Bojang0301

Dynasty: Rashaad Penny, Seattle Seahawks

534 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Wooters said:

Yes he played against bad competition.  SDSU doesn't exactly have an SEC or Big 10 schedule.  1 game does not make a 4 year career.

He was rated as one of the worst pass protecting backs in the draft.  

He caught 42 total passes in 4 years.  

Most teams do not run with a FB and TWO TE's on 90% of plays.  There was only team in division 1 that did.  That was SDSU.  

Do I think I know more than Seattle scout team?  Well, maybe.  If I was Seattle's scout team there is a 0% chance I would have taken a RB there.  And if I was forced to take a RB there is a 0% chance I would have taken Penny over Guice or Chubb.  The fact that Seattle's scout team thought Penny was better than Guice/Chubb and took him over an OLineman is pure ignorance.  Therefore, I would have done a better job...at least with that pick.

You can't guarantee anything.  The dude is gar-baaaaage.  And fat.  And lazy.  And bad.  ;-) 

Just out of curiosity which lineman do you think the Seahawks should have selected instead of Penny?

If you think scouting offensive linemen is easy I would like to know what traits in linemen your looking for?

Edited by Biabreakable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I understand what you are saying but it’s not entirely true - because the reality is as a first round pick, Penny will be given many more chances to succeed than a late round draft pick or an UDFA.

Of course but 1) we all know that it should be implied (or minimally stated) and B) that wasn't the part of the discussion that turned this thread into a #$$# show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wooters said:

Yes he played against bad competition.  SDSU doesn't exactly have an SEC or Big 10 schedule.  1 game does not make a 4 year career.

He was rated as one of the worst pass protecting backs in the draft.  

He caught 42 total passes in 4 years.  

Most teams do not run with a FB and TWO TE's on 90% of plays.  There was only team in division 1 that did.  That was SDSU.  

Do I think I know more than Seattle scout team?  Well, maybe.  If I was Seattle's scout team there is a 0% chance I would have taken a RB there.  And if I was forced to take a RB there is a 0% chance I would have taken Penny over Guice or Chubb.  The fact that Seattle's scout team thought Penny was better than Guice/Chubb and took him over an OLineman is pure ignorance.  Therefore, I would have done a better job...at least with that pick.

You can't guarantee anything.  The dude is gar-baaaaage.  And fat.  And lazy.  And bad.  ;-) 

Wow! This is unbelievable. He is definitely not garbage. The guy is a beast. I have no doubt he's going to prove you wrong, will you be man enough to come back and admit it when he does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thehoch said:

Wow! This is unbelievable. He is definitely not garbage. The guy is a beast. I have no doubt he's going to prove you wrong, will you be man enough to come back and admit it when he does?

I hope you're right as I own this guy but how long does he need to keep getting beaten out by UDFA's until you admit that he's not cut out for the NFL?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FreshiZ said:

I hope you're right as I own this guy but how long does he need to keep getting beaten out by UDFA's until you admit that he's not cut out for the NFL?

Until you trade him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thehoch said:

Wow! This is unbelievable. He is definitely not garbage. The guy is a beast. I have no doubt he's going to prove you wrong, will you be man enough to come back and admit it when he does?

I put up facts.  You put up emotional wishful thinking.  Good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 10:56 AM, Biabreakable said:

Just out of curiosity which lineman do you think the Seahawks should have selected instead of Penny?

If you think scouting offensive linemen is easy I would like to know what traits in linemen your looking for?

It's not my job to know who they should have drafted, and I'm not going to go back and look now.  I do know that it doesn't take a professional NFL scout to know that Chubb or Guice are going to be much much much better RB's than Penny, and both of them can actually pass protect.  I also know that it doesn't take a professional NFL scout to know that Seattle's #1 weakness is their OLine and drafting a RB that is terrible at pass protection is a horrible move.  Stunningly horrible.  So much so that their entire scouting team should be fired, along with their head coach that allowed that to happen.  

How hard is it to get your best player, your franchise player, your highest paid player, the only guy on your team that can win you a Superbowl, some funking pass protection.  This has been an ongoing problem for 3 years.  And they draft Rashad freaking Penny?  Their entire executive suite should be released today.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t see the game but he got some touches. Anyone see if his touches were meaningful at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kutta said:

I didn’t see the game but he got some touches. Anyone see if his touches were meaningful at all?

Not really.  Carson started, with Davis in relief.  Penny sprinkled in here and there semi-randomly, although he had some decent plays. 

Game was out of hand early, so nothing to be gleaned about future usage IMO.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a screen pass on the 1st drive and I don't remember seeing him again until the 4th quarter.

The field was pretty slippery so they probably didn't want to risk the future of their franchise on a blowout game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had more total yards than any other RB on the roster today. That seems like a good sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think Pete Caroll doesn't care about my fantasy team.

:kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kutta said:

He had more total yards than any other RB on the roster today. That seems like a good sign.

Maybe

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.