Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Is this forum still just a liberal echo chamber?

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Too far gone

I’m trying to have an honest discussion and this is your reply?  That isn’t far gone of me at all...it’s really hard to be reasonable with you when you post like that.  There are several conservative posters on this board who are anti Trump...how are they far left?

Name a policy I’ve advocated for even that is far left?

Actually explain what about antinTrump = far left?

1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

This thread is Exhibit 1 why the board is so bad.  Roadkill has basically said there is no possible defense to be a Trump supporter because the libs are always right.  :lmao::lmao::lmao:

What a clownshow this echo chamber has become.

👋. See you tomorrow 

• Laughing 1

This thread is Exhibit 1 why the board is so bad.  Roadkill has basically said there is no possible defense to be a Trump supporter because the libs are always right.  :lmao::lmao::lmao:

What a clownshow this echo chamber has become.

blatent ignorance is your post above.  I never said I didn't recognize Trump saying he was proud to shut down the government.

Let me help you out, having been attacked repeatedly for various stupid things because I am not anti-Trump I assumed someone was wrongfully implying I said it. 

Anyone with half a brain sees this is a far left echo chamber.

52 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Too far gone

5 insulting comments in 4 posts, with not a substantive comment to be found.   Anyone that wants to identify the problem with this forum, look no further.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, -fish- said:

5 insulting comments in 4 posts, with not a substantive comment to be found.   Anyone that wants to identify the problem with this forum, look no further.   

LOL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, -fish- said:

:lmao:. Should I quote all the insulting posts that I receive?  It may take up 20-30 pages.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

I’m trying to have an honest discussion and this is your reply?  That isn’t far gone of me at all...it’s really hard to be reasonable with you when you post like that.  There are several conservative posters on this board who are anti Trump...how are they far left?

Name a policy I’ve advocated for even that is far left?

Actually explain what about antinTrump = far left?

What is the current disapproval rating of Trump in national polls versus this forum.  I rest my case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

What is the current disapproval rating of Trump in national polls versus this forum.  I rest my case.

That still isn’t showing anything is far left.  Disapproval of Trump isn’t far left...in what way is it? 

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Disapproval of Trump isn’t far left...in what way is it? 

Good luck getting any of the Trump supporters here to acknowledge this.  It ruins their echo chamber fantasy.

9 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Good luck getting any of the Trump supporters here to acknowledge this.  It ruins their echo chamber fantasy.

It’s a great example of the 2+2 analogy...there is no reasonable way to claim anti Trump is automatically far left. And then double down that because more people here are anti trump than national polling means it’s far left?

59 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

It’s a great example of the 2+2 analogy...there is no reasonable way to claim anti Trump is automatically far left. And then double down that because more people here are anti trump than national polling means it’s far left?

You're right, this may be a good example of 2+2=4 analogy but you are squarely on the wrong end here.  National dissaproval poll shows approximate dissaproval of Trump at 50%.  At footballguys the same poll is 98%.  Clear as day, yet you can't admit it.

• Like 2

The more appropriate question is his rating among college educated males, but I don't want to get in the way of your little rant.....carry on.

ETA:  And I don't have any idea what that number is cuz "those are the same polls that had hillary destroying trump" so I have no idea why you'd be bringing them up as proof/evidence of anything :shrug: 

Edited by The Commish

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

You're right, this may be a good example of 2+2=4 analogy but you are squarely on the wrong end here.  National dissaproval poll shows approximate dissaproval of Trump at 50%.  At footballguys the same poll is 98%.  Clear as day, yet you can't admit it.

That you still seem to equate being against Trump means someone is “far” left is a disconnect.  And sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s intentional.

Far left is about policy and what someone would advocate.  No amount of comparison of polling someone being anti Trump is ever going to show that someone is far left in the political spectrum.

Thats the point...I can’t make you understand it...but it’s a very simple point.  Being anti Trump is not synonymous with being far left.  To claim I’m wrong about that and continuing to cite irrelevant polling data that doesn’t address the actual point is comical now.

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

:confused:

I'd say most Trump supporters would agree anti Trump doesn't have to mean "far left". There are lots of Never Trump folks from different areas of the political spectrum.

This board is predominantly anti-Trump.  Dramatically more than the country at large. That's fact, not fantasy. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

I'd say most Trump supporters would agree anti Trump doesn't have to mean "far left". There are lots of Never Trump folks from different areas of the political spectrum.

This board is predominantly anti-Trump.  Dramatically more than the country at large. That's fact, not fantasy. 

Yet we have at least two in this thread equating anti Trump with far left or extreme left.

