What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 40 Beavis and Butthead - One liners (1 Viewer)

LoadLetterPaper

Footballguy
On March 8, 1993, music video criticism leveled up: Beavis and Butt-head premiered on MTV. Created by Mike Judge, the show grew out of a short called "Frog Baseball," which was part of the Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation and aired on MTV's cutting-edge, cartoon-centric Liquid Television.

The full-length animated episodes generally revolved around the ne'er-do-wells getting into trouble at school, at work and in their neighborhood. But what made Beavis and Butt-head so special was the show's music video commentary. The metalhead pair was brutal toward the declining hair metal bands (and some of the weirder alternative rock popular at the time) but relished the times when AC/DC, Metallica and other "cool" bands appeared on TV. Really, the pair verbalized all of the snarky comments music fans were thinking when watching videos, but had the decency not to speak out loud.

Incredibly enough, Beavis and Butt-head was credited with helping White Zombie break in the U.S.; the duo especially dug "Thunder Kiss '65." On the flip side, the show's criticism of Winger (uncool neighbor Stewart wore the band's T-shirt, and the duo had some choice words to say about "Seventeen") endured well after the series ended. Kip Winger did bury the hatchet back in 2011, however.
"I found Mike [Judge] and told him I wanted to clear the air," he said in 2014. "I never tried to sue MTV or Mike, I never had a problem with the cartoon. I mean, it was David and Goliath, really. There was nothing you could do but take it like a man. It certainly didn’t help us, I’ll tell you that. But it was a funny show and Mike’s a funny guy."

A quarter century later, much of this commentary is dated, crude and even inappropriate. That the pair kept hammering home that many of the hair metal musicians looked like women or seemed like "wusses" scans as intolerant today. But many sentiments expressed on Beavis and Butt-head remain as funny today as they were back then. Here are the Top 40 Beavis and Butt-head One-Liners -- at least the ones included in video clips that are available online.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/beavis-and-butt-head-one-liners/

:excited:

I didn’t really get the show when I was 13. Doubt I’ll get it now. I definitely pretended to like it tho- lol.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.......huh-huh............you said, "Butt".
Once, Beavis said something about "happiness" and Butthead said, "Uhh, huh-huh, you said 'penis'." I use that one from time to time.

Also, not a line, but I remember one of them would sometimes have his hand down the front of his pants while they were sitting on the couch then they'd cut to a clip of whatever they were watching on tv, then back to them and he was smelling his hand. :lmao:

#1 in that article is a great one.. "Damn it, Pantera, this beer is warm! Get me another one!" 

My favorite non-video line might be when they go to the army recruiting office. The recruiter pitching them on joining the army uses this as a carrot : "I can probably get you stationed at Fort Dix...."

To which Butthead replies : "Is that anywhere near Fort Nuts?" 

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a one liner, but "I've never seen that drummer before in my life!" never fails to crack me up.  The whole segment is great.
That's what I came here to post.  My all time favorite.

Can't watch video's at work, so I don't know if someone already posted, but my favorite actual one liner, that I more frequently than I would like to admit, have to stop myself from using as a 40 something year old dad, "if I could move my arm that fast, I'd never leave the house!"

I didn’t really get the show when I was 13. Doubt I’ll get it now. I definitely pretended to like it tho- lol.
We watched every episode pretty much a hundred times.  Those were my prime years too.  The video's were great.  I need to download the entire series with videos somehow.

We watched every episode pretty much a hundred times.  Those were my prime years too.  The video's were great.  I need to download the entire series with videos somehow.
Per the Wiki, 8 seasons of 222 episodes at 5-11 minutes a pop. So anywhere from 19-41 hours of content. In SD, so I'm sure you could torrent the series and just crank it out in sessions. I was in grade school when the first run was live, I think I might revisit. 

I have the torrent with everything. Every episode, commercial, the movie, every appearance on another MTV show (like celebrity deathmatch), interviews, specials, etc. It's uncensored and has all the original music videos, most of which you can't find on DVD due to licensing. Google the king turd collection. 
:wub:

Bless you.

"Are you threatening me?!?"
Not necessarily a quote but the scene in the beginning of "Cornholio" when Beavis is ripping through the junk food in Stuart's kitchen cabinets and start spazzing out always gets me. As well as the scene in the classroom when he's making the random "sugar rush" sounds before becoming Cornholio.

Another one I always liked was when they were flipping through the channels and came across the kids show when "Barney" takes the cake out of the oven without mitts and lights himself on fire to the horror of the singing kids. I'm pretty sure that one clip ended up getting banned in reruns.

I have the torrent with everything. Every episode, commercial, the movie, every appearance on another MTV show (like celebrity deathmatch), interviews, specials, etc. It's uncensored and has all the original music videos, most of which you can't find on DVD due to licensing. Google the king turd collection. 
What's the size? *heh heh heh*

I'll send you a drive to burn it to. For reals

Edit I just read your last sentence

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find it online but there's also an exchange they have about their favorite Charlie Brown character.

Beavis likes the guy with the blanket, Penis.  Butthead corrects him, no you're thinking of the one that plays the piano, Choader.  Beavis: that's not cool to call him penis.  No you idiot, that's what you call someone who plays the piano.  He's a penis.

I saw a girl wearing a Beavis and Butt Head shirt at Launch trampoline park this weekend.  It was epic.

"Beavis, your balls are filthy.  Go to the ball washer, now."

"Boy I'll tell ya what, Dusty.. I felt like a one-legged cat tryin' to bury turds on a frozen pond out there today."  

Users who are viewing this thread