What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Barbacoa Street Tacos are good (1 Viewer)

When done correctly, carnitas are the best, followed closely by chicaron.  Watch out though; some places will try to pass off pork rinds instead of using real chicarones.  :X

I was in San Miguel, Mexico visiting my brother who moved there about a year ago. We found this taco stand with these two older Mexican ladies making street tacos and frying them in a pan of oil. Four tacos for $1.50. They were the best tacos I've ever had - and I've had a LOT of tacos. 

The best one of the four was the Taco de Papa - potato tacos. Holy crap. These things were amazing.

No street taco list is complete without the Mexican ladies' in San Miguel Taco de Papa at or near the top of the list.

certain places near me do certain meats better than others, but typically:

carne asada

pastor

pollo asada

shrimp

fish- depends on which place we go to

carnitas- depends on which place we go to

barbacoa- depends on which place we go to

I have a question: is it possible to get truly good tacos outside of TX, NM, AZ & Ca?

Discuss.
It didn't used to be but I feel that has changed in the last 5-6 years.  But, finding cabrito, cabeza, lengua, ojo, and some of the better options is going to require enough Mexican population to support them.  So good tacos in Chicago in 2019?  Probably.  Lincoln, Nebraska? Not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread