What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Golfers - What is your handicap? (1 Viewer)

LoadLetterPaper

Footballguy
Other than your swing  :excited:

I had mentioned I had a GHIN, in the TW thread, to much chagrin, sarcasm and delight.

I got an email today for my USGA/GHIN Handicap Update (3/15)

I figured, why not screenshot my handicap?

https://postimg.org/image/4ptj30ih1/

Sure, I haven't swung a club (sans Opitgolf) since November of 2017 (headed to Orlando for a week of golf in 2 weeks)

Last edited by a moderator:
7.7 today. Up from a low of 3.9 a few years ago. 

I could be a very low handicap or scratch if I had the time to practice and play but I don't. I rarely practice anymore. I play about 20 rounds a year and generally don't give a rip. I might shoot 71 I might shoot 90.

Biggest difference between being a really good golfer vs now is driving accuracy and short game. If you can master those parts of golf you're well in your way to low handicap

7.7 today. Up from a low of 3.9 a few years ago. 

I could be a very low handicap or scratch if I had the time to practice and play but I don't. I rarely practice anymore. I play about 20 rounds a year and generally don't give a rip. I might shoot 71 I might shoot 90.

Biggest difference between being a really good golfer vs now is driving accuracy and short game. If you can master those parts of golf you're well in your way to low handicap

I don't think I'll ever be much better than a 13

I don't really know what I'm doing, so when it goes bad, it's hard to fix.

usually seems like luck to me when I score well

Had an 84 and 85 last year.

5.2. Wish it was higher because it’s impossible to win anything net and I’m not good enough to win anything gross.

My GHIN is a 9. something. I need to go to my home course to get it re-instated for the season.  About half the rounds I play in a given year are tournament - official rules of golf.  I do post those scores without adjusting for equitable stroke control.  In those events I'm likely going to shoot 81-85.  On a normal day with friends with a gimme here and there  it might be 79-82.  Most years I'll have a few rounds in the mid-high 70's.  And it would be rare to shoot a score in the 90's, but it does happen.  My game for what it is - is consistent.  I chart every stroke from every round I play and have stats for more than 120 rounds on the Golf Shot App.  Looking at those now my DIF= 70%; GIR= 47%.  I'm thinking iron accuracy is where I need to improve this year...and putting.

Edit:  Might of been a bit Trumpish.  I see a few high 80's scores in there too from the past year.  It's still a 9 something with about 15 tournament rounds.

I don't think I'll ever be much better than a 13

I don't really know what I'm doing, so when it goes bad, it's hard to fix.

usually seems like luck to me when I score well

Had an 84 and 85 last year.
It's really simple. Practice your chipping and putting an hour per session twice a week. Practice your driver once or twice per week with the goal being hitting it where you're aiming.

Once you master those two things you'll shoot much lower scores

7.7 up from 6.4

I'm down from 50 rounds of year to approximately 10 with no practice so it's probably going to start going up now 

Fluctuate between 5-7 (summer-winter).  Got to a 4 a few years ago when I played every week, but just never practice and can’t get out enough to get over that 5 hump (which is significant). I play with a 2 and he beats me soundly 80% of the time.

Eh, it's 22.7.  Very new to the sport; could be better but for the tee box.  And putting.  But my short game is almost average!

Index is an even 10.  Used to be 7.7.  Going the wrong way.  But the course I play on is pretty tough.  I can tear up easier courses.  It's tough to shoot mid/high 70's at our track. At least for me

Was a 2.3 at the start of last summer and played just terrible golf compared to my usual.  Had difficulty breaking 80 all summer.  Just got back from a golf trip to Mesquite where I shot under 80 3 times out of 4 rounds, including at Wolf Creek, so I'm anxious for the snow to melt here up north.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Currently 20.0, lowest I've been is 17.something. I have moments of brilliance but terribly inconsistent as you would expect from a 20. I'd be at least 5 lower if I could keep the ball in play but I manage to lose 2-3 balls each round. 

I still have fun and am taking lessons so I'm hopeful I'll get better. 

5.2. Wish it was higher because it’s impossible to win anything net and I’m not good enough to win anything gross.
 Funny how that works. I haven't golfed a while, but I remember years ago I joined a league and at the beginning my handicap was around 30, by the end of the 2nd year it was down to around 21. Because I was an improving golfer I ended up winning lots of money in the 2 years I  played in that league. 

