What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Matthews Value? (1 Viewer)

FuriousD

Footballguy
What does everyone think about Jordan Matthews value moving forward? I know he's a free agent  and depends on where he lands, but do you think his injuries are behind him and he will return to form from a couple seasons ago?  I've got a trade offer for him, but am hesitating on pulling the trigger.
Peace.

Not a game changer for your team in any way.  Just depth.  I wouldn't give up much for him.  You can always find a WR that will put up those numbers.

They are offering me the 2.12
I'd take the pick.  There's always a chance he makes a complete recovery from injury and signs into a good situation.  He's young enough and produced good number his first two years but I wouldn't hold my breath.  The Eagles gave him up on him cheap at the beginning of the season.  In this draft, you should be able to get a pretty good player at 2.12 - guys like Auden Tate or Anthony Miller could be there and I think they have more upside.

In an ideal landing spot I dont think he moves beyond wr2 in fantasy. He will be a better piece to an nfl offense than to your fantasy team. I would hold until you know the landing spot. He could be a steal for wr2 value (unless you have salary cap constraints). 

With all the injuries and surgeries if you can find a better trade down the road I would take it. Find a younger/healthier wr. 

I thought this blurb was interesting about his injury:

Speaking Tuesday, free agent Jordan Matthews said "bad diagnoses" while he was with the Eagles compounded his knee and ankle issues.

"I thought they were both things that were going to heal on their own," Matthews said of his 2016 injuries. "But once I got around Buffalo's doctors, they got me in touch with the right people and then I got really good feedback." Matthews underwent operations to correct both issues in Dec. 2017. He believes he's on his way back to full health. Matthews seems unlikely to re-sign with the Bills. Mar 6 - 6:57 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9420/jordan-matthews

Users who are viewing this thread