Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Is this forum still just a liberal echo chamber?

Just now, ZEKEPA said:

OK...so that is your standard now? Trump. If he does it then it's OK. 

I don't really think it's OK but I find it funny when Trump supporters ignore when Trump does it but get upset when others do.  Pretty hypocritical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think a lot of people talk about Trump that way because that's how Trump talks.  He publicly shames people all the time.  He makes up demeaning nicknames for anyone he dislikes.  There are a lot of things that people could call Trump, fat and orange are pretty mild.

It doesn't take much common sense to know that Trump is overweight.  Saying fat may be insensitive but saying he's overweight would be accurate.

Calling people many things can be accurate. It doesn't make it right. I just love how the liberals here are fighting for the right of calling people names based on the facts of their appearance. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't really think it's OK but I find it funny when Trump supporters ignore when Trump does it but get upset when others do.  Pretty hypocritical.

Same for the ones calling him names. thanks for making my point. 

Just now, ZEKEPA said:

Calling people many things can be accurate. It doesn't make it right. I just love how the liberals here are fighting for the right of calling people names based on the facts of their appearance. 

I agree.  I laugh when conservatives do it too.  Liberals and conservatives are more similar than they think they are.

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Screw insensitive...isn’t he the anti PC guy?

Ive been fat and it was when I stopped thinking I was just a bit overweight or not that bad and realized I was just fat when I did something about it.

So all fat people should be called fat any chance we get? Great. 

Just now, ZEKEPA said:

Same for the ones calling him names. thanks for making my point. 

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I understand why they are doing it.  Some people get to a point where being nice just doesn't work anymore.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.  I understand why they are doing it.  Some people get to a point where being nice just doesn't work anymore.

Really? When were these people nice to Trump on this board? Come on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

So all fat people should be called fat any chance we get? Great. 

That’s exactly what I said.  Great job.

16 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

So is this the new accepted norm? Are we now going to be commenting on physical appearances of politicians moving forward? That will be very interesting. 

Would one of you libs please let us know what terms are acceptable? I am sure you will all draw the line when it is someone on your side being referred to in the name manner. 

So we can call Trump fat and orange. Got it. I can't wait to see someone refer to a fat black guy. I am sure that will be well received. Maybe fat lesbian will be used. At least we know the rules now. 

Thing with Trump is that he is so uniquely hideous.  I could figure out how the pyramids were built before I could figure out how that monstrosity atop his head is constructed.  His face is always varying shades of orange with pale circles around his eyes, and you can always see the edge of the orange around his jaw line.  His weight I would say should be off limits, but then he is always posing in front of fast food and claims he is in the greatest health ever.  His build listed in his physical is clearly bogus.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

OK...so that is your standard now? Trump. If he does it then it's OK. 

Not my standard with people. But certainly my standard with Trump. Why do you think someone who shows no one else any respect deserves some? I've always found it hilarious that a guy with his looks chooses to make fun of other peoples' appearance.  That comes from being rich since the day he was born. He was always able to attract women with his money so he has zero self-awareness of how unattractive he is.

• Like 1

Well since you’ve only been here since last October...you wouldn’t know if people were, right?

Just now, sho nuff said:

That’s exactly what I said.  Great job.

We you keep saying it is OK to call Trump fat because it is a fact. Why would that not apply to everyone about all of their physical characteristics? 

Just now, ZEKEPA said:

How we post on here doesn't always represent how we are all the time.  I've found that most people give the benefit of the doubt until they just can't take it any more.  I think Trump reached that point with many on here well before he was elected.  Trump really hasn't given anyone a reason to be nice anymore.  He promotes hatred.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

Just curious, I see you only have 35 posts. Which banned member are you?

We you keep saying it is OK to call Trump fat because it is a fact. Why would that not apply to everyone about all of their physical characteristics? 

No which is why I said within reason.

Just now, Johnnymac said:

The man doesn't deserve nice.  Do you realize that we are talking about a traitor to the USA.  Nice doesn't come in to play for me in those circumstances.  Trump deserves a prison cell for the rest of his life.  That is the ONLY thing he deserves!!

