What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 rookie pick 1.03 pre combine (Closed) (1 Viewer)

TE premium scoring leagues

• Ronald Jones II

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • Nick Chubb

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Calvin Ridley

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Courtland Sutton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Washington

• Sony Michel

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Kerryon Johnson

• Anthony Miller

• Mark Andrews

• Dallas Goedert

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Josh Rosen

• Baker Mayfield

• Rasaad Penny

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Dont play in this format

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
he purpose of these polls is to get an idea of who the majority of voters prefer at a specific pick in a rookie draft. These drafts assume that all 2018 rookie players are available. For the 2QB poll there may be some variance in scoring. Some may be standard, others PPR. I think a lot of 2QB leagues may involve IDP as well so these differences are not accounted for here. Only looking at the offensive skill players in the two most common formats and also 2QB leagues, to get a sense of where the QB are valued relative to other positions, when there is actually scarcity at the QB position. The polls assume 12 teams and likely 24-26 roster spots as the most common format for dynasty. Short bench dynasty leagues should only care about the top 6-12 rookie players.

If a player isn't listed that you would vote for please vote other and then post the name of the player that you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll.

I haven't watched enough players yet to have a list, so I will populate the polls based off of Zyphros overall list and Hankmoodys tiers for now. Suggestions of players to add helpful.

Another nice list compiled by miqws that looks good for populating the poll.

Discussion welcome.Thanks for voting.

Results

Standard

Sanquon Barkley 94.3% with 71 votes

Derrius Guice 79.5% with with 76 votes

Nick Chubb 28.5% with 89 votes

PPR

Sanquon Barkley 97.4% with 71 votes

Derrius Guice 78% with 76 votes

Ronald Jones 42.2% with 89 votes

2 QB

Sanquon Barkley 75.7% with 71 votes

Derrius Guice 30.1% with 76 votes

Sony Michel 12% with 89 votes

TE Premium

Sanquon Barkley 82.9% with 71 votes

Derrius Guice 61.6% with 76 votes

Ronald Jones 25.3% with 89 votes

Last edited by a moderator:
Who won the 1.01 and 1.02 polls?
Barkley then Guice in all 4 polls so far. I put the results in the original post. 

Guice only won with 30% of the vote in the 2 QB poll. Do not play the format had the most votes there. Baker Mayfield had 8% of the vote with 6 to Guice's 22. Ronald Jones had 4 votes in the TE premium poll to Guices 45.

In the PPR poll Jones had 9 votes to Guices 57.

So Ronald Jones seems to be the player most other prefer over Guice. Mayfield getting the most votes at QB in leagues where they are more valuable.

It was brought up last vote but really, TE enhanced should be PPR. 

Others experience might be different but I have yet to play in any league where TEs get a bonus without it being PPR.

It was brought up last vote but really, TE enhanced should be PPR. 

Others experience might be different but I have yet to play in any league where TEs get a bonus without it being PPR.
Agreed.

It is the 2 QB leagues that may have the most diversity of different scoring systems and starting requirements.

I am trying to list all 4 of the TE that Hankmoody considered tier one for that poll. But I took Mike Gesicki off the list as he was the lowest ranked player in miqws list.
Well, I voted penny above except 2 qb. I like jones as well but penny has more of a feature back skill set imo. 

Well, I voted penny above except 2 qb. I like jones as well but penny has more of a feature back skill set imo. 
I have't charted either of them yet and honestly I am not sure who to vote for at this point yet. Just started watching Jones this afternoon.

I have this pick in a standard format league.  Desperately trying to move up to 1, offering the 3 and a pair of likely early 2019 1sts.  I think I'll get laughed at.

I have this pick in a standard format league.  Desperately trying to move up to 1, offering the 3 and a pair of likely early 2019 1sts.  I think I'll get laughed at.
I offered a guy 4 first rounders to get up to one and was turned away. 

I was listing the results from the polls.

Apparently the people who like Jones better than Michel either don't play 2qb or like a qb better than Jones
For the 2QB, it's currently 24-18 for any QB over a non-QB. I think that 1.03 is a QB, it's just a matter that we're split on which one is the correct pick (Mayfield for me).

Went Jones in the formats that I play in.

To me-this is a window where, if I hold 1.03, I'm looking to move down a few spots.

Feel like this tier has some depth but like no one player nearly as much as Barkley or Guice.

Jones, Chubb, Michel are all pretty commensurate in my book. Feel like landing spot is key with this group.

No WR, QB, or TE is worth this selection- but I don't play TE premium or 2 QB leagues.

Went Jones in the formats that I play in.

To me-this is a window where, if I hold 1.03, I'm looking to move down a few spots.

Feel like this tier has some depth but like no one player nearly as much as Barkley or Guice.

Jones, Chubb, Michel are all pretty commensurate in my book. Feel like landing spot is key with this group.

No WR, QB, or TE is worth this selection- but I don't play TE premium or 2 QB leagues.
The nice thing about 3 is that while they might seem equal now, you get first choice once you know their landing spots.

Absolute joke that this board voted an RB that has no proven track record of an ability to catch the ball as the 3rd prospect in PPR. If anything for PPR you either want volume or a penchant for ball catching. Jones suggests the ability for neither at this point. Fast does not equal pass catching. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolute joke that this board voted an RB that has no proven track record of an ability to catch the ball as the 3rd prospect in PPR. If anything for PPR you either want volume or a penchant for ball catching, Jones suggests the ability for neither at this point. Fast does not equal pass catching. 
This is the general issue I see with Jones and his rankings.  It's like just because he's small people think he'll be a good 3rd down back.  I haven't seen anything suggesting that yet.  This is a very common logical fallacy this time of year.  It will be very interesting what his size is at the combine and where he ends up being drafted.

Users who are viewing this thread