What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this forum still an Anti Trump Echo Chamber (Was: just a liberal echo chamber?) (1 Viewer)

Not quite grossly different...but fair enough jon.

The point remained that it was not the only time you had called people jerks either.  So enjoy your little nitpick here on that...
And everytime it has been preceeded by multiple personalizations, mischaracterizations and other crappy tactics.  I just do not come in and call people jerks.  There are always 3, 4, or more people actually being jerky, which I already documented a few pages back in the most recent episode.    

Last edited by a moderator:
And everytime it has been preceeded by multiple personalizations, mischaracterizations and other crappy tactics.  I just do not come in and call people jerks.  There are always 3, 4, or more people actually being jerky, which I already documented a few pages back in the most recent episode.    
There are always people everywhere being jerky Jon...so what?

Then you should not keep being upset (whining) about me calling them jerks.  
I’m not upset.... just pointing out the hypocrisy of your complaining about the rhetoric here, generalizations, and insults while you are guilty of all of those things.

Look at the late night shows and SNL; they’re completely consumed with Trump.  Doesn’t matter if the jokes are funny.  It’s comfortable, safe, trendy.  
This would be (and has been) true about every president.  But they do get a ton of material out if Trump because he's a lying bafoon who's a characature of himself.  Every president in our modern time has been lampooned constantly though.  Yet, only one has cried about it. 

I don't think a single poster repeating a phrase towards people has anything to do with making this a liberal echo chamber.

The term clearly refers to a place where its all just liberal opinion and nothing else...it has nothing to do with a repeated phrase like that.

Words have meaning tony.  The actual definition of echo chamber does not fit your claim that my using a phrase multiple times makes it an echo chamber.
You keep forgetting the lie:  Using it without backing it up with any substance, trolling, harassing, echo chamber tactics.

Just like an echo chamber.
I've got to concentrate...  concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...

Just like an echo chamber.
A.  Stop quoting only part of the quote.

B.  No...that isn’t what an echo chamber is and certainly none that would be considered a liberal echo chamber.  It appears you don’t know the meaning of echo chamber with your continued misuse of the term.

I've got to concentrate...  concentrate... concentrate... I've got to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... Hello?... hello... hello... Echo... echo... echo... Pinch hitting for Pedro Borbon... Manny Mota... Mota... Mota...
looks like i picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Just now, Don't Noonan wrote this in the Shutdown thread:

Very proud of Trump today.  This will backfire on Pelosi.  Trump will not back down so unless Pelosi buckles expect a longgggg shutdown.

This is a troll post. The reason that I know this is because:

1. He offers no reasoning for his statements, no argument on behalf of them.

2. if he read the thread of all (and of course he has, otherwise he would not be posting in it), he knows that almost everyone, ON BOTH SIDES, disagrees with this take. Nothing wrong with that; DN can absolutely push for an opposing point of view. But if he does so without offering any argument or reasoning, he is simply trying to be provocative, in the face of those who disagree with him.  Hence, a troll post.

How should one respond to a troll post? Probably the best solution is to ignore it. Or mock it, or call it out for what it is. The one thing you don't want to do is take it seriously.

If people like Don't Noonan would spend less time trolling and more time engaging in real discussions and debates, perhaps he would come to believe that this place is less of a "liberal echo chamber."

Very proud of Trump today.  This will backfire on Pelosi.  Trump will not back down so unless Pelosi buckles expect a longgggg shutdown.

2. if he read the thread of all (and of course he has, otherwise he would not be posting in it), he knows that almost everyone, ON BOTH SIDES, disagrees with this take. Nothing wrong with that; DN can absolutely push for an opposing point of view. But if he does so without offering any argument or reasoning, he is simply trying to be provocative, in the face of those who disagree with him.  Hence, a troll post.

How should one respond to a troll post? Probably the best solution is to ignore it. Or mock it, or call it out for what it is. The one thing you don't want to do is take it seriously.

If people like Don't Noonan would spend less time trolling and more time engaging in real discussions and debates, perhaps he would come to believe that this place is less of a "liberal echo chamber."
He gave his opinion that he likes that Trump sticks to his guns?  

You don’t like the opinion and call him a troll.  Probably others hit the report button due to similar faux outrage. 50/50 he gets 3 days even though he said nothing offensive or  Unexcellent   

HELLO...Hello...hello

This isn’t the McLaughlin Group. 

You're really going to call him out on a post like that?

You really don't see similar type things coming from your side of the aisle? There are plenty of people who rarely post but don't pass up the opportunity to throw a dig out there every once and a while with nothing to back it up and no reason for the posting. Probably gives you a chuckle and you scroll right by but they are there. Ignore them if they bother you.

I dont really have an expectation,  per se, but reading you defend yourself against a bunch of guys over semantics ain't what I'm here for. I see all your points. It shouldn't take 4 pages of drivel to make them. No offense.

Quite whining.   Geeez.

A.  Stop quoting only part of the quote.

B.  No...that isn’t what an echo chamber is and certainly none that would be considered a liberal echo chamber.  It appears you don’t know the meaning of echo chamber with your continued misuse of the term.
The question is if it's a Liberal Echo Chamber and your childish response to posts over and over provides the "Echo".   The worst part of any Echo Chamber.  I've backed up my stance several times now, with links. If you're going to claim a different definition for Echo you're going to have to do something never do: back up your dribbling nonsense.

