What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

90s Movie Poll - 1999 The countdown has started! (2 Viewers)

From an action movie perspective, 1982 is stacked.   But yeah, not too many cinematic masterpieces here...sans a couple of SciFi alltime greats.  :spoiler:
Lots o' comedies.  

ETA:  Idea man.  

Unlike the music drafts which prohibit spotlighting ...since people were posting their lists, just a wanted to through this out there.  

Last edited by a moderator:
From an action movie perspective, 1982 is stacked.   But yeah, not too many cinematic masterpieces here...sans a couple of SciFi alltime greats.  :spoiler:
I'm not really into action/SciFi, which may explain why I'm not really digging 1982.  First Blood will probably be the exception for me, but I liked it more for its societal angle about veterans.

Given I was a kid in 82, I think I need to watch some of the dramas I didn't see at the time before I put my list together. Things like The Verdict (96% RT critics), Gandhi (85%), Sophie's Choice (77%), Shoot The Moon (89%), Diner (91%), Cannery Row (80%), The Border (89%). I don't think I have time for that though. So, probably some points coming Megaforce's way from me...

:shock:  TBL is a classic of modern political philosophy. It's when Ethan and Joel Coen get to use their degrees in the sake of humor. 

Oh my word...
I love their dramas, can't do their comedies, but Lebowski is the one I can handle the most of their comedies if that makes any sense. 

I love their dramas, can't do their comedies, but Lebowski is the one I can handle the most of their comedies if that makes any sense. 
Yeah, makes sense. A lot of people dislike their humor, and disliked that movie. I find it smartly ironic in the best sense of the phrase.  

Cat People was in '82.

Yes it's weird, but still one of my all time favorite soundtracks.
When I saw that listed, the first thing that popped into my head was the Bowie song... “See these eyes, so green...” i think they played that trailer on a loop on Cinemax in ‘83. Really the only thing I remember from that movie. 

Putting out the fire, added the link to video. Damn, I love Bowie. This is a definite re-watch.

Given I was a kid in 82, I think I need to watch some of the dramas I didn't see at the time before I put my list together. Things like The Verdict (96% RT critics), Gandhi (85%), Sophie's Choice (77%), Shoot The Moon (89%), Diner (91%), Cannery Row (80%), The Border (89%). I don't think I have time for that though. So, probably some points coming Megaforce's way from me...
Verdict is an awesome legal movie and one of my favorite, Ghandi is a classic as is Sophies Choice and Diner is a great ensemble movie.

Only one of them are on my list.

We're all putting Liquid Sky #1 for 1982, after that not quite sure for the rest. Well, Paradise of course, but then...?

1982 list submitted...I have a few sleepers that I'm interested to see if others gave points to.  Will also be interesting to see how it shakes out with some of the higher grossing films from the year.

Users who are viewing this thread