What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Presidential Election Thread (2 Viewers)

squistion

Footballguy
There are a bunch of separate threads for different potential candidates. But here is a central thread for general discussion, news about individual candidates, plus the overall race.

I'll start with speculation about Biden:

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/03/10/internet-reacts-joe-biden-2020.html

The Internet Is Aflame With Joe Biden 2020 Rumors

The internet is aflame with rumors of a Joe Biden run for president in 2020. If you are interested in reading what others say, below are some of the most recent articles and tweets on this topic. What do you think of Joe Biden 2020?

From Newsweek:

“Former Vice President Joe Biden and his team have reportedly toyed with a number of ways to campaign against, and beat, President Donald Trump in the 2020 election.

The perceived frontrunner for the Democratic nomination along with independent Senator Bernie Sanders, Biden could either announce his candidacy very early or later in the primary season so as to dictate the field around him, according to Politico on Friday citing people privy to Biden’s talks with aides.

Other ideas involve opting to head directly to South Carolina, instead of the first two primaries in New Hampshire and Iowa, as well as picking a running mate immediately.”

From Politico:

“Biden knows that winning in 2020 would require a shoot-the-moon set of circumstances and luck. So his team is on the hunt for a moon shot.

Between stops on his book tour and in the ramp-up for what will be a heavy midterms campaign schedule, a tight circle of aides has been brainstorming a range of tear-up-the-playbook ideas for a White House run, according to people who’ve been part of the discussions or told about them.”

From The Hill:

“Biden, who met with major donor Robert Wolf recently as speculation about his plans swirls around Washington, is actively dissuading aides and donors from speculating about his 2020 plans, urging Democrats instead to focus on retaking majorities in this year’s midterm elections.”

[...] more online takes at the above link.

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to the old thread?
I have no idea. I guess one of the mods deleted it for some inexplicable reason. The last I saw of it, the discussion topic was about Elizabeth Warren announcing she would not run in 2020. I went to do an update of that 6 hours ago and the thread was gone, and I don't know why.

Bring to my attention who I should be looking at... Republican or Democrat ... and why I should vote for them.. .. I like strong security, low gas prices, not interfering in others business, producing and not just consuming, everybody pulling their weight, accountability.... 

I couldn't care less about religion, abortion, helping drug abusers, most any social policy.. I'm tired of the leaches sucking life out of our country..

Who is my candidate?

Bring to my attention who I should be looking at... Republican or Democrat ... and why I should vote for them.. .. I like strong security, low gas prices, not interfering in others business, producing and not just consuming, everybody pulling their weight, accountability.... 

I couldn't care less about religion, abortion, helping drug abusers, most any social policy.. I'm tired of the leaches sucking life out of our country..

Who is my candidate?
Lol you don't have a candidate in 2020 in either of the major parties then. I'd say go 3rd party or just sit at home election day.

https://www.wokv.com/news/national/schwarzenegger-kasich-urge-gop-move-center-trump-era/eixqwcfflF3RfrWDE2VNuJ/

Two of the nation's prominent Republicans on Wednesday envisioned a future for the GOP far removed from President Donald Trump's Twitter blasts, where inclusiveness, a kinder tone and a willingness to work with Democrats on immigration and climate change shape the agenda.

"Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former California governor, and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, another moderate Republican and 2016 Trump rival, talked of the need for both parties to move away from political extremes to address issues ranging from disparity in education to those left behind in a jobs-rich economy."

I know no one else is interested in this guy running in 2020 but I now feel i have someone I can endorse. I wish I had supported him in 2016 instead of Rubio. Most of you will see Kasich as a joke but I don't care.

Lol you don't have a candidate in 2020 in either of the major parties then. I'd say go 3rd party or just sit at home election day.
You will vote for Trump, again.  No pretending.

If Trump is still in office at that point, and the GOP doesn't replace him with a different candidate, hard to imagine I'm not just voting for whoever has a (D) after their name.  Would have to be a historically atrocious candidate on the Democrat side for me to even think twice about it, and I'm the kind of voter who absolutely would vote R given a reasonable choice.  I live in one of the states where my vote doesn't matter anyway, though.  :shrug:

He was better than Nagin (had to be), but New Orleans is still one of the worst run cities in America. We just had a sewage & water board scandal second only to Flynt. In debt up to our armpits. If anyone votes for a NO or LA politician, I can’t say they weren’t warned. Anyway he’s gunning for a shot in the next administration, he’s hit a dead end politically here just like his father who ended up running HUD.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
That makes it easier for you.
Of course.  I am just asking what you want me to support. 

Or better yet tell me one good thing financially the dems did for the middle class in the last 50 years.

Of course.  I am just asking what you want me to support. 

Or better yet tell me one good thing financially the dems did for the middle class in the last 50 years.
I was kind of kidding earlier, I was just pointing out you were distinguishing new mod libs when you don’t really distinguish at all. - I’m not going to tell you who to support, it’s a question of your own values.

I was kind of kidding earlier, I was just pointing out you were distinguishing new mod libs when you don’t really distinguish at all. - I’m not going to tell you who to support, it’s a question of your own values.
I support issues.  

Single payer 

Free education

No need for more...just do these two.

The first didn't happen because dems didnt want it too

Mark blyth

Polls show there are more independents that Republicans in California and the trend may have  them taking over for the Democrats as well. Wish that would be happening nationwide...I for one am getting tired of the 2 parties.

Polls show there are more independents that Republicans in California and the trend may have  them taking over for the Democrats as well. Wish that would be happening nationwide...I for one am getting tired of the 2 parties.
Why isn't a super majority doing anything  in CA

I support issues.  

Single payer 

Free education

Mark blyth
I guess this leaves me perplexed. If the new & old style Dems have failed you on this, what are you proposing for yourself? Staying home? Voting for a far left party?

I support issues.  

Single payer 

Free education

Mark blyth
I like to see

real tax reform, were going down the wrong path will all this debt.  Everyone needs to pay more, the rich more then the middle class but more for everyone or we’re going to be broke.

real security for our schools, make them secure like the airports.

restore/add more entitlement programs, free education, increase disability payments for those on social security disability 

free trade

a national minimum wage of 20.00 per hour

increase federal gas tax our roads and bridges are in bad shape

I guess this leaves me perplexed. If the new & old style Dems have failed you on this, what are you proposing for yourself? Staying home? Voting for a far left party?
I will vote for legitimate progressive candidates no matter what party.  I am done with DINO's.  I see no point to vote for a Republican that has D next to their name.   Entirely too many of them in office now.

I would love to see Tim Cook run.  He would have as much or more foreign affairs, business, tech, LGBT experience as anyone running. 

Users who are viewing this thread