What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First album you ever bought. (1 Viewer)

jamny

Footballguy
Probably album for most of us, CD for some others.

First one I ever bought was Zeppelin III

My friend had Zeppelin IV and after I heard it I had to have it. I went to the record store and all they had was III, so I bought it.

Still my favorite Zeppelin album.

I remember the first album I tried to buy with my own money was Queen's News of the World, but my dad vetoed it due to the cover.
I can't remember exactly what my second choice was that day, it was either Barry Manilow Live or Bay City Rollers' Greatest Hits.  Those are the two earliest I remember owning.  It was 1977.  I still have all three albums stored away.  Talk about different styles of music.

I do know that my first record I ever owned was the single I Say a Little Prayer by Dionne Warwick.  I played that thing to death on a little portable record player that I owned.  In the linked video, the 45 shown at the 06 second mark looks exactly like the one I owned.

Went 50/50 on the Boogie Boys album with a buddy.

First tape bought by stepmother was Seven and The Ragged Tiger.

First tape purchased with my own cash was either 1999 or Like a Virgin.

Last edited by a moderator:
First tape--Michael Jackson bad, First CD-depeche mode 101 from the Rose Bowl concert--shortly followed by GNR's appetite for destruction. 

Pat Nebatar - Seven the Hard Way (cassette)

I think I followed this up with the Top Gun soundtrack (also cassette)

First CD: Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits.

Second CD: Skinny Puppy’s Mind the Perpetual Intercourse

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (on tape).  I remember hearing Rebel Without A Pause on the radio for the first time and went crazy.
I hate all you guys.  Listening to Fly Girl on you tube all night now.  Nation of Millions record was one of the first I listened to.  Cousin Noelle's,.  Also Whodini's Escape.  Remember being fired up for Whodini's Funky Beat on BET.

When I was real young my parents bought me weird Al cassettes, and I remember having MJs Bad cassette. 

First album I bought...The Chronic

With my own money? I'm pretty sure it was Shinin' On by Grand Funk. though it could have been Fresh by Sly & The Family Stone. I already had a bunch of others, but they were given to me by either my mother, her hippie sister, or through deft, extremely complex comic-book-for-music trades.

My mother gave my sister and I about $15 to each get 1 album.  I knew that I wanted KISS Alive II.  She was dead set on Shaun Cassidy.  After much negotiation, and ridicule, I coaxed her into getting Arrosmith’s Toys In The Attic.  So I essentially got 2 albums that day and she cried until my mother went back to the store and got Shaun Cassidy.  I think I later broke that album because I felt it was better served as a frisbee.  

I remember the first album I tried to buy with my own money was Queen's News of the World, but my dad vetoed it due to the cover.
I can't remember exactly what my second choice was that day, it was either Barry Manilow Live or Bay City Rollers' Greatest Hits.  Those are the two earliest I remember owning.  It was 1977.  I still have all three albums stored away.  Talk about different styles of music.

I do know that my first record I ever owned was the single I Say a Little Prayer by Dionne Warwick.  I played that thing to death on a little portable record player that I owned.  In the linked video, the 45 shown at the 06 second mark looks exactly like the one I owned.

Kinda similar for me

I remember asking my parents to buy me that Barry Manilow album along with the music of Peanuts (Vince guaraldi), but I didn't physically go to a record store until later. I was 6or7.

When I was 10 and visiting with my grandparents in FL, they took my older brother and I to the mall where we beelined to a record store. These were the first three albums I selected myself in a store:

Queen- live killers

Kansas- point of know return

Kraftwerk- trans Europe express

First two were radio favorites, but no idea where I heard kraftwerk-. I played piano, so maybe through that, or my older brother told me about them, or just the cover caught my eye. Still is my favorite of that group and one of my favorites in general 

I mostly borrowed my sister's albums until she went to college (she's 3 years older than me) and i recorded a lot off the radio. 

First I bought was U2 War. 

First album (cassette) I remember getting as a gift, Cooleyhighharmony, Boyz II Men. 

First CD: red hot chili peppers, what hits!?

Quiet Riot - Mental Health

Had to hide it from my parents because of the song, "Love's a #####".
This was one of the first album's my mom bought for me.  She bought me all the Ozzy records for Christmas before the Quiet Riot.  I still love it to this day.  

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back (on tape).  I remember hearing Rebel Without A Pause on the radio for the first time and went crazy.
Another one I loved and one of the first I owned.  I think either Run DMC or Led Zep II was the first one I purchased with my own money. This had to be in 84 or 85 fwiw.

My parents bought me a Technics turntable for my birthday and we set it up in my room.  It was the coolest thing in the world for me to have a record player in my room.  I went to the mall with my dad and bought the first Dire Straits album. I only knew Sultans of Swing, but it turned out to be a great record beginning to end.  Also bought Cheap Trick live at Budokan that day. Late 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread