What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Performer(s) that's not yet in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I was looking at the list of all-time performers who are already in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and nowhere on that list did I see Def Leppard.  The reason I bring Def Leppard up is because they're supposed to be doing a major tour all over North America with Journey, including 10 outdoor stadium stops.  Journey went in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last year, but I was kind of surprised to learn Def Leppard hasn't been inducted yet into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  They first started back together in England back in 1977.  Motley Crue is another band that's been around a long time who hasn't been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame yet, but their history goes back to 1981.  Right now, I'd have to say that Def Leppard is probably the greatest rock band of all-time that hasn't been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame yet.  Motley Crue isn't quite as known around the world at Def Leppard, but I still say Def Leppard gets in before Motley Crue.  Who do you think has a better chance of getting into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Def Leppard or Motley Crue?

The Zombies were nominated and didn't get in. Much more conducive to my liking than either Leppard or Crue.  
The Zombies came out with their first hit single in 1964, 12 years before I was born.  I guess I was thinking about more modern acts that have been around since I was born in 1976, and both Def Leppard and Motley Crue started after I was born.  But, to each his own.  I was looking at the Wikipedia page for the Zombies, and they started in England in 1958, about six years before the Beatles had their first hit in America.  AND the Beatles formed together in 1960, 2 years after the Zombies did.  But, as for modern-day rockers from the days since I was born, I'd have to put Def Leppard first and Motley Crue 2nd.  Maybe someday all three acts will get in.  I mean, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has only been around since 1986!

The Zombies came out with their first hit single in 1964, 12 years before I was born.  I guess I was thinking about more modern acts that have been around since I was born in 1976, and both Def Leppard and Motley Crue started after I was born.  But, to each his own.  I was looking at the Wikipedia page for the Zombies, and they started in England in 1958, about six years before the Beatles had their first hit in America.  AND the Beatles formed together in 1960, 2 years after the Zombies did.  But, as for modern-day rockers from the days since I was born, I'd have to put Def Leppard first and Motley Crue 2nd.  Maybe someday all three acts will get in.  I mean, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has only been around since 1986!
One of the greatest "doh's!" of all time was Decca Records not signing the Beatles because they already had The Zombies.

I rate Priest ahead of Maiden but many of my metal head buddies are the opposite. I think they are cancelling out each others votes.

Eventually both Motley Crue and Def Leppard will get in via the Misspelled Band Name category.

My nominations are Charlie Burton, The Beat Farmers, and Matt "Guitar" Murphy. (In the performers/bands I've seen in Lincoln Nebraska category)
I'm not sure if Charlie Burton will get in because I've never heard of him.  That, and the fact that there's no Wikipedia page on any musician named Charlie Burton.  The Beat Farmers are kind of a long shot to make it.  Matt "Guitar" Murphy is 88 years old, and if he ever does get in, it would be under the Early Influences category, not Performers.

They won't get in but you could make a case...

first six studio albums sold platinum or better, tallying sales of 50 million copies worldwide and fourteen top-20 singles on the Hot 100 and a handful still get played on classic rock stations all the time, the band...

Foreigner

Radiohead are a shoe in.

But what about Nick Cave? PJ Harvey? 

Ween should be in there, but probably will never make it. 

They won't get in but you could make a case...

first six studio albums sold platinum or better, tallying sales of 50 million copies worldwide and fourteen top-20 singles on the Hot 100 and a handful still get played on classic rock stations all the time, the band...

Foreigner
I totally forgot about Foreigner not being in.

Eventually both Motley Crue and Def Leppard will get in via the Misspelled Band Name category.

My nominations are Charlie Burton, The Beat Farmers, and Matt "Guitar" Murphy. (In the performers/bands I've seen in Lincoln Nebraska category)
Beat Farmers.  :thumbup:

Black Flag?

I’d lump Def Leppard, Journey, Bon Jovi and Styx in the same category.  Each has a few good songs and longevity, but none was great.

I’d put Iron Maiden in before any of them.

There should be an alternative rock hall of fame, in an obscure town, and they shouldn't even bother telling anyone where it was. You either know and love it or you don't care,
Right now, there are three acts that you can consider to alternative rock that are actually in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Green Day.

I’d lump Def Leppard, Journey, Bon Jovi and Styx in the same category.  Each has a few good songs and longevity, but none was great.
Actually, Journey and Styx started making hits in the '70s.  Styx is another great musical act that's not in yet.  Bon Jovi is going in this year.  I think it's only a matter of time before bands like Styx, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Foreigner, or even Whitesnake go in.

Who else besides me think Whitesnake is deserving of going in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Right now, there are three acts that you can consider to alternative rock that are actually in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Green Day.

Actually, Journey and Styx started making hits in the '70s.  Styx is another great musical act that's not in yet.  Bon Jovi is going in this year.  I think it's only a matter of time before bands like Styx, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Foreigner, or even Whitesnake go in.

Who else besides me think Whitesnake is deserving of going in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?
Ratt >> Whitesnake

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides Bon Jovi, another longtime group that's going in this year is the Moody Blues.  For those of you on this forum who actually grew up listening to the Moody Blues, I'm sad to report that earlier this year on January 4, the original lead singer, Ray Thomas, passed away at age 76.  But I'm not sure what the cause of death was.

I would put them into the Hall in this order:

Maiden

Journey

Priest

Crue

Styx

Leppard

I put Leppard at the bottom of the list for selling out after Pyro.  That band should be punished for going from playing great rock and roll to playing pop songs.  High and Dry was so, so good.  No to Ratt, Whitesnake, and many other hair metal bands.  And, this is coming from someone that listens to hair metal almost daily.  It was fun music and some of it was good music but it is not Hall worthy. 

I would love to see Motorhead, Slayer, and Megadeth in the Hall but don't see it. 

Motörhead 

Judas Priest

Three Dog Night

The Smiths

there are a lot of early influent alt acts who will should get inducted , like Television, Depeche Mode, the Cure, Replacements.

Love Motörhead, but they should just leave that alone now that the classic three members have all passed on, imo.

Joe Summer said:
Normally I would not finger Def Leppard as a Hall Of Fame band, but their army of fans has really shouldered the burden, and I've got to hand it to them because I really think that they could elbow their way in.
:lmao:

Pixies

King Crimson

Iron Maiden

Def Leppard

Judas Priest

Motorhead

Ozzy Osbourne

Janes Addiction

Nine Inch Nails

Soundgarden

Smashing Pumpkins

**** Dale

The Guess Who

Doobie Brothers

Megadeth

Bad Company

Alice In Chains

Last edited by a moderator:
Def Leppard is not a band that comes to mind.  I feel pretty good that Def Leppard is not in the Hall of Fame and this is from someone that liked Pyromania when it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread