What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malcolm Smith (1 Viewer)

commissionerwfl

Footballguy
So, I'm in a salary cap, IDP, contract league with 40 roster spots.  I'm really thin at LB in a must-start 4 LB each week league.  I own Lavonte David (last year of contract), Bernardrick McKinney, Jake Ryan, Nick Vigil, Jaylon Smith, Jordan Jenkins, Todd Davis, and Jayon Brown.  Malcolm Smith is sitting on the waiver wire where not much else is available.  He missed all of last year.  Any idea how he fits in current SF plans in terms of scheme with Shanahan?   Ben Gedeon and Thomas Davis are other alternatives, but not sure if they bring much more to the table than what's already on my roster.  Thoughts on Malcom Smith?

I’m pretty weak at LB in my main league and he’s sitting on my wire too so I’d be interested to know what others think.

Not sure about scheme fit but from what I can gather on fan forums, the expectation seems to be that he will start barring injury and with a cloud over Foster you’d have to think he might have decent opportunity at least this year. My fear is he’s a bit of a JAG and the Raiders didn’t seem to care about letting him go so his leash might not be long. But sometimes in IDP it’s just opportunity, not how good you actually are. 

I think he could be a sneaky depth pickup for a year at least (due to being out of sight, out of mind) and I’d say he has more upside than Davis or Gedeon (unless we get some indication that Gedeon might start).

I think he is JAG and if you need depth and have the roster spot he is fine but I wouldn't necessarily burn anything of true value to get him at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread