Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
timschochet

TRADE WAR discussion thread

Just now, jamny said:

:lmao: A throwaway line gets so much attention. 

oh your entire post was ridiculous, but that part especially

• Like 1

Just now, joffer said:

oh your entire post was ridiculous, but that part especially

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, jamny said:

:lmao: A throwaway line gets so much attention. 

It was mostly ignored by almost all that read your OP, including me. After someone posted about that specific line, myself and others jumped in.

I agree, insanity that some people wanted to discuss it on a message board designed to discuss things. 

Live and learn. I was asked a direct question and took the time to reply. Instead of saying he disagreed with it but thanks for the reply, it gets ridiculed by him.

I should have known better and just ignored it. Carry on.

20 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

:lmao: Tariffs could have an impact (they do) but they almost haven't had any so far but just in case they do we're going to wait until after Christmas.   :lmao:What a nincompoop. 

Trump tariff policy is similar to me cleaning my kitchen.   Both equally lazy and without thought

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

How can we expect anything of real value to come out of these negotiations when the main bargaining chip gets pulled back so Christmas sales aren’t hurt. Total joke.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think some are confused at what a sense of humor is.  If something thinks they are funny it does not mean they have sense of humor.

"You can only get away with (shooting Hispanic immigrants) in the panhandle!"

Funny guy. <_<

26 minutes ago, The General said:

How can we expect anything of real value to come out of these negotiations when the main bargaining chip gets pulled back so Christmas sales aren’t hurt. Total joke.  

So, I was going to talk about this and what it looks like from China's perspective.  He might as well be playing Hold 'Em with his cards sitting face up on the table :mellow: 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, The Commish said:

So, I was going to talk about this and what it looks like from China's perspective.  He might as well be playing Hold 'Em with his cards sitting face up on the table :mellow: 

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of our trade deals with China. I'm sure there are some aspects that can be negotiated better.

I have no faith that this guy is capable of doing it.

More importantly to me is I know for a fact we won't get the truth out of him when it gets settled.

Just now, The General said:

I'm not going to pretend to know the ins and outs of our trade deals with China. I'm sure there are some aspects that can be negotiated better.

I have no faith that this guy is capable of doing it.

More importantly to me is I know for a fact we won't get the truth out of him when it gets settled.

I'm talking about what everyone can see in front of them.  We don't need to know the ins/outs of the deal itself.  For example, if you were China and you saw that Trump had said he was going to hold off on more tariffs simply because it was bad timing and would hurt Christmas sales, what would you be thinking?

Me?  I'd be thinking, "oh....this isn't a fight he wants to have unless it's convenient to him" and "my practices only seem to be a big deal when it's convenient to him"  Knowing this, how could I take anything he says seriously knowing his term is probably up in 18 months?

5 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I'm talking about what everyone can see in front of them.  We don't need to know the ins/outs of the deal itself.  For example, if you were China and you saw that Trump had said he was going to hold off on more tariffs simply because it was bad timing and would hurt Christmas sales, what would you be thinking?

Me?  I'd be thinking, "oh....this isn't a fight he wants to have unless it's convenient to him" and "my practices only seem to be a big deal when it's convenient to him"  Knowing this, how could I take anything he says seriously knowing his term is probably up in 18 months?

It does certainly appear that way.

I seriously thought it was an Onion article at first when I saw the tariffs were postponed due to Christmas.

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

Sure, when you have lots of excess reserves to spend....

couple of trillion in t bonds as it happens.

No one saw that coming....

The job of President is so beyond Trump’s aptitude and ability.  He simply isn’t equipped to do the job.  

He’s going to get crushed next year.  His whole administration is and has always been a house of cards.  

8 hours ago, zoonation said:

The job of President is so beyond Trump’s aptitude and ability.  He simply isn’t equipped to do the job.  

He’s going to get crushed next year.  His whole administration is and has always been a house of cards.  

How?  He has legions that want to hear nothing other than the BS generated by him and the state media.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

How?  He has legions that want to hear nothing other than the BS generated by him and the state media.

Unless the economy tanks before the election I'm with you on this one.  If everything stays the course then Trump wins and probably pretty easily.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Unless the economy tanks before the election I'm with you on this one.  If everything stays the course then Trump wins and probably pretty easily.

he barely won in 2016 and his approval rating is down across the board, especially in the states he needs.  there's no way he does better (popular or electoral) than 2016.

Edited by joffer
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, joffer said:

he barely won in 2016 and his approval rating is down across the board, especially in the states he needs.  there's no way he does better (popular or electoral) than 2016.

I haven't seen a candidate yet that will give him solid competition though.  I hope someone better comes along because I'm tired of Trump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joffer said:

I think the plan once again is to get some help from Vlad.  even if it takes changing some votes, whatever it takes.  then he can be President until we get it all figured out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't seen a candidate yet that will give him solid competition though.  I hope someone better comes along because I'm tired of Trump.

almost any American would be better than him.  pick one out of a hat.  Hillary got more votes than he did FFS

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

i think anyone but Hillary would beat him.  Bernie/Warren will be close but i'd still favor them slightly.

17 minutes ago, joffer said:

:wall:  @timschochet alias? 

3 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

:wall:  @timschochet alias? 

no. 

oh wait, i've changed my mind....he's gonna win in 2020.  we're screwed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sammy3469 said:

“I never said China was going to be easy”

:lol:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore-we win big. It’s easy!

1 minute ago, Slapdash said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore-we win big. It’s easy!

WUT

• Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

WUT

"I'll trade you my Steve Garvey baseball card for your Rod Carew."

"No"

"I win!!"

• Laughing 2

38 minutes ago, joffer said:

love the (USA)

Hey, he figured out parentheses...quite the accomplishment.

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Maybe someday you will learn how to edit your posts. That will be quite the accomplishment. :thumbup:

Edited by John Blutarsky

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Coming next week:

”you’re president (me)...is awesome!  Just ask him (me)”

26 minutes ago, joffer said:

Coming next week:

”you’re president (me)...is awesome!  Just ask him (me)”

though, he would probably revert a bit...

"you're president (me)...are awesome!!  Just ask him (me}"

3 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

"I'll trade you my Steve Garvey baseball card for your Rod Carew."

"No"

"I win!!"

:lmao:

I think you won the political subforum for today with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, timschochet said:

So his usual M.O.  Start a fight over something real or imagined, commit an insane amount of resources towards it, and then back down?  I don't know.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So his usual M.O.  Start a fight over something real or imagined, commit an insane amount of resources towards it, and then back down?  I don't know.... 

You forgot to add claiming a win after backing down

• Thanks 2

I saw this report on Facebook this morning from a local sales company.

"I know people are shocked by the recent government reports on corn and beans . Since the 20th of July my travels have taken me to central Wisconsin all of the eastern half of Iowa most of Illinois and today I was in Missouri. As a person who was in the seed business for over 30 years I should know a little something about corn and beans and all I can say is I have no idea what the government is looking at and how they came up with these acres and big yields, I am clueless. In general it is the worst looking crop since 2012.  Nearly every cornfield has issues from yellow spots, drowned out spots, and lots of late planted corn which today I saw in Missouri that still has not tasseled.  Beans have not bushed out and I saw lots of beans on 15 in rows today that have not canopied. My contacts tell me South Dakota is a mess and Nebraska Isn't perfect, the only place I have heard about good corn is Kentucky and NE Kansas and those states never count when it comes to corn. Clearly something is wrong with the governments guesses. I think it is time for congress to stop investigating collusion and start investigating why every crop report since 2013 HAS BEEN BEARISH, every single one has driven down prices. Remember 19.4 million acres did not get planted this year, that is 17 million more than last year and a lot of what got planted got mudded in then the weather changed from floods to drought, this crop has taken a big hit. In my opinion the acres aren't there, the crop isn't there, and it isn't coming."

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The General said:

He had to have this pointed out to him? 

:lmao: Good lord. We're doomed.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I saw this report on Facebook this morning from a local sales company.

"I know people are shocked by the recent government reports on corn and beans . Since the 20th of July my travels have taken me to central Wisconsin all of the eastern half of Iowa most of Illinois and today I was in Missouri. As a person who was in the seed business for over 30 years I should know a little something about corn and beans and all I can say is I have no idea what the government is looking at and how they came up with these acres and big yields, I am clueless. In general it is the worst looking crop since 2012.  Nearly every cornfield has issues from yellow spots, drowned out spots, and lots of late planted corn which today I saw in Missouri that still has not tasseled.  Beans have not bushed out and I saw lots of beans on 15 in rows today that have not canopied. My contacts tell me South Dakota is a mess and Nebraska Isn't perfect, the only place I have heard about good corn is Kentucky and NE Kansas and those states never count when it comes to corn. Clearly something is wrong with the governments guesses. I think it is time for congress to stop investigating collusion and start investigating why every crop report since 2013 HAS BEEN BEARISH, every single one has driven down prices. Remember 19.4 million acres did not get planted this year, that is 17 million more than last year and a lot of what got planted got mudded in then the weather changed from floods to drought, this crop has taken a big hit. In my opinion the acres aren't there, the crop isn't there, and it isn't coming."

Sounds like he was driving by the fields near me.  They look bad this year, sucks because I use Propane to heat my home.  I'm guessing Propane is going to go up as farmers are going to be using a lot to dry this late maturing corn.

4 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

:lmao: Good lord. We're doomed.

“Hmmm Tim Apple I never considered the most successful and innovative company in the US over the past 20 years would be negatively impacted by my trade war”

• Laughing 3

16 minutes ago, The General said:

He's the smartest guy he knows...this may be the reason that surrounding himself with the "best" people has turned out not to actually be what most people would call the "best", but that's another issue...

1 minute ago, yak651 said:

Sounds like he was driving by the fields near me.  They look bad this year, sucks because I use Propane to heat my home.  I'm guessing Propane is going to go up as farmers are going to be using a lot to dry this late maturing corn.

The crops look pretty terrible just about every in the Midwest.  I'm not sure how prices are so low yet.

42 minutes ago, The General said:

To be fair, he does think China is ultimately paying the tariffs, so yes.

Edited by The Commish
  • Laughing 1