I also recall how many guys didn't keep score properly or outright lied about their scores. This seemed mostly to happen  when it came to lost or OB balls.

When I use to golf a lot I usually stayed around a 10 to 11 handicap for my local course.  Now that I'm older and have more responsibilities I have to manage my time a lot closer.  During the summer I basically have to decide on golf or fishing for my free time.  I've put most of my focus on fishing the last 5 years and only manage to get in a handful of rounds each year.  I think I'm closer to a 14 handicap now which I'm good with.

Was a 2.3 at the start of last summer and played just terrible golf compared to my usual.  Had difficulty breaking 80 all summer.  Just got back from a golf trip to Mesquite where I shot under 80 3 times out of 4 rounds, including at Wolf Creek, so I'm anxious for the snow to melt here up north.
I recently did that trip, too. Fun times. Where else did you play? We did conestoga, sand hollow, and another course I’m forgetting. 

Eta: in addition to wolf creek, of course. 

When I use to golf a lot I usually stayed around a 10 to 11 handicap for my local course.  Now that I'm older and have more responsibilities I have to manage my time a lot closer.  During the summer I basically have to decide on golf or fishing for my free time.  I've put most of my focus on fishing the last 5 years and only manage to get in a handful of rounds each year.  I think I'm closer to a 14 handicap now which I'm good with.
Golf all day over fishing. :P  

Golf all day over fishing. :P  
Sometimes I feel that way.  Fishing is my favorite thing to do though.  I got into competitive fishing the last couple years and it's changed my passion for it more.  Still love to golf though.

Sometimes I feel that way.  Fishing is my favorite thing to do though.  I got into competitive fishing the last couple years and it's changed my passion for it more.  Still love to golf though.
I hear you. I joke because I play a ton of competitive softball and golf, and we occasionally lose a guy here and there from my teams to competitive sport fishing. 

7.8 as of today.  I think when I post my first score of the year, I'll be dropping a 76 off so I should hopefully shoot up to the 8.5-9.0 range.  Much easier for me to make money as a 9 than a 7 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
being on the course.

I have never had a 'true' handicap, but will shoot between 95-105, but have been staying the the 95-99 range more.

Ha I’m learning this too. I haven’t been playing that long so there were times I was a volatile 17 with the ability to shoot an 82. Won a few big money tournaments and was a huge asset to a handicapped best ball or scramble tournament.

My last four rounds for cash games have all been in the 70s and I’ve only won money in one of those.  Used to have the mindset that if I shoot in the 70s just hand me the money. Now, not so much. Just gotta start thinking, “break 77” instead of 80.

My lowest was a 10 when I actually practiced a little.  I hit balls maybe twice a year now..just stretch and putt before the round....settled in around a 15.

I play with guys who score in the mid-70s so it feels I am worse than I am.

And I might not be playing any golf this year.  Was just diagnosed with "Frozen Shoulder" and have a few months of PT and rest and was told that I probably shouldn't play disc golf or ball golf at all this year.   ####### sucks.  :(

And I might not be playing any golf this year.  Was just diagnosed with "Frozen Shoulder" and have a few months of PT and rest and was told that I probably shouldn't play disc golf or ball golf at all this year.   ####### sucks.  :(
Ouch. This would put me into a depression. 

I recently did that trip, too. Fun times. Where else did you play? We did conestoga, sand hollow, and another course I’m forgetting. 

Eta: in addition to wolf creek, of course. 
Conestoga, Falcon Ridge, Wolf Creek, and then hit Coyote Springs on the way back to Vegas the last day.

This was the other one.  Awesome course but the greens were running at like a 5 the day we played. 

:thumbup:
Yeah.  I loved the course layout.  Really challenging and just a fun trip, but they were definitely the slowest of all the greens we played.  It made it even more difficult given that we played Wolf Creek the day before and those were rolling at least a 12.   :)

I entered a few fishing tourneys.  Actually took the fun out of fishing.  For me anyway.

I entered a few fishing tourneys.  Actually took the fun out of fishing.  For me anyway.
I can see how it does.  I like the competition.  I mostly do kayak tourneys and online so there's not a lot of pressure.  Most are month long and I can fish whenever and where ever.

Users who are viewing this thread