Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
squistion

2020 Presidential Election Thread

2 hours ago, [scooter] said:

If you're a Democrat, you should be concerned about the numbers in Florida, Ohio and North Carolina.

If Trump loses Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and Pennsylvania, he can still win if he retains Ohio, Florida and Arizona -- and flips NC.

I don’t think that’s right. Did you mean VA instead of NC?  Look at the snake near the bottom of This.

Edited by Juxtatarot

12 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:
2 hours ago, [scooter] said:

If you're a Democrat, you should be concerned about the numbers in Florida, Ohio and North Carolina.

If Trump loses Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and Pennsylvania, he can still win if he retains Ohio, Florida and Arizona -- and flips NC.

I don’t think that’s right. Did you mean VA instead of NC?  Look at the snake near the bottom of This.

Oops, you're correct.

So, Trump can lose Wisconsin/Michigan/Iowa or Pennsylvania/Wisconsin/Iowa or Pennsylvania/Michigan.

14 hours ago, timschochet said:

So if you are a Democratic candidate, how would you answer this question from an independent: 

“Last time around I voted for Trump. Things have gotten better for me. The tax cut saved me a little money and with the economic boom my 401k is doing very well. Why shouldn’t I vote for Trump again?” 

You serious, Clark?

- Soaring deficit

- Trade war with China hurting farmers and making household goods more expensive for everyday Americans

- Tax cuts for billionaires but most Americans got smaller tax refunds or even owed money to the IRS for 2018

- His climate denial stance, resulting inaction will cost taxpayers and companies more money than acting now

That's just off the top of my head. You can get into how he's made the world less safe - North Korea - or just their communities less safe by resisting sensible gun reform efforts. He's done almost nothing to address opiod crisis beyond grandstanding.  He's done nothing for teachers. He's botched immigration policy and reform efforts there. He's supported white nationalists, alienated our allies, and gone to great lengths to demean the office of the President.

• Laughing 1

Guy who has no shot at defeating President Trump in 2020 opens up a 32pt lead over the only person who had a chance-

Former Vice President Joe Biden has a 32-point lead in the Democratic presidential race in a Hill-HarrisX poll released Monday.

Biden won 46 percent in the poll compared to 14 percent for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who came in a distant second place.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/442310-joe-biden%3famp

49 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Are you a gambler?  

Here we go......

• Laughing 1

On 9/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, timschochet said:

I think we're looking at a blue wave this November. After that, the two key questions become, how will Trump work with a Democratic majority? And how will a Democratic majority work with Trump?

Then there are 4 more questions:  Will the Mueller investigation indict Trump, exonerate Trump, or something in between? Will there be, between now and 2020, some kind of international crisis and how will Trump respond to it? Will there be a Republican challenger to Trump in the primaries? Will a progressive or a centrist win the Democratic nomination?

Until we know the answer to these 6 questions, until we see everything play out, there's really no way to know whether or not public perception will be lasting.

😂

You even brought up the question of will Mueller indict Trump?

ETA: this is supposed to go in the Russian conspiracy thread, I'll try to move it.

Edited by Raylan

5 hours ago, Raylan said:

😂

You even brought up the question of will Mueller indict Trump?

ETA: this is supposed to go in the Russian conspiracy thread, I'll try to move it.

Why would it?  Seriously, what point do you think this proves?

Biden with commanding leads in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. 

Still early yet but if he wins all 3 this race will be over before it started. 

If you study the details behind the latest polling- the desire to defeat Trump over and above all other iasues, the strong support of black women for Biden- it’s going to be difficult to catch him. 

45 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If you study the details behind the latest polling- the desire to defeat Trump over and above all other iasues, the strong support of black women for Biden- it’s going to be difficult to catch him. 

Russia cell hasn't been activated yet

19 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

Are you a gambler?  

Not with Democrats, had kind of a bad deal here last time around.