  

He also **inherited** the wrestling business from his dad who was a legitimate wrestling and boxing promoter. 

The odds are slim that the NFL adopts anything XFL related. It took them forever to adopt the 2 point conversion - even though every college and HS league used it. 

Oh boy...  John Fox is on the Football Reimagined Committee.  Failure is imminent.

Users who are viewing this thread