What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Presidential Election Thread (1 Viewer)

Really?

I might argue that it is more important to the success of a candidate than having detailed policy positions.
Mmm...Neither Obama nor Trump really had much successes, at least as politicians, when they first ran for POTUS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth Warren‏ @ewarren 2h2 hours ago

Last year, farmers got less than 15 cents of every dollar that Americans spent on food—the lowest amount since the Department of Agriculture began tracking that figure in 1993. My plan to break up agribusinesses like Monsanto would help family farmers get what they deserve.

Dave Weigel‏ @daveweigel 19m19 minutes ago

Beto’s NAN speech is all about racial justice: “We have a maternal mortality crisis in this country... we put more of our people in prison than any other country on the planet.”

I’ve seen Beto give this racial justice speech to very white Iowa audience, where it lands well. This crowd murmuring approvingly, often applauding even though Beto never pauses for applause

First big Beto applause is for his call for automatic voter registration across America.

More applause when Beto talks about how his Senate race helped elect black women to court seats

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1113444321267781633

Joe Biden‏ @JoeBiden 19m19 minutes ago

Social norms are changing. I understand that, and I’ve heard what these women are saying. Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That’s my responsibility and I will meet it.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1113515882960052224
Smart response.  

I think Biden is harmless in a Richard Dawson on Family Fued type of way. 

knowledge dropper said:
Smart response.  

I think Biden is harmless in a Richard Dawson on Family Fued type of way. 
I agree.  People need to get off Biden's back.  He just needs to not smell people's hair or kiss their head.   I personally don't know what the big fuss is about.

I am liking this guy better all the time...

Errin Haines Whack‏Verified account @emarvelous 21h21 hours ago

In gaggle w/@PeteButtigieg, who addressed his use of “All Lives Matter” in 2015, he says he didn’t initially realize how phrase was used to devalue Black Lives Matter, adding; “Since learning about how that phrase was being used to push back on that activism, I stopped using it.”

Watching Biden remarking about this groping nonsense and he’s doing well. He hit on some other topics and sounded pretty good. He’s still a bit goofy from time to time.

He needs to lay off the facelifts though  or whatever he’s got going on. I don’t think he can blink anymore.

Biden cracking jokes about the "inappropriate touching."  Not a great way to start out after acting like you understand the behavior was outdated and promising to listen and do better.

Between that and Sanders' very odd deflections about his taxes it hasn't been a very good week for the Dem frontrunners.
Yeah I have to admit I'm not a fan of the tax release dodges.  Just do it already this nonsense that his wife does them or whatever and that's the hitch is getting pretty old. He knew from last time this was going to be a thing he should have been ready. I'm not donating any more until they release the taxes. 

Current President’s outlook (updated)

•Asylum seekers: Animals

•Black women: Dogs

•Black athletes: SOBs

•Brown refugees: Infest

•Mexican immigrants: Rapists

•Muslims: Banned

•Syrian refugees: Snakes

•African nations: Sh**holes

•Haitians: All have AIDS

•White supremacists: some are fine people

Last edited by a moderator:
The more the merrier...he is the 18th Democrat to officially announce his or her candidacy.

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews 32m32 minutes ago

BREAKING:

Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell says he's running for president. He announced his campaign during an appearance on @colbertlateshow airing Monday night on CBS

https://cbsn.ws/2uRg1y9

The more the merrier...he is the 18th Democrat to officially announce his or her candidacy.

CBS News‏Verified account @CBSNews 32m32 minutes ago

BREAKING:

Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell says he's running for president. He announced his campaign during an appearance on @colbertlateshow airing Monday night on CBS

https://cbsn.ws/2uRg1y9
Big fan. He’s my rep and I’ve had the chance to talk with him one on one during a “town hall hike” and have heard him interviewed many times by local media. He has always impressed me, but am curious to see how he is under the microscope in a crowded field of strong candidates. 

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 6m6 minutes ago

Elizabeth Warren has rolled out a proposal to levy a 7% tax on corporate profits above $100 million, "no loopholes or exemptions," which if enacted would raise an estimated $1 trillion from the country's wealthiest businesses.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warren-targets-big-business-1-trillion-profits-tax-n993146
This feels like a tax that would be really easy to avoid with accounting tricks, but I'm not an expert in this stuff.  If there's anyone here that's knowledgeable and  somewhat left-leaning, I'd be interested in hearing some perspective on the merits of this proposal.  Of course right-leaning people can discuss it too but I kinda know what you guys will say.