4 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Completely disagree based on what’s been posted here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yet we have at least two in this thread equating anti Trump with far left or extreme left.

Two?  Out of how many posters here?  I'd say Joe's use of the word "most" is 100% accurate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Two?  Out of how many posters here?  I'd say Joe's use of the word "most" is 100% accurate.

Out of three....that's over 50% so "most" is appropriate...and the third hasn't chimed in!!!  ;) 

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Out of three....that's over 50% so "most" is appropriate...and the third hasn't chimed in!!!  ;) 

Damn I misread that.  My bad.   Other than Noonan, who are the Trump Supporters?  Sho seems to want the "far left" defined but he's never defined who the Trump Supporters here are.

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Damn I misread that.  My bad.   Other than Noonan, who are the Trump Supporters?  Sho seems to want the "far left" defined but he's never defined who the Trump Supporters here are.

You and me are according to these guys 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Did he say he was leaving?

No but he complained this “board is so bad” and that it was was “ clownshow” yet he continues to post here.  Can’t be that bad if he continues to come back.  Not sure why anyone would waste their time on a bad board.  

4 hours ago, urbanhack said:

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Disapproval of Trump isn’t far left...in what way is it? 

I would agree that disapproval of Trump isn't far left, but I still think this forum has become an echo chamber on many issues.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Raylan said:

5 truthful comments in 4 posts.

No surprise that someone like you, who has multiple bans for drunken tirades would be surprised.

You just may be the problem with this forum.

You may be confused.  Good luck with your trolling, though.

16 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

These are all example of someone telling you 2 + 2 and you not coming up with 4.

There’s no evidence that 2-+2=4. 

6 hours ago, -fish- said:

While playing the victim. 

1 hour ago, Raylan said:

Lol.

If you didn't have Aaron playing Nazi and deleting any post and banning anyone who disagrees with you this place would not be an echo chamber.

#Jussie

Doesn't seem very nice.

6 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

I don't know anyone who classifies anti-Trump as far left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I would agree that disapproval of Trump isn't far left, but I still think this forum has become an echo chamber on many issues.

agreed

I would say this forum is an anti-Trump echo chamber more than a liberal echo chamber.

Open up a thread about a liberal vs. conservative political issue and you'll see a lot more people going back and forth than in a thread about Trump which is mostly just people piling on to the orange jester.

We have a good number of conservatives that are not Trump supporters here.  I think that is a testament to this board's populace of real conservatives who believe in actual conservative principles rather than the Trumpisms that have caused so many half conservatives in the mainstream to throw their country under the bus in favor of "winning" for their fake political team.

15 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I would say this forum is an anti-Trump echo chamber more than a liberal echo chamber.

Open up a thread about a liberal vs. conservative political issue and you'll see a lot more people going back and forth than in a thread about Trump which is mostly just people piling on to the orange jester.

We have a good number of conservatives that are not Trump supporters here.  I think that is a testament to this board's populace of real conservatives who believe in actual conservative principles rather than the Trumpisms that have caused so many half conservatives in the mainstream to throw their country under the bus in favor of "winning" for their fake political team.

As a conservative I was a little worried about Trump because of his past of being a Democrat.  However, he has been a home run as far as conservative policy.  Lowered taxes, named 2 conservatives judges to supreme court, reduced regulations.  The biggest problem I have had is the deficit but that requires dems and republicans to work together and clearly isn't going to happen with Dems wasting all their time on useless investigations.

3 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

I don't know anyone who classifies anti-Trump as far left.

You argued just that yesterday.

3 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Raylan as much as I enjoyed your TV show your posts are far less entertaining. Good news is you likely won’t be around here as long as season 1 at this rate.  

As if he won't be back under yet another name?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

As a conservative I was a little worried about Trump because of his past of being a Democrat.  However, he has been a home run as far as conservative policy.  Lowered taxes, named 2 conservatives judges to supreme court, reduced regulations.  The biggest problem I have had is the deficit but that requires dems and republicans to work together and clearly isn't going to happen with Dems wasting all their time on useless investigations.

In which way have the dems blocked any initiative he has had to reduce the budget deficit?

In fact, its his policies which have increased it exponentially (as well as the overall trade deficit).

3 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

The biggest problem I have had is the deficit but that requires dems and republicans to work together and clearly isn't going to happen with Dems wasting all their time on useless investigations.

The deficit boom is due to the tax reform that was passed entirely by the GOP.   The investigations have not been useless.   But keep trolling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

:lmao:  I have no idea.  I just said three so I could have 2/3 and it be "most".  There are several who say they don't support him yet are constantly defending the positions of the administration.  I'm not sure what you call that, but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

The biggest problem I have had is the deficit but that requires dems and republicans to work together and clearly isn't going to happen with Dems wasting all their time on useless investigations.

Another example Joe Bryant :lmao:

The SINGLE most important piece of legislation passed during this administration blowing up the deficit was passed while the GOP held the Presidency, Senate and House and was passed purely on party lines and it was done KNOWING what it would do to the deficit and debt.  Even most reputable conservative estimates agreed and you get this stuff.  How is one supposed to "discuss" this sort of stuff?  The cherry on top is the fact that they came pretty close to reaching their 10 year projection in the first year....again, while the GOP held all three branches.

ETA:  Meanwhile the investigations are MAKING money for the government.  That's not really germaine to the argument but pretty damn funny to point out.  Can't really make this stuff up.

Edited by The Commish
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Another example Joe Bryant :lmao:

The SINGLE most important piece of legislation passed during this administration blowing up the deficit was passed while the GOP held the Presidency, Senate and House and was passed purely on party lines and it was done KNOWING what it would do to the deficit and debt.  Even most reputable conservative estimates agreed and you get this stuff.  How is one supposed to "discuss" this sort of stuff?  The cherry on top is the fact that they came pretty close to reaching their 10 year projection in the first year....again, while the GOP held all three branches.

ETA:  Meanwhile the investigations are MAKING money for the government.  That's not really germaine to the argument but pretty damn funny to point out.  Can't really make this stuff up.

If you're unable to discuss things with someone who is concerned with the deficit and worries Republicans and Democrats will stick to party lines and not work across the aisle, you're going to have a tough time finding people to discuss politics with. 

It's human nature. When "their" side does something it's bad. When "our" side does the same thing, it's :shrug: That's life with most things. If that's seriously a problem, I'd say it's probably best to not engage with that person then. Simple. But understand that's going to be a lot of people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

As if he won't be back under yet another name?

Why do you only call out an alias if it disagrees with you ?

And why do you care so much if he comes back under a different name?

8 hours ago, Dickies said:

There’s no evidence that 2-+2=4. 

Sure 2+2 =4, but there's no proof that the 2's colluded to equal the 4

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Why do you only call out an alias if it disagrees with you ?

And why do you care so much if he comes back under a different name?

It's a cute little passive aggressive bully tactic. It alerts his cohorts to attack and belittle the poster. 

16 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

The five posts opposing him prior to this were just as bad and they won't get a timeout either.  5 to 1 would be proof that it is.

He got a timeout as did some of the posts before him. Sorry, neither side gets to claim victim here.

19 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks. We'll just strongly disagree on why Trump supporters don't participate. It's primarily because they're far outnumbered and participating simply isn't worth the energy. They'll find a board where their posts are much more welcome.

Go visit the global warming thread. I, and others did their best to make an instructive thread when a guy stopped by expressing his general opinions. Turned out he had no interest in a conversation at all. I didnt even present myself as an "opponent".  I just thought he could have a conversation. Nope.

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

If you're unable to discuss things with someone who is concerned with the deficit and worries Republicans and Democrats will stick to party lines and not work across the aisle, you're going to have a tough time finding people to discuss politics with. 

It's human nature. When "their" side does something it's bad. When "our" side does the same thing, it's :shrug: That's life with most things. If that's seriously a problem, I'd say it's probably best to not engage with that person then. Simple. But understand that's going to be a lot of people. 

If this was what was happening, it would be refreshing honestly.  That's the way it used to be.  I wish it would go back to that, but that's clearly not what was said.  There are very few people here doing what he's doing...just happens to be a noisy bunch, that's all.

1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

He got a timeout as did some of the posts before him. Sorry, neither side gets to claim victim here.

Could you talk about what gets a timeout on here because it seems like its a moving target?  I sent you a pm asking about my recent vacation and I got no response.  The post that was tagged was in no way against any rules. 

A little more clarity in this matter probably would help things overall.

1 hour ago, pantherclub said:

Could you talk about what gets a timeout on here because it seems like its a moving target?  I sent you a pm asking about my recent vacation and I got no response.  The post that was tagged was in no way against any rules. 

A little more clarity in this matter probably would help things overall.

Be excellent to everyone and you won’t get a timeout  

100 people speed and one gets a ticket  Same applies here  Don’t like it, there may be better boards for you

3 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Yup but it’s a victory for most of us

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Be excellent to everyone and you won’t get a timeout  

100 people speed and one gets a ticket  Same applies here  Don’t like it, there may be better boards for you

Thats a bit vague