Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Bojang0301

Dynasty: Rashaad Penny, Seattle Seahawks

NBC Sports' Joe Fann anticipates "Chris Carson taking at least two-thirds of the workload" with Rashaad Penny filling in the rest.

Fann calls Penny "the clear No. 2 in the 1-2 punch" and believes Penny will see "a few series a game." In this run-heavy offense, Penny should still see enough volume to remain a flex option, especially if the Seahawks target their backs more like they've said repeatedly this offseason. With that said, Carson looks like the running back with the higher upside and floor.

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

SOURCE: NBC Sports

Aug 14, 2019, 3:11 PM ET

Edited by Faust

So far not a great sign, all Carson. Penny only in with Carson shoe coming off. Was hoping for more of a 1A and 1B.

Edited by dmac37

1 hour ago, dmac37 said:

So far not a great sign, all Carson. Penny only in with Carson shoe coming off. Was hoping for more of a 1A and 1B.

Yeah, he’s looking like a handcuff.

1 hour ago, dmac37 said:

This has been the news all camp. 

Penny looked really bad tonight

10 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Penny looked really bad tonight

He had 6 carries for -2 yards, of course he looked bad. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

NBC Sports Northwest's Joe Fann believes Rashaad Penny is "falling further" behind Chris Carson this preseason.

Penny has a pitiful 13 yards on 12 carries this preseason and has not looked explosive at all. He does have 37 yards on three catches, but Penny has shown nothing as a runner. Coach Pete Carroll is blaming the offensive line. Chris Carson, meanwhile, has picked up right where he left off last season and is averaging a crisp 5.0 YPC this summer. Carson has established himself as the "clear No. 1" for the Seahawks, per Fann, and is even being talked up by the coaching staff as someone who can contribute more in the pass game. Carson is a fourth-round fantasy steal right now.

RELATED: 

Chris Carson

SOURCE: NBC Sports Northwest

Aug 21, 2019, 12:54 PM ET

Carson seems destined for feature RB duties to start the season. But he also seems physically cursed, so there is that. I haven't vetted, but I recall hearing a podcast clip indicating that he hasn't played a full season any year of his career dating back to college. Not surprising if true, given his running style. Penny's 2019 story isn't finished.

Do we still expect him to start at some point?  Honestly I laughed (I think in this very thread) about the fluff pieces saying Penny had learned to practice.  Nonetheless, you don't invest a 1st round pick in a Running back of all positions unless you plan to use him.  The equation changed because Carson was very good and he seems to be way ahead.  

I think Penny may have entered buy low territory.

Just now, jm192 said:

Do we still expect him to start at some point?  Honestly I laughed (I think in this very thread) about the fluff pieces saying Penny had learned to practice.  Nonetheless, you don't invest a 1st round pick in a Running back of all positions unless you plan to use him.  The equation changed because Carson was very good and he seems to be way ahead.  

I think Penny may have entered buy low territory.

Laughed after the first sentence. 

No, I dont expect him to start unless Carson gets hurt, which, considering his history, could happen 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

Laughed after the first sentence. 

No, I dont expect him to start unless Carson gets hurt, which, considering his history, could happen 

Was thinking more dynasty--or was that the thought in your reply as well.  

Just now, jm192 said:

Was thinking more dynasty--or was that the thought in your reply as well.  

Yes, I'm not sure long term Penny will outplay Carson. Itll take injuries. 

If Carson gets beat up this year and has to sit, then I think that 66/33 split they were talking about above is a little more 50/50 to try and preserve Carson. If Carson stays healthy and has a good season, imo it's over for Penny. 

• Like 1

Rewatched his college and rookie highlights tonight, and I'm hyped again. Love Penny for later in the season when Carson's warrior style catches him once again.

Rashaad Penny rushed 10 times for 62 yards and one touchdown in the Seahawks' Week 2 win over the Steelers.

He added a three-yard catch on his lone target. Penny handled just six carries in the Week 1 opener but saw more work in this one due to Chris Carson losing his second and third fumbles of the season. Penny, meanwhile, turned one of his totes into an impressive 37-yard touchdown scamper. Perhaps he's closing the gap a bit on Carson, though Carson was still involved on the final drive. Penny needs to be owned in all formats, but isn't yet anything more than an RB3 headed into Week 3 against the Saints.

Notable because maybe this is the game he starts turning this into a legit 1A/1B situation.

Edited by The Frankman