Not the point. Again as long as this is the new standard that's fine. By the way this is your opinion. There are no facts whatsoever in your post. So since your opinion is such then it's OK. 

Not the point. Again as long as this is the new standard that's fine. By the way this is your opinion. There are no facts whatsoever in your post. So since your opinion is such then it's OK. 

I dont need to wait for the jury verdict.  I know he's guilty as sin and if you have been paying attention you would know that too.

Edited by Johnnymac

Just now, Johnnymac said:

I dont need to wait for the jury verdict.  I know he's guilty as sin and if you have been paying attention you would know that too.

Thanks for your OPINION. 

I honestly don't think that many of the people that talk about Trump this way actually talk about others the same way.  I know I would never talk about many other people the way I do about Trump.  Trump has done next to nothing to earn my respect though and he represents just about everything I dislike in people.

Pretty funny all of these comments are happening in the Liberal Echo Chamber thread. They are doing a great job. 

I'm not a liberal.  I just don't like Trump.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

Thanks for your OPINION. 

Are you waiting for the jury's verdict on Jussy Smollet? Or is it ok to assume he's guilty?  Trump is no different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Are you waiting for the jury's verdict on Jussy Smollet? Or is it ok to assume he's guilty?  Trump is no different.

I don't really care about smollet. However, there is a hell of a lot more evidence against him than against Trump at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZEKEPA said:

I don't really care about smollet. However, there is a hell of a lot more evidence against him than against Trump at this point. 

There is plenty of evidence against both.  And ones crimes are much worse than the other.

Just now, sho nuff said:

There is plenty of evidence against both.  And ones crimes are much worse than the other.

false

false

No it’s true. There is a whole thread about it showing evidence of obstruction, lies about his contacts, indictments of his campaign and administration staff.  But you may want to understand what evidence is first. (Since you have only been around since October :lol: I will give you the benefit of the doubt I’m not understand the conversations that have been had about what evidence is. )

Edited by sho nuff

9 minutes ago, ZEKEPA said:

Yeah, if you overlook the fact that everyone Trump associated with during his campaign keeps lying about their meetings and relationships with Russia. Or simply want to pretend that they are all covering up all this collusion but poor Donnie knew nothing about it.

1 hour ago, ZEKEPA said:

ok...this is enough. I am reporting you and sho. 

To ZEKEPA: People are going to accuse you of being an alias because you’ve got all the hallmarks of one. Almost all genuinely new posters hang out in the Shark Pool for quite a while before wandering into the FFA, and then spend some time there before wading into the PSF. You might be an exception, but it’s hard to blame others for being skeptical.

To everyone else: ZEKEPA has a clean IP. Maybe he’s an alias or maybe he’s not, but interjecting discussion about that into a thread about something else is distracting and boring rather than important and fun. Let’s try to make our posts about substantive topics, not about other posters.

Thanks to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll paraphrase what I wrote a while back.  For anybody who has been here for a long time the idea that this place is just a bunch of liberals is laughable.  Further, the idea that a board full of middle-aged, white males who play fantasy football and still use a message board is the bastion of liberalism is even more laughable.  This board is, thankfully, an anti-Trump echo chamber.  That makes me happy - the guy is truly horrible and says horrible things constantly - along with constant lies.  I know Joe said almost all echo chambers are not ideal and while I get his point I think he and David should be happy too that this place rejects Trump.  He's a horrible human being, he's totally unqualified for office and he does nothing but divide us on a daily basis.  It reflects well on this community that people confuse it for a liberal echo chamber because it means we are doing the right thing in rejecting Trump.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I'll paraphrase what I wrote a while back.  For anybody who has been here for a long time the idea that this place is just a bunch of liberals is laughable.  Further, the idea that a board full of middle-aged, white males who play fantasy football and still use a message board is the bastion of liberalism is even more laughable.  This board is, thankfully, an anti-Trump echo chamber.  That makes me happy - the guy is truly horrible and says horrible things constantly - along with constant lies.  I know Joe said almost all echo chambers are not ideal and while I get his point I think he and David should be happy too that this place rejects Trump.  He's a horrible human being, he's totally unqualified for office and he does nothing but divide us on a daily basis.  It reflects well on this community that people confuse it for a liberal echo chamber because it means we are doing the right thing in rejecting Trump.

