What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Project or Die: Shohei Ohtani (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Ohtani gives us two chances to be totally wrong.

I'll sleep on it and post something in the AM but I do project the six-man rotation business doesn't make it to June.

Ohtani the Pitcher - 175ip / 204k / 3.52 / 1.19

Ohtani the Hitter - less than 200ab's with a low average / OBP and a decent HR rate.

Ohtani the Pitcher - 175ip / 204k / 3.52 / 1.19
If he has that good of a K rate, I think his WHIP and ERA will be better.

With the Angels going 6 man rotation, 175 feels about right...maybe towards the high side.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Z Glider said:
ohtani ops as a hitter this spring = 0.298
ohtani ops allowed as a pitcher this spring = 1.718

:mellow:
definitely not a good start...don't know if that makes him a good buy low or not.  Apparently his metrics favored comparably to Darvish as a SP so it may be a decent buy low...of course, not a fan of the 6 man rotation talk.

definitely not a good start...don't know if that makes him a good buy low or not.  Apparently his metrics favored comparably to Darvish as a SP so it may be a decent buy low...of course, not a fan of the 6 man rotation talk.
I think there's a fascination with him, had a draft that started last week, he went 4th or 5th round in a league where you can only keep guys drafted after the 8th, no bargain to be had with him.  I don't know what he would have had to do to justify that slot

Willing to go down with the ship especially on the pitching side ....

155 inn, 170 ks, 3.40 era, 1.17 whip

230 AB .780 ops 11 HR

120ip, 90 k's, 1.6 Whip, 5.2 era and a stint at AAA.

Hitter will be like 320 OBP, 2 HR, 12 steals, and 20 runs.

I'm in round 9 of a 12 team slow draft CBS league.  But we are weekly lineups which seems to neuter his value but now I'm kind of intrigued by him at this point

I'm in round 9 of a 12 team slow draft CBS league.  But we are weekly lineups which seems to neuter his value but now I'm kind of intrigued by him at this point
Can only consider him a SP in weekly leagues. I actually think he's a decent buy-low in round 9 thanks to his horrid spring. What other SPs are still out there?

Can only consider him a SP in weekly leagues. I actually think he's a decent buy-low in round 9 thanks to his horrid spring. What other SPs are still out there?
Luis Castillo, who'll take over him if he's there.

Berrios, Wood, Arrietta, McCullers, Stroman and Price all in his general tier

Luis Castillo, who'll take over him if he's there.

Berrios, Wood, Arrietta, McCullers, Stroman and Price all in his general tier
I dont know. Luis Castillo is a non-prospect who suddenly had a small sample size of success in MLB last season. Ohtani is supposed to be one of the greatest international FA ever and suddenly had a small sample size of failure in MLB. I'd probably lean towards the guy people compare to Babe Ruth.

I also stink at fantasy baseball and love to take a gamble, so take it with a grain of salt.  :D

I dont know. Luis Castillo is a non-prospect who suddenly had a small sample size of success in MLB last season. Ohtani is supposed to be one of the greatest international FA ever and suddenly had a small sample size of failure in MLB. I'd probably lean towards the guy people compare to Babe Ruth.

I also stink at fantasy baseball and love to take a gamble, so take it with a grain of salt.  :D
the biggest concern to me with Ohtani the pitcher is the elbow.  I just hate drafting guys with injuries, you get enough during the season without buying them.

the biggest concern to me with Ohtani the pitcher is the elbow.  I just hate drafting guys with injuries, you get enough during the season without buying them.
He's probably more the exception than the rule, but Tanaka's elbow has been doomed to explode for about 3 years running now and it hasn't happened yet.

Pretty happy with his performance yesterday, especially considering I'm invested at pre-spring training prices.

Is the plan that every Sunday will be :excited: htani Day? If so, I like it!

laced two more singles . 3-4.

First player since 1921 to have first MLB start be a win, and then in his next game as a non-pitcher, hit a HR.   Babe Ruth

I’m trying not to get too excited as an Angels fan- outside of Trout we’ve had so many  frustrating seasons. 

But damn, I’m in love. 

So now Ohtani has joined the ranks of Bronson Arroyo and Don Newcombe by homering more times than homers allowed in the opening week.

I am projecting this continues.

Users who are viewing this thread