This feels like a tax that would be really easy to avoid with accounting tricks, but I'm not an expert in this stuff.  If there's anyone here that's knowledgeable and  somewhat left-leaning, I'd be interested in hearing some perspective on the merits of this proposal.  Of course right-leaning people can discuss it too but I kinda know what you guys will say.
I suppose you could just break up your company into a bunch of affiliated corporations, none of which make over $100 million.

CNN‏ @CNN 45m45 minutes ago

JUST IN:

Former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld has announced he is officially entering the race for president, becoming the first Republican to challenge President Donald Trump in the 2020 race

https://cnn.it/2UDU4BT

Kamala Harris‏ @KamalaHarris 15h15 hours ago

The average teacher makes about $1,000 less than they did 30 years ago. Our teachers are underpaid, undervalued & overworked.

As President, I’ll pass the largest federal investment in teacher pay in American history to ensure they don’t have to take on 2-3 jobs to pay the bills.

The average teacher makes about $1,000 less than they did 30 years ago. Our teachers are underpaid, undervalued & overworked.

As President, I’ll pass the largest federal investment in teacher pay in American history to ensure they don’t have to take on 2-3 jobs to pay the bills.
Comedy gold here. Overworked...hell no. Undervalued? It's a job. Just like any other job. Underpaid is a separate issue. That depends on the state. Here in PA...they do just fine. 

I love this message. Hard to imagine suburban moderates not getting behind it. Teacher pay/treatment in this country pisses me off every time I think about it. If Harris is not the nominee I hope whoever is picks this up and runs with it.

I love this message. Hard to imagine suburban moderates not getting behind it. Teacher pay/treatment in this country pisses me off every time I think about it. If Harris is not the nominee I hope whoever is picks this up and runs with it.
Agreed.  The way we handle teaching in our country is a real shame.

Comedy gold here. Overworked...hell no. Undervalued? It's a job. Just like any other job.
 And just like any other job, the more you pay the better the hiring pool/retention rate.  Weird how conservatives always forget that the free market forces they wholeheartedly endorse elsewhere apply to the public sector labor market too.

Also it's not just like any other job in terms of their contribution to the collective good. They're educating our children. If you don't see the difference between educating the next generation of Americans and most other jobs, I'd say that's a "you" problem.

Underpaid is a separate issue. That depends on the state. Here in PA...they do just fine. 
Your governor proposed a $45,000 minimum salary for PA teachers, which tells me that many of them make less than that.  If you think an annual salary under $45,000 is "doing just fine," you should probably watch this exchange between Rep. Katie Porter and JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon. 

Trump co-opted this economic populist message in 2016. The Dems are taking it back, and proposing real increases to teacher salaries is a part of that.

My brother is happy to hear this. He left the lawyer profession over 2 decades ago with a huge breach of contract award to teach. He laughs at how much they pay him (over $80000 in Ohio), to work 9 months a year teaching dummies how to count. He'll still be voting for Trump, like most smart people.

My brother is happy to hear this. He left the lawyer profession over 2 decades ago with a huge breach of contract award to teach. He laughs at how much they pay him (over $80000 in Ohio), to work 9 months a year teaching dummies how to count. He'll still be voting for Trump, like most smart people.
$80,000? Okie Dokie, if you say so.

I am sure almost all of the attorneys here would jump at the chance to quit the legal profession and enter into the more lucrative field of teaching if given the opportunity. Surprised that they have not already done so, given how well your brother improved his annual salary by this career change.

I am sure almost all of the attorneys here would jump at the chance to quit the legal profession and enter into the more lucrative field of teaching if given the opportunity. Surprised that they have not already done so, given how well your brother improved his annual salary by this career change.
And you say you don't troll.

He sounds like a passionate educator. Inspiring.

That's quite good. Sounds like he would be an elementary school teacher if he's teaching people to count. Looking at the top pay for elementary teachers in Ohio though I only get to 60k. But given its Ohio one could live nicely on that.

Users who are viewing this thread