:lol: You are certainly entitled to your opinion!  Thankfully this board does not reflect the majority of Americans!

14 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

It is unfortunate to see people adopt their political views as their identity.  This is why so many of you can't accept the posts that challenge your political views... you have made those views personal, the challenges are reacted to as if they were personal attacks on you.  These posts are emotional.  

It leaves no room for discussion.  

Edited by matuski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

:lol: You are certainly entitled to your opinion!  Thankfully this board does not reflect the majority of Americans!

The majority don’t disapprove of trump?

Just now, matuski said:

It is unfortunate to see people adopt their political views as their identity.  This is why so many of you can't accept the posts that challenge your political views... you have made those views personal, the challenges are reacted to as if they were personal attacks on you.  These posts are emotional.

Denial of facts and evidence leaves no room for discussion. Emotions have nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sn0mm1s said:

Denial of facts and evidence leaves no room for discussion. Emotions have nothing to do with it. 

The facts and evidence show the all too common emotional/personal reactions from those falling back on facts and evidence.

Edited by matuski

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

not at a 90% clip like this echo chamber

Sure but you claimed this board doesn’t reflect the majority of Americans.  But it does.  The board is anti trump the majority of Americans disapprove or are anti trump.

9 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Ummm, your 38% is not the majority of the country.

14 minutes ago, matuski said:

Not really sure what views you are talking about.  I'm talking about Trump, the person - he's horrible and unqualified.  I'm not sure you have any clue what my positions are on most anything.  I like to think I'm one of the few around that do not make it personal - although I just did recently with @jon_mx saying he makes everything political and I should apologize for that.  I'm sorry Jon.  I think there's only one poster around here that I've taken direct shots at and that's because I'm convinced the guy is a troll.

As for leaving room for discussion - I like (as best as I'm able) to discuss issues.  I think there's lots of legitimate issues and discussions to be had.  The problem is Trump is so horrible and is doing so much damage that those of us who feel that way think this has basically superseded all issues and jumped directly to the top of the list.  And my number one issue with him is this - HE HAS NO ####### CLUE WHAT HE'S DOING.  He's totally unqualified for the job - it just so happens he's completely awful and possibly the biggest liar we've ever had represent us.  The POTUS is supposed to represent the best of what we are - this guys represents the worst of us.

Just now, dkp993 said:

certainly not at the rate in this forum but it's still the majority of Americans that disapprove of his job performance

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

As I've explained before, I take little stock in those ratings.  In most cases they aren't approving or disapproving of the person but rather the party, even if they think the guy is a horrible human they will say they approve because they approve of "their side".  I honestly have never encountered a person in real life who I've talked to that thinks he's a good guy and represents us well.  It's either someone who supports him because he's a Republican or because he's nominated conservative justices or he supports an issue they care about (like immigration).  Even the people who early on were like, "he isn't afraid to speak his mind" say they wish he would chill with Twitter and act more Presidential.  And those are the people saying they approve of him.  Really what they approve of is that their side is in power.  Nothing else really matters that much to them - and there's an equal amount of folks who do something similar on the other side.

25 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Ummm, your 38% is not the majority of the country.

Governing from the minority.  It wont last forever. ;)

4 minutes ago, Johnnymac said:

Governing from the minority.  It wont last forever. ;)

Especially when a large part of that minority are middle-aged and elders.

• Like 1

I don't think we should mock anyone for being fat fwiw, but this board still calls out rape victims as "too ugly" to have been assaulted, so, baby steps.

2 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

I don't think we should mock anyone for being fat fwiw, but this board still calls out rape victims as "too ugly" to have been assaulted, so, baby steps.

Where has that happened?

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

Drop it. 

Sorry it was a joke and take...but I apologize.  Had just watched the episode of the West Wing where they hire Ainsley Hayes and Leo said that to her.  

7 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

I don't think we should mock anyone for being fat fwiw,

No more Bloatis?

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

Sorry it was a joke and take...but I apologize.  Had just watched the episode of the West Wing where they hire Ainsley Hayes and Leo said that to her.  

My wife and I loved that show, so I bought the entire series.  RIP Leo.