What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hug Life Chronicles: :( (1 Viewer)

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Haven't updated in a while, because I don't think there was anything story-worthy to report, but I'm bored at work this afternoon so I thought I'd give a quick update. 

Things are going great with the Doc. We've gone exclusive and are even FB official, as of New Year's Day. :lol:  She's met my kids and some of my family. So far so good. We've had several opportunities to spend time together, with the most recent being a Saints game (her idea!  :wub:  ) and NYE in New Orleans.  I bring that up, because I'm sure we all remember my last visit to New Orleans....

On New Year's Eve, we headed over to some friends of hers' house for a drink before dinner. Later, the husband  drove us to dinner at a place we were not familiar with, but we trusted their judgment as locals and we were both down to try a new restaurant.  They live across the river, and as we were getting back across near the Superdome, he took an exit with a street name that sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't recall why at the time. We got off the interstate and down to street level and made our way through some vaguely familiar looking territory then we turned down a couple of side streets to negotiate our way into a parking lot that was on a one-way street. We all got out and started walking towards the main street where the restaurant was located. As we got near the street, I look to my right and notice an establishment whose name I recognized. It was the place that Lacey had told me she was "meeting her friend," which was just a few blocks from her place. Of all the places to eat in New Orleans, and there are a bajillion, we ended up about 2 blocks from Lacey's apartment.  I kinda internally scoff, grab Doc's hand and we all walk over to the restaurant. We spent a couple of hours eating and drinking and talking ####, then we headed to a rooftop NYE party that the friends had bought us tickets to.  As we pulled out of the parking lot we turned left onto the street we had just walked across. We went a couple of blocks and I looked out my window and I saw the little hole in the wall bar that I had sat at watching MNF by myself just a few months prior. I chuckled softly to myself and shook my head. The ladies were riding in the back seat, so I turned my head and made eye contact with the Doc and she smiled at me. I grinned back at her and turned back around, thinking to myself, yep this is life telling me I'm where I'm supposed to be, and not to forget what got me here. 

Doc and I already have several things planned over the next few months, and she's coming in this weekend for her birthday and is staying to watch the Saints playoff game Sunday with me and some other mutual friends. I've already got a bottle of champagne in the fridge for her tomorrow morning and dinner plans for her Saturday night. :bowtie:  

I must say, life is pretty good. 

Happy New Year, y'all! And WHO DAT!?

I will now open the floor for questions. :lol:  
Maaaaaaahhh man!!! Congrats brotha!! 

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Haven't updated in a while, because I don't think there was anything story-worthy to report, but I'm bored at work this afternoon so I thought I'd give a quick update. 

Things are going great with the Doc. We've gone exclusive and are even FB official, as of New Year's Day. :lol:  She's met my kids and some of my family. So far so good. We've had several opportunities to spend time together, with the most recent being a Saints game (her idea!  :wub:  ) and NYE in New Orleans.  I bring that up, because I'm sure we all remember my last visit to New Orleans....

On New Year's Eve, we headed over to some friends of hers' house for a drink before dinner. Later, the husband  drove us to dinner at a place we were not familiar with, but we trusted their judgment as locals and we were both down to try a new restaurant.  They live across the river, and as we were getting back across near the Superdome, he took an exit with a street name that sounded familiar to me, but I couldn't recall why at the time. We got off the interstate and down to street level and made our way through some vaguely familiar looking territory then we turned down a couple of side streets to negotiate our way into a parking lot that was on a one-way street. We all got out and started walking towards the main street where the restaurant was located. As we got near the street, I look to my right and notice an establishment whose name I recognized. It was the place that Lacey had told me she was "meeting her friend," which was just a few blocks from her place. Of all the places to eat in New Orleans, and there are a bajillion, we ended up about 2 blocks from Lacey's apartment.  I kinda internally scoff, grab Doc's hand and we all walk over to the restaurant. We spent a couple of hours eating and drinking and talking ####, then we headed to a rooftop NYE party that the friends had bought us tickets to.  As we pulled out of the parking lot we turned left onto the street we had just walked across. We went a couple of blocks and I looked out my window and I saw the little hole in the wall bar that I had sat at watching MNF by myself just a few months prior. I chuckled softly to myself and shook my head. The ladies were riding in the back seat, so I turned my head and made eye contact with the Doc and she smiled at me. I grinned back at her and turned back around, thinking to myself, yep this is life telling me I'm where I'm supposed to be, and not to forget what got me here. 

Doc and I already have several things planned over the next few months, and she's coming in this weekend for her birthday and is staying to watch the Saints playoff game Sunday with me and some other mutual friends. I've already got a bottle of champagne in the fridge for her tomorrow morning and dinner plans for her Saturday night. :bowtie:  

I don't see any hugging in here.     :penalty:

Nathan R. Jessep said:

Thatta boy partner.  Get away from those skanks and settle down with a nice respectable lady.  Glad its working out for you. 

Glad to hear things are well - it would have made for a better story if you ran into Lacey.. next time, just make something up - just for our entertainment.. TIA
Better yet, begin steering trips down there until you do run into her.

I, too, was hoping for a satisfying confrontation with lass Lacey.

Has Marissa seen the doc yet?

And apologies if I missed it, but what kind of doc is she?

And slow your roll soldier.  Repeat hug stories are way less interesting than new conquest hug stories.  So slow your roll big boi.

James Daulton said:
Has Marissa seen the doc yet?

And apologies if I missed it, but what kind of doc is she?

And slow your roll soldier.  Repeat hug stories are way less interesting than new conquest hug stories.  So slow your roll big boi.
Re: Marissa - Not sure, but she's aware of her as we are friends on the FB. Doc is aware of Marissa, as over conversation about each others' history, I told her. She was completely cool about it, as I expected. She's also aware of the Lacey story, at least the major plot points. And I told her just yesterday, as we were laying in my bed sipping champagne, about NYE dinner being a couple of blocks from Lacey's place, but I told it basically like I told it here, and she kissed me and laid her head on my chest, so I think she was cool about that too. :lol:   

She is a badass. She's everything Marissa was, plus everything Marissa wasn't. I think she'll be sticking around for a little while. 

Oh, and she's a hospitalist. 

NotSmart said:
Better yet, begin steering trips down there until you do run into her.

I, too, was hoping for a satisfying confrontation with lass Lacey.
 It wasn't outside the realm of possibility. I was fully prepared to point her out to Doc and say "THAT'S her" just to see what happened.  :lol:

Re: Marissa - Not sure, but she's aware of her as we are friends on the FB. Doc is aware of Marissa, as over conversation about each others' history, I told her. She was completely cool about it, as I expected. She's also aware of the Lacey story, at least the major plot points. And I told her just yesterday, as we were laying in my bed sipping champagne, about NYE dinner being a couple of blocks from Lacey's place, but I told it basically like I told it here, and she kissed me and laid her head on my chest, so I think she was cool about that too. :lol:   

She is a badass. She's everything Marissa was, plus everything Marissa wasn't. I think she'll be sticking around for a little while. 

Oh, and she's a hospitalist. 
Hospitalist, cool so pretty normal hours then.

Great stories.  Anything new to tell?
Nothing really interesting to write about here. Things are going great with Dr. Girlfriend. We've had a few adventures here and there. We did have a fun weekend in ATL several months ago.  We were there to see a concert with some friends of hers. We got there a couple nights early and had a day to do whatever. We got massages (first time I had ever had one), lunch at Ruth's Chris (first time either of us had eaten at one), then spent several hours in a wine and bourbon bar (had 4 Roses and EH Williams, 2 from my to-do list :bowtie:  ) across the street from our hotel. We don't remember how we got back to our hotel, and weren't sure we had paid our tab, but found the charge on my CC app the next morning. And though I was feeling like hammered poo that next morning, it does pay to have a doctor and her stock of meds with you. Zofran FTW.  :brush:  

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Nothing really interesting to write about here. Things are going great with Dr. Girlfriend. We've had a few adventures here and there. We did have a fun weekend in ATL several months ago.  We were there to see a concert with some friends of hers. We got there a couple nights early and had a day to do whatever. We got massages (first time I had ever had one), lunch at Ruth's Chris (first time either of us had eaten at one), then spent several hours in a wine and bourbon bar (had 4 Roses and EH Williams, 2 from my to-do list :bowtie:  ) across the street from our hotel. We don't remember how we got back to our hotel, and weren't sure we had paid our tab, but found the charge on my CC app the next morning. And though I was feeling like hammered poo that next morning, it does pay to have a doctor and her stock of meds with you. Zofran FTW.  :brush:  
That's my man.   Congrats.  

When you go out who pays?   Does she buy you better stuff than you buy her?
:lol:  Fair question. It's probably 60-40 her on paying for stuff.  I pay for the stuff I can afford to pay for. But she understands I don't make what she makes, and I'm also raising 2 teenagers by myself. She gets it and is fine with it. We haven't bought each other stuff really, except for some small stuff here and there. She, like myself, is more about experiences, travelling, etc.

There was one gift she got me that was a little more expensive, but it had way more sentimental value that monetary value.

Many years ago my late ex-wife stole several of my "good" baseball and football cards and went and pawned them. I got all of them back except for one. An 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. It was beat to hell and probably not worth a whole lot to any other collector, but I'd had it since I was about 12 (traded 14 Mark McGwire off-brand 'picture' cards for that bad boy!) and it was the prized possession from my youth.  So when I opened my Christmas gift from Dr. Girlfriend this past year and I was staring at an MJ rookie card, tears came to my eyes. First of all because I could only imagine how much she paid for it and second of all because of the thought she had put into it. I had told her that story in passing about 3 months prior and she sought out that card to replace the one I lost. As it turns out, we think it may be a replica (there's lots of them on the market, and I suspected because it was in almost pristine condition) but I didn't care. The gesture blew me away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:  Fair question. It's probably 60-40 her on paying for stuff.  I pay for the stuff I can afford to pay for. But she understands I don't make what she makes, and I'm also raising 2 teenagers by myself. She gets it and is fine with it. We haven't bought each other stuff really, except for some small stuff here and there. She, like myself, is more about experiences, travelling, etc.

There was one gift she got me that was a little more expensive, but it had way more sentimental value that monetary value.

Many years ago my late ex-wife stole several of my "good" baseball and football cards and went and pawned them. I got all of them back except for one. An 87-88 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. It was beat to hell and probably not worth a whole lot to any other collector, but I'd had it since I was about 12 (traded 14 Mark McGwire off-brand 'picture' cards for that bad boy!) and it was the prized possession from my youth.  So when I opened my Christmas gift from Dr. Girlfriend this past year and I was staring at an MJ rookie card, tears came to my eyes. First of all because I could only imagine how much she paid for it and second of all because of the thought she had put into it. I had told her that story in passing about 3 months prior and she sought out that card to replace the one I lost. As it turns out, we think it may be a replica (there's lots of them on the market, and I suspected because it was in almost pristine condition) but I didn't care. The gesture blew me away. 
But you have the one thing money can't buy, a wardrobe consisting of a Saints tank top and ballcap.

Oh wait...money can buy those.  Well I'm sure you're a swell guy nonetheless! 

Many years ago my late ex-wife stole several of my "good" baseball and football cards and went and pawned them. I got all of them back except for one. An 87-88 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. It was beat to hell and probably not worth a whole lot to any other collector, but I'd had it since I was about 12 (traded 14 Mark McGwire off-brand 'picture' cards for that bad boy!) and it was the prized possession from my youth.  So when I opened my Christmas gift from Dr. Girlfriend this past year and I was staring at an MJ rookie card, tears came to my eyes. First of all because I could only imagine how much she paid for it and second of all because of the thought she had put into it. I had told her that story in passing about 3 months prior and she sought out that card to replace the one I lost. As it turns out, we think it may be a replica (there's lots of them on the market, and I suspected because it was in almost pristine condition) but I didn't care. The gesture blew me away. 
:biteslip:

Well since Jordan rookie card was in 86-87 I think you all got robbed

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/JordanRC.jpg

https://cdn.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-product-image/5-t7091218-500.jpg

:(  

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan R. Jessep said:
Did you wear boxers or go full nude?

