What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this forum still an Anti Trump Echo Chamber (Was: just a liberal echo chamber?) (2 Viewers)

Technically he didn't call anyone specifically a Nazi.  I think we can all agree that the people who are affiliated with Nazi groups are most likely Trump supporters so if one is really a Trump supporter then it would be accurate to place them in a group of people that Nazis are in.  It's a bit of an generalization.
You are part of the problem not part of the solution with your divisive rhetoric.  

When Bush was president, many liberals disagreed with his policies and thought he wasn't an intellectual, but he received no where near the scorn that Trump does.  Why?  Because he was actually a decent human being who could string two sentences together who didn't take the office on the basis of such nationalist and partisan themes like "build that wall", "lock her up" while causally tossing about middle school insults.  Trump is unique in just about everything he does, and while his base loves him, most of the country despises virtually everything about him.

And he's hijacked the entire conservative party so unfortunately conservatives are tied to him for the foreseeable future.  It's almost impossible to separate conservatism in America with Trumpism these days. 
Idk man, I was pretty tough on Bush. Didn’t think there could be much worse. Of course now I see the error of my ways. I don’t really criticize Trump now except for here where no one knows me. Not worth it to engage with the Trump fans other places like Facebook (which wasn’t really around that much under Bush). 

I think this is pretty accurate.

For most discussions, anything short of denouncing President Trump seems to mean the person is in Trump's "cult". For most people I know who lean conservatively, it's just not worth it to engage. 

And that's not a knock on us or the forum. The whole country is this way. 

Not sure there's any real answer.
I think maybe you're missing the ongoing effort by Trump supporters to normalize racism and bigotry. The tactic is to paint the left as stifling debate. "As soon as somebody has a different point of view, the name calling starts." If minority rights are being threatened and stifled, as they are in this administration, I suggest that the name calling isn't the real problem.

You are part of the problem not part of the solution with your divisive rhetoric.  
Sorry you feel it's divisive, but your feelings are not in line with the data.  Trump hauls in up to 2-4 times the Nazi support relative to your garden variety republicans (and an even greater split compared to Hillary voters).

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/trump_s_bigoted_base_by_the_numbers.html

Nazis are his kind of people.  He is the Nazis' kind of president.  

LOL  So that's what you think this spider-dude was up to?  Totally wanted to have productive, mature discussion, but then he started the thread and got called away?  My God, I hope this is just an act by you.
Is this criteria for starting a non trolling thread? I can't seem to find it in the Let's catalog Trump's abilities or If there was a military parade today, would you dodge the parade, threads. 

But, no one cares because the threads are right up the ally of the left. 

Obama spent most his 2 terms under 50% approval.  Trump is just a handful of percentage points under him.  In fact when you count bush, the last 3 presidents havent been popular.  Whats getting stronger is the hate.  

Is this criteria for starting a non trolling thread? I can't seem to find it in the Let's catalog Trump's abilities or If there was a military parade today, would you dodge the parade, threads. 

Show me an example of someone from the left starting a thread to start an argument where he starts the topic and then just sits back and doesn't participate in the thread.  I'll wait.

They are completely tone deaf.  

What are you suppose to call the Nazis, racists and rapists then?  Do these people not exist?  I am not implying that anyone here are any of those things but I will not ignore the fact that many racists, Nazis and white nationalists are major Trump supporters.
A rapist is a convicted felon so they can’t vote.  There are probably about 175 Nazi’s in America and racist is a subjective term. Many would consider Maxine Waters a racist.  BLM has been considered racist.  Anti-Trump people can therefore be called racist?

A rapist is a convicted felon so they can’t vote.  There are probably about 175 Nazi’s in America and racist is a subjective term. Many would consider Maxine Waters a racist.  BLM has been considered racist.  Anti-Trump people can therefore be called racist?
They are some very fine people. 

Dont go there.  A growing number of republicans feel the democrats are racist.  Meanwhile people call trump racist. This is tearing the nation apart.  This is language we cannot walk back.  We shouldnt encourage it on either side in any way.  We need to come together. 
Why do they feel this way?  I’ve not heard this before, so curious...

There are many methods of trolling. But to deny that this entire thread was a trolling attempt is just being blindly naïve. 
I didn't deny that at all. This thread, like many in the political subforum are needless and are intended to start trouble. These types of threads come from both sides. To deny that is just being blindly naïve. 

I'm not calling any specific people any of those things.  I do know what political affiliations certain groups have though.  If you want to say that I am in the same affiliation that BLM is in that's fine.  I'm not offended by it.  I don't agree with everything BLM does but I do understand their stance.  I can't say that about Nazis or any white nationalist group.

Show me an example of someone from the left starting a thread to start an argument where he starts the topic and then just sits back and doesn't participate in the thread.  I'll wait.
Officer, are posters only allowed to start threads if they are going to respond to every troll question that gets thrown at them?  Where is that in the rules?  Joe even said himself last week that people should know when to stop engaging (something I should consider with you immediately) which seems to be a problem for you and those of your ilk.

Why did they need to be called names then or now? 
They didn't and don't, but I can recall pre-Trump arguments like gerrymandering, welfare, taxes, etc where racism and even fascism was brought into it and conservatives slogged away and made their point. I think the difference here, and I've made this point often, is that in following Trump conservatives have dropped defensible principles they can argue on legitimately and have instead chosen to defend a man who is completely indefensible for any length of time with any seriousness.

Last edited by a moderator:
And they were all able to participate in the tiki torch march in Charlottesville. Amazing

I didn't deny that at all. This thread, like many in the political subforum are needless and are intended to start trouble. These types of threads come from both sides. To deny that is just being blindly naïve. 
I've heard this somewhere before... hmm... having a hard time recalling where it comes from.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have called Maxine Waters a racist (more accurately a race-baiter) and I don’t apologize for it. I regard Donald Trump as a racist. What’s your point? 

Are we grouping KKK members in with Nazis because they seem to be pretty similar.  There are still around 8,000 KKK members and, I may be going out on a limb here, but I bet almost all of them are Trump supporters.  Trump doesn't seem to denounce them either which is mind blowing.

For most discussions, anything short of denouncing President Trump seems to mean the person is in Trump's "cult". For most people I know who lean conservatively, it's just not worth it to engage. 
Exhibit A;

And those of you in the 25% group who support Trump...congratulations in being in the same small group as nazis, Russians, white supremacists and fake news enablers.  Great group you have going there.  :thumbup:     
...along with all the attacks that followed.  Giant waste of time even trying to discuss any of the positives out of this administration.  

Are we grouping KKK members in with Nazis because they seem to be pretty similar.  There are still around 8,000 KKK members and, I may be going out on a limb here, but I bet almost all of them are Trump supporters.  Trump doesn't seem to denounce them either which is mind blowing.
David Duke was both those things, and then later a suited politician, so one could be all these things.

Calling supporters of our President these things.  
For the record, I do not think that all Republicans, Conservatives, Trump supporters are those things.  I do think that the majority of those types of people (Nazis, etc...) are Trump supporters though.  I think that's pretty telling of what type of President we have.

Users who are viewing this thread