What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Miami Dolphins Thread*** Bye, Gase (1 Viewer)

I'm finally done. I just have to decide which team to root for now & a new name for my fantasy teams.
I've lived in Charlotte for 8 years now.  When I moved here, I really had no affinity for the Panthers despite growing up in SC.  That year Miami also played here.  They finally came back for MNF and I struggled what to wear.  Part of that is that I just don't buy new Dolphins gear/jerseys because I know that the organization has no loyalty to my favorite players  Ended up rocking my old Thomas jersey while watching the Phins screw it again.  I don't think I'll be doing that 8 years from now.

I will continue to watch with interest though...

Last edited by a moderator:
With these two out the door I guess I am OK with a rebuild.  At least it would give us a few fun months leading up to the 2019 draft instead of the 12 months of frustration we usually have.  How does the QB class look in 2019?

With these two out the door I guess I am OK with a rebuild.  At least it would give us a few fun months leading up to the 2019 draft instead of the 12 months of frustration we usually have.  How does the QB class look in 2019?

Yeah.  Would rather let the HC after Gase pick his QB with a higher pick, although I'm intrigued by the idea of Baker...

I stopped caring about this team mid season last year.  They seem hopeless.  I'd rather be a Browns fan right now. 

I used to try to avoid all fantasy players from the AFC East, and I would look for reasons to bench players facing Miami with the logic being that I play this game for fun, and it wasn't fun to root against my team.

If I had to pick "my team" it would still be the Fins, but the days of me living and dying over every first down are over.  I care way, way, way more about my fantasy teams than these putzes, and have no issue rooting for my fantasy players even when they are playing Miami.  I still follow them...just don't care all that much anymore.  Definitely done paying money for jerseys and other team swag.  I used to fly from DC to Miami for at least one game/year.  No mas.  My football money now goes toward following Dead and Company all over the world.

ETA - Didn't care even a little bit when Ajayi or Landry was traded, and cared even less when Suh was cut.  I am officially immune to their patheticness.  They can't hurt me anymore.

I’m a lifer, in for good. 

Frustated with this past season for sure, but man they were clicking in 15 (was 16 doh) before RT went down.

Also...Why is it that every year the Dolphins have issues with OL and LBs.  

I’m a lifer, in for good. 

Frustated with this past season for sure, but man they were clicking in 15 before RT went down.

Also...Why is it that every year the Dolphins have issues with OL and LBs.  
I'm with you on this.  I was born in FL, and will probably retire to there in about 10 years.  Will always remain a Dolphin fan, although I am perhaps do not have the fervor of the competitive years.  That being said, I think these moves cost on the short term but help in the long term.  Hopefully they will dominate in the years I am in retirement!

It's been tough - Dolphins are a team that struggle to reach mediocrity and then back down they go.  But it's a tough league to win in and anything can happen.  Look how the Rams and Jaguars turned it around pretty quickly.  Bad luck with injuries hurt last year, and hopefully some good players and picks bounce back...

I'm with you on this.  I was born in FL, and will probably retire to there in about 10 years.  Will always remain a Dolphin fan, although I am perhaps do not have the fervor of the competitive years.  That being said, I think these moves cost on the short term but help in the long term.  Hopefully they will dominate in the years I am in retirement!

It's been tough - Dolphins are a team that struggle to reach mediocrity and then back down they go.  But it's a tough league to win in and anything can happen.  Look how the Rams and Jaguars turned it around pretty quickly.  Bad luck with injuries hurt last year, and hopefully some good players and picks bounce back...
Rams & Jags didn't turn it around by getting rid of all the talent

1-15 to 11-5 was pretty quick.  I like Gase and am willing to go through the bumps and bruises was really excited to see how RT progressed before last season ...   

Rapoport:  The #Dolphins are planning to sign former #Chiefs WR Albert Wilson to a 3-year deal worth $24M when the league year begins, sources say.

Rapoport:  The #Dolphins are planning to sign former #Chiefs WR Albert Wilson to a 3-year deal worth $24M when the league year begins, sources say
Athletic guy with pretty reliable hands IMO. His route running is so-so though and being 5'9" his catch radius is pretty limited. Definitely exceeded expectations as a UDFA in Kansas City, and it's nice to see him get a big payday. From the Dolphins side I don't care for the deal a lot, it seems like WR2 money for someone who strikes me as a WR3 or so.

How much are we going to pay Amendola?  For a few bucks more than Wilson/Dola we probably could have just kept Landry.

Or alternatively, Wilson/Stills are each making $8mil.  Is it really better paying those two guys $16 mil than just paying that to Landry?

How much are we going to pay Amendola?  For a few bucks more than Wilson/Dola we probably could have just kept Landry.

Or alternatively, Wilson/Stills are each making $8mil.  Is it really better paying those two guys $16 mil than just paying that to Landry?
No.  But that is OK because Landry didn't fit into the "culture" Gase wants :rolleyes:  

Not to pour salt on re-open old wounds, but we could have paid Landry instead of one of Wilson or Stills, plus Andre Branch. ####.

Not to pour salt on re-open old wounds, but we could have paid Landry instead of one of Wilson or Stills, plus Andre Branch. ####.
I know Landry caught 112 balls last year, but he averaged under 9 YPC.  That's like a slow TE (Julius Thomas averaged 9.5).  Stills averaged over 14 and Wilson over 13.  Amendola over 10.  I feel like Landry is overvalued.  He is going to get WR1 money coming off a season where he averaged 8.8 YPC.  Good player, valuable player...but he isn't a $10M+ per year guy in my opinion.  I was fine with them letting him go.  They wont get 112 catches from whoever replaces him, but I bet whoever it is averages more than 9 YPC, and has some RAC ability.  Not saying its easy to catch 112 balls, but when they are 4 yard passes and you fall forward for 4 more, it doesn't really impress me quite as much as a guy who catches say 80 passes, but averages 14+ YPC.   