Many years ago my late ex-wife stole several of my "good" baseball and football cards and went and pawned them. I got all of them back except for one. An 86-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie card. It was beat to hell and probably not worth a whole lot to any other collector, but I'd had it since I was about 12 (traded 14 Mark McGwire off-brand 'picture' cards for that bad boy!) and it was the prized possession from my youth.  So when I opened my Christmas gift from Dr. Girlfriend this past year and I was staring at an MJ rookie card, tears came to my eyes. First of all because I could only imagine how much she paid for it and second of all because of the thought she had put into it. I had told her that story in passing about 3 months prior and she sought out that card to replace the one I lost. As it turns out, we think it may be a replica (there's lots of them on the market, and I suspected because it was in almost pristine condition) but I didn't care. The gesture blew me away. 
Wow.  If it's a fake, I hope you took back the long embrace that surely ensued.  No hugs for you Doc.  

Wow.  If it's a fake, I hope you took back the long embrace that surely ensued.  No hugs for you Doc.  
Never. She had no clue about anything dealing with cards, she was just making a kind gesture. I asked her if she wanted to try and shake the company down but she passed. :lol:  

I've always told you guys you get the bad with the good. And since this is my sounding board because I have no friends...

Dr. Girlfriend broke it off with me Monday. I can't say that I was 100% surprised, because my life, if anything, has taught me to never get too comfortable being happy, but I'd say I was about 95% surprised. She's been dealing with some personal issues (health related) lately that had her in a little bit of a funk, and that I think led to some mild depression, but I had no clue that she was about to end things with me. I went to see her just 2 weeks ago and she was supposed to come here this weekend. Things with us, I thought, were really good. Probably the best relationship I've ever had, tbh. Good enough that I was contemplating about what my next few years might look like as my daughter will be out of high school. 

I know what's meant to be will be and all that ####, but damn, man, I'm so tired of starting over with people. It's exhausting. She met my kids and family and attended events with us. She was 'my person.' And it's not like I went and found her. She came to me. I thought this was it, the one I'd been waiting for. And we were happy. And we were great together. I honestly had zero complaints about her. 

She told me Monday that she still loved me, but that it just didn't feel right to her. I was so amazing, and treated her so good and all the other #### I've heard time and time again now. And I honestly do not understand at all. In my estimation, if you have someone you are happy with (she was, according to her), who treats you well (I did, according to her), then why the #### wouldn't you work and put forth effort to keep that going?? I just don't get it. It seems to me that nowadays people don't want to put forth effort to sustain a good relationship. They have a "pie in the sky" vision of this perfect magic someone that's out there, that everything just clicks with and the stars align and it's all rainbows and butterflies with NO effort and there will never be ANY problems with and that's all they want to settle for. It's bull####. The ####### "butterflies." That's what they're all looking for, because that's what some ####### magazine article told them about one time.  Guess those articles didn't mention the other 364.75 days a year when actual life takes place and you have to be real with each other. 

I just needed to vent. Time for a refill 🍺 

Thanks for listening. 

Sorry to hear, man.  That sounds like such a BS excuse.  The last time I heard that from a GF breaking up with me, she was already in another relationship.
Trust me that was the first thing I asked her. And I don't think she would be dishonest with me, but she assured me she wasn't even talking to anyone else. I have no reason to not believe her. 

Trust me that was the first thing I asked her. And I don't think she would be dishonest with me, but she assured me she wasn't even talking to anyone else. I have no reason to not believe her. 
That's the first thing I asked my ex too.... she also assured me she wasn't.  Granted, our relationship wasn't nearly as good as what you've described yours as.

Users who are viewing this thread