The question is if it's a Liberal Echo Chamber and your childish response to posts over and over provides the "Echo".   The worst part of any Echo Chamber.  I've backed up my stance several times now, with links. If you're going to claim a different definition for Echo you're going to have to do something never do: back up your dribbling nonsense.
There is no way you hate serious with this and you have been asked to stop.

I didn’t try to claim a different definition of echo but of the phrase echo chamber which is different than you claim.  No knock it off.  You were wrong, have been proven wrong, yet continue this line of posting and trolling when you were completely unprovoked.  Enough!

There is no way you hate serious with this and you have been asked to stop.

I didn’t try to claim a different definition of echo but of the phrase echo chamber which is different than you claim.  No knock it off.  You were wrong, have been proven wrong, yet continue this line of posting and trolling when you were completely unprovoked.  Enough!
Link to that proof please?

An echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition (read Sho Nuff ) inside a closed system.
And I'll take a link to your definition too please.

ETA:  Also why would I hate serious?  And when you say "No knock it off" are you saying not to knock it off?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been around as much lately, but I do think it leans a lot more liberal than I'd prefer.  

I'd prefer to have a good number of conservative posters around who engage on issues and have interesting views.  There are certainly some folks here who fit that bill who I like to read.  

But I find my slightly left-of-center views on most things less challenged than I'd like here.  No complaint against anyone posting regularly on any side. 

I do find this place to be a more moderate microcosm of the state of the country though, and the moderation is what makes it have more value than twitter.

Ummm, I gave my reasons in my post.  Sorry you don't agree with them.

Log off, man, and get some fresh air.  He's not trolling.  Stop telling people how they should post.

I think the public will see this as purely political.  Pelosi saying security is a reason to postpone is comical and a lie.  Democrats have a real chance to negotiate here and they are letting it slip through their fingers.
It is political. 

Pelosi's politics align with opening the government. 

Trump's politics align with keeping it shut.

It is political. 

Pelosi's politics align with opening the government. 

Trump's politics align with keeping it shut.
Pelosi’s also align with all polling.

Now if someone wants to argue that the longer it goes in that Democrat voters will lose stomach for the fight and Trumps voters simply don’t care...that could very well be true.

With another troll post like “Are you excited for a long shutdown?”  Thats trolling using your logic because nearly everyone on BOTH SIDES don’t want that, right?  (Or you could just go with “blatant falsehood”)

Nice job though in a whole lot of words calling one of the last Trump supporters on the board a troll and blaming him for the echo chamber.  

The only real question when entering this forum is which GOP/right bashing thread do you want to read about today.   Maybe the Giuliani is senile thread.  Or the Trump is a mobster thread.  Or the MSNBC worshiping thread.  Or how MAGA hats mean you are a white supremacists.  Or the alt-right fascist thread.....

The only real question when entering this forum is which GOP/right bashing thread do you want to read about today.   Maybe the Giuliani is senile thread.  Or the Trump is a mobster thread.  Or the MSNBC worshiping thread.  Or how MAGA hats mean you are a white supremacists.  Or the alt-right fascist thread.....
Perhaps then start a thread and have an actual point.  Currently the trump bashing (which you say you disagree with him often...that’s paraphrasing and not an actual quote) is en vogue because he does things worth bashing daily.  And the current GOP as well and are complicit.

MSNBC worshipping thread?  When has anything been close to that happening?

:lol:

Maybe I will change the title.

In Maddow we trust.  :tebow:

timschochet said:

Oh dear lol

knowledge dropper said:
He gave his opinion that he likes that Trump sticks to his guns?  

You don’t like the opinion and call him a troll.  Probably others hit the report button due to similar faux outrage. 50/50 he gets 3 days even though he said nothing offensive or  Unexcellent   

HELLO...Hello...hello

This isn’t the McLaughlin Group. 
:goodposting:

This place is definitely an echo chamber.  Any new post made by a conservative poster will get one or two people cracking a joke without much basis or substance, followed by several "high-five" cheerleading type posts.  No discussion of any substance outside of one or two posters.  I'm not going to reply to these joke posts, but then if I don't I get accused of not providing further arguments for my statements or get accused of trolling.  It's really ridiculous if you think about it.  

timschochet said:

None of your two reasons describe the definition of a troll.  A troll is defined as someone who makes a post for the SOLE intent of riling people up.  Offering his opinion on Trump as he did does not meet this definition.  In fact he DID provide reasoning for why he was proud of Trump in his next two sentences.   

None of your two reasons describe the definition of a troll.  A troll is defined as someone who makes a post for the SOLE intent of riling people up.  Offering his opinion on Trump as he did does not meet this definition.  In fact he DID provide reasoning for why he was proud of Trump in his next two sentences.   
The crew views anything Pro-Trump as an attempt to rile them up.  Trump support = trolling.  

Of course this is the only place I have ever seen where AOC is universally praised as some political savant instead of being called an attention seeking clown   

Echo chamber indeed. 

Users who are viewing this thread