I know Landry caught 112 balls last year, but he averaged under 9 YPC.  That's like a slow TE (Julius Thomas averaged 9.5).  Stills averaged over 14 and Wilson over 13.  Amendola over 10.  I feel like Landry is overvalued.  He is going to get WR1 money coming off a season where he averaged 8.8 YPC.  Good player, valuable player...but he isn't a $10M+ per year guy in my opinion.  I was fine with them letting him go.  They wont get 112 catches from whoever replaces him, but I bet whoever it is averages more than 9 YPC, and has some RAC ability.  Not saying its easy to catch 112 balls, but when they are 4 yard passes and you fall forward for 4 more, it doesn't really impress me quite as much as a guy who catches say 80 passes, but averages 14+ YPC.   
My issue isn't them not paying Landry. It's not paying Landry to sign crap players. Sounds like Amendola got 2 years $12 million. Amendola plus Branch this year will be about $16 million in salary, and Branch is a situational pass-rusher who averages 4 sacks a year.

Pouncey released....that is one part of the rebuild I do not mind.  Larsen played well last year and never wore clothing about "freeing" Hernandez.

Also, Miami has signed Sitton at guard, which is actually a smart move.

So far not impressed but not disappointed either in free agency, basically been a wash. Suh needed to go for what he was getting paid, it was a dumb contract back when they signed it and didn't get better with time. I loved Landry but like Liddell said he was basically a glorified TE, now weather that was the scheme or his skill set is what we will find out. If he goes to Cleveland and catches 70 passes for 700 yards and 4 TD's like I suspect then it shows we made the right move. Amendola if he is healthy will fill 85% of his out put at less cost.  Parker needs to step up to make it work out, I don't see Wilson as more then the WR3.  Quinn is the move I like the most so far.  Hate that we lost Parkey, he was solid but you can't spend a fortune on K and they have done a decent job finding them so far.

The worse part of this is last season is living in Eagle country for me.

Finally have a good set of Guards in Sitton & Davis.

and good riddance Pouncey - bad hip & hadn’t played well in 3 yrs.

Wonder if they’ll take a look at Ryan Jensen?

Just please keep addressing the Oline

Like the moves so far

=Smackdown= said:
Finally have a good set of Guards in Sitton & Davis.

and good riddance Pouncey - bad hip & hadn’t played well in 3 yrs.

Wonder if they’ll take a look at Ryan Jensen?

Just please keep addressing the Oline

Like the moves so far
Dolphins fans actually like what the Dolphins are doing? Has to be the worst run team in the league now. :X

I like the moves...  

OL could be:              Tunsil - SItton - Larsen - Davis - James

err.. just traded for Kilgore the starting 49er center

The Miami Dolphins are trading for San Francisco starting center Daniel Kilgore. Teams swapping seventh-round picks.

Just keep addressing the Oline - loong overdue

Dolphins fans actually like what the Dolphins are doing? Has to be the worst run team in the league now. :X
Miami does this type of blowup of their talented players every couple of years.  This time, so far, they have avoided teaming it up with stupid contracts (Suh, Albert, Wallace, Ellerbe, etc) that perpetuate the cycle.  That could mean that they have learned their lesson.  More likely, it means Ross doesn't feel like stroking checks for signing bonuses if he is going to clean out the front office again soon.

I'm usually able to choke down the teal kool-aid but this offseason is completely devoid of hope or expectation.

Amplified by my living in PA and surrounded by Eagles fans. 

I'm usually able to choke down the teal kool-aid but this offseason is completely devoid of hope or expectation.

Amplified by my living in PA and surrounded by Eagles fans. 
I'm kind of excited to forego the typical 8-8 season for a full rebuild where it looks like we may at least get some excitement with a high pick in the draft a year from now.

I'm kind of excited to forego the typical 8-8 season for a full rebuild where it looks like we may at least get some excitement with a high pick in the draft a year from now.
I see Miami like the Jets of last year. Will be good enough to get 6 or 7 wins and screw the Draft pick up too.

I dunno 2016 and 10-6 wasn't exactly ions ago.  This should be the best line RT's played behind and he was doing a nice job before the knee... 

Yeah but not for a while.
Gore was pretty good last season. He did a lot considering he faced constant 8-man boxes, on a team with little passing threat. While he's not making any big plays, he's still a very solid grinder, and should be a solid mentor/COP for Drake.

Gore was pretty good last season. He did a lot considering he faced constant 8-man boxes, on a team with little passing threat. While he's not making any big plays, he's still a very solid grinder, and should be a solid mentor/COP for Drake.
Seems like a decent place for him to finish his career. I'd have thought he'd have signed in New England instead of Hill but going back to Miami makes sense on a personal level I'm sure. 

I dunno 2016 and 10-6 wasn't exactly ions ago.  This should be the best line RT's played behind and he was doing a nice job before the knee... 
I dunno, they managed a few games with Albert/Tunsil/Pouncey/James all healthy in 2016 that looked really good.  This is certainly the deepest line though, I think it will be a strength this season for once.

SwampDawg said:
Brock O. is now the backup QB, Tannehill better be upright all season.
Not sure how much different Brock will be than the three that started last year.    Like last year, Dolphins season rests on Tannehill's knee... 

Users who are viewing this thread