What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRADE THREAD- President Trump signs Phase One of China agreement, China promises to double its purchases in 2020 (2 Viewers)

Oldsmobile was shut down in 2004. GM announced that Pontiac would be shut down in 2008.

Also, Mercury was owned by Ford, and Ford did not accept any money from the government.

Also, Donald Trump has made exactly ZERO attempts to bring back any of those brands. Some savior, huh?
I forgot about Hummer   

I wish I could still fly Continental, USair, Northwest, AirTran...

Under Obama’s watch we had a mass extinction of so many major brands and businesses. 

A big reason why we went the MAGA direction in 2016 and under Trump’s leadership our country is in the middle of a complete renaissance.  

Oldsmobile was shut down in 2004. GM announced that Pontiac would be shut down in 2008.

Also, Mercury was owned by Ford, and Ford did not accept any money from the government.

Also, Donald Trump has made exactly ZERO attempts to bring back any of those brands. Some savior, huh?
I forgot about Hummer   

I wish I could still fly Continental, USair, Northwest, AirTran...
GM tried to sell Hummer in June 2008. The effort was a failure and the brand was discontinued.

Continential, US Air, Northwest and AirTran merged with United, American, Delta and Southwest. That's just beautiful capitalism at work.

(Also, all those airlines lost business in the 2000s because a Republican president failed to stop 9/11.)

Also, "we had a mass extinction of businesses" is pretty much a complete contradiction of "we now have the best economy ever".

President Trump is proving that Obama was right when he got rid of all those extraneous brands. The economy is doing even better without them. Thanks Obama!

Also, "we had a mass extinction of businesses" is pretty much a complete contradiction of "we now have the best economy ever".

President Trump is proving that Obama was right when he got rid of all those extraneous brands. The economy is doing even better without them. Thanks Obama!
Or what’s really happening:

The businessman we hired to fix this mess is making chicken salad out of chicken ****.  Small business is flourishing, start ups are blossoming, and major corporations are recovering due to an injection of capital from tax cuts and removal of onerous and business killing regulations.  

The businessman we hired to fix this mess is making chicken salad out of chicken ****.  Small business is flourishing, start ups are blossoming, and major corporations are recovering due to an injection of capital from tax cuts and removal of onerous and business killing regulations.  
In other words, the economy is better off without all those businesses that Obama destroyed.

You're not helping your argument here.

In other words, the economy is better off without all those businesses that Obama destroyed.

You're not helping your argument here.
Not at all.  DESPITE Obama’s foibles our TRUMP is completely out kicking the coverage.  The death of so many airlines caused airfare to skyrocket.  

According to the Institute for Supply Management, the tax cuts and regulatory changes have had very little impact on capital decisions.

Among Manufacturers who reportedly planned to increase capital spends back in December 2018, only 4.4% cited regulatory reform as the reason and 7.4% cited tax cuts. Those who said they would cut back their capital spend, 17.6% cited uncertainty about trade policy as the reason for the planned cuts. All of this BEFORE the current trade war with China.

What Trump hath given, Trump hath also taken away.

[scooter] said:

While we’re at it can we bring back eight track cassettes?

China ramping up the tough rhetoric. They are not reacting to the tariffs in the way President Trump predicted they would. 

The markets are reacting accordingly...

Repost?

Trump is screwing up the beer industry...as predicted.

U.S. Beer Industry Blames Trump Tariffs for 40,000 Job Losses

Aluminum tariffs are increasing brewers’ costs and are an anchor on a vibrant industry,” Jim McGreevy, the chief executive officer of the Beer Institute in Washington, said in an emailed statement. “Each brewer is deciding for themselves how to absorb that expense, whether it’s raising prices, laying off workers or delaying innovation and expansion.”

So in his impromptu ramble yesterday Trump assures everyone that there’s going to be a quick deal with China- and once again, all the day trader experts predict this morning that the market will rise based on his remarks. 

Early on, however, that hasn’t happened. It may still, but maybe some of these guys have figured out that Trump’s promises aren’t worth too much? 

So in his impromptu ramble yesterday Trump assures everyone that there’s going to be a quick deal with China- and once again, all the day trader experts predict this morning that the market will rise based on his remarks. 

Early on, however, that hasn’t happened. It may still, but maybe some of these guys have figured out that Trump’s promises aren’t worth too much? 
“There's an old saying in Tennessee— I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

Though Trump has found a group that continues to get fooled again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haven't we passed this point yet?

It's like buying a lottery ticket and fantasizing about what you are going to do with all of that money although winning is "improbable".  I don't get it. 
I mean we're almost a year into this trade war that Trump keeps promising a "quick" deal. He's got a different definition of "quick" than I do. I guess it just to his usual M.O. - keep repeating it and his followers believe it.

Haven't we passed this point yet?
Yes but Trump needs to run out the clock for 18 more months, so he'll be saying "quick deal with China!" every 2 weeks in an attempt to fool voters, farmers, and all those businesses who are losing billions of dollars.

Can you post a summary?  I am not surprised even a little bit.
This link should work for a bit.

But, essentially, these tariffs are putting pressure on their currency to weaken further.  Previously, China has intervened to keep it from crossing 7 (most notably in 2016).   This would of course make imports more expensive/exports cheaper. The downside would be potentially more capital outflows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to see heads explode?  Watch China dump the $1+ trillion US debt they own.  That would be a significant impact to the value of the dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread