What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump Thread (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
I think these kids deserve their own thread, particularly as I expect Mueller to charge Jared with something down the line.

Today there was some news about some improprieties with some properties owned by Kushner Cos:

https://apnews.com/002703e70347481cb993027d04f543cc?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

AP Exclusive: Kushner Cos. filed false NYC housing paperwork

NEW YORK (AP) — When the Kushner Cos. bought three apartment buildings in a gentrifying neighborhood of Queens in 2015, most of the tenants were protected by special rules that prevent developers from pushing them out, raising rents and turning a tidy profit.

But that’s exactly what the company then run by Jared Kushner did, and with remarkable speed. Two years later, it sold all three buildings for $60 million, nearly 50 percent more than it paid.

Now a clue has emerged as to how President Donald Trump’s son-in-law’s firm was able to move so fast: The Kushner Cos. routinely filed false paperwork with the city declaring it had zero rent-regulated tenants in dozens of buildings it owned across the city when, in fact, it had hundreds.

While none of the documents during a three-year period when Kushner was CEO bore his personal signature, they provide a window into the ethics of the business empire he ran before he went on to become one of the most trusted advisers to the president of the United States.

“It’s bare-faced greed,” said Aaron Carr, founder of Housing Rights Initiative, a tenants’ rights watchdog that compiled the work permit application documents and shared them with The Associated Press. “The fact that the company was falsifying all these applications with the government shows a sordid attempt to avert accountability and get a rapid return on its investment.”

Kushner Cos. responded in a statement that it outsources the preparation of such documents to third parties that are reviewed by independent counsel, and “if mistakes or violations are identified, corrective action is taken immediately.”

“Kushner would never deny any tenant their due-process rights,” it said, adding that the company “has renovated thousands of apartments and developments with minimal complaints over the past 30 years.”

For the three Queens buildings in the borough’s Astoria neighborhood, the Kushner Cos. checked a box on construction permit applications in 2015 that indicated the buildings had zero rent-regulated tenants. Tax records filed a few months later showed the company inherited as many as 94 rent-regulated units from the previous owner.

In all, Housing Rights Initiative found the Kushner Cos. filed at least 80 false applications for construction permits in 34 buildings across New York City from 2013 to 2016, all of them indicating there were no rent-regulated tenants. Instead, tax documents show there were more than 300 rent-regulated units. Nearly all the permit applications were signed by a Kushner employee, including sometimes the chief operating officer.

Had the Kushner Cos. disclosed those rent-regulated tenants, it could have triggered stricter oversight of construction crews by the city, including possibly unscheduled “sweeps” on site by inspectors to keep the company from harassing tenants and getting them to leave.

Instead, current and former tenants of the Queens buildings told the AP that they were subjected to extensive construction, with banging, drilling, dust and leaking water that they believe were part of targeted harassment to get them to leave and clear the way for higher-paying renters.

“It was noisy, there were complaints, I got mice,” said mailman Rudolph Romano, adding that the Kushner Cos. tried to increase his rent by 60 percent, an accusation the company denied. “They cleaned the place out. I watched the whole building leave.”

Tax records show those rent-regulated units that numbered as many as 94 when Kushner took over fell to 25 by 2016. [...]

I am not personally familiar with the housing scene in N.Y. but my impression was that it would be highly unusual to have a building of any size not have some rent control tenants. Seems to me a declaration otherwise is unreliable on its face and should have been subject to further examination, but what do I know.  Perhaps those in the know can chime in.

It also seems unlikely to me that New York tenants, so familiar with their rent control policies as to have them ingrained in their DNA would not have filed complaints.  Where are those filed, how maintained, and how searched to find them now?  Is this an accessible database and if not isn't it still easy to find our through Open Records Requests?

Do Tenants have some sort of advocate or ombudsmen in government, or is that left to the private sector?

Out of morbid curiosity I would have liked to have seen a survey of the employees of the contractors and the subs.  In Colorado there would have been quite a few workers or questionable provