What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Williams no brainer right? (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately I don't think this is a no-brainer.  While he was hurt last year, ruining his rookie year you would be giving up two relatively high picks.  His injury history is not great and to not good parts of the anatomy (neck, back and knee).  I had the misfortune of drafting him last year, missing on many more productive players.  Still have him and would probably be very happy to receive the 2.3 and 2.6.  A closer deal would be just the 2.3.  Just my opinion of course.  

The bust rate on top-10 drafted WRs is shockingly low. NFL teams have proven they generally know what they're doing when they draft a wideout that high. 

I'd give up those two picks in a second for  Williams. As long as he doesn't go down the Jordan Reed path I'm a firm believer in his talent.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
The bust rate on top-10 drafted WRs is shockingly low. NFL teams have proven they generally know what they're doing when they draft a wideout that high. 

I'd give up those two picks in a second for  Williams. As long as he doesn't go down the Jordan Reed path I'm a firm believer in his talent.
This. In a heartbeat.

I don't think it's a no brainer but I wouldn't have an issue making the deal if you believe in Williams.  I don't really believe he will be a fantasy relevant player this year but may in his year 3 or 4.  Either way I don't think he will be a difference maker.  He seems like JAG especially if Rivers retires and the Chargers don't get a suitable replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread