What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First album you ever bought. (1 Viewer)

Bought a few all in a bunch.  I can't quite remember now which one I actually bought first.  All vinyl albums:

Police - Synchronicity (best album ever put to on vinyl)

David Bowie - Let's Dance ("I'll give you eyes of blue; I'll give you man who wants to rule the world."  Didn't know what it meant, but sounded like it was important).

Police - Purple Rain (I can remember playing one of the songs backwards because my buddy told me it had a secret message at the end).

I wore them all out. 

First cassette tape was In Living Color.  Again, played it over and over and over.  Along with Teaser and the FIrecat, and Jimmy Hendrix Are You Experienced, two other very early purchases. 

Mentioned earlier that Carole King's Tapestry was my first album purchase - my parents had bought plenty of Bill Cosby albums from an early age, but that was the first purchase on my own.

My next four were:

James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim

Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells A Story

George Carlin - Class Clown

Toulouse Street - Doobie Brothers

The order of the rest kind of crash together.  I started hanging out with a guy in '71 that turned me onto Todd Rundgren, Yes, T-Rex, and a ton of other bands and my listening habits changed quite a bit from there.  

ETA: 1st album ever ..."Chipmunks Sing the Beatles" when I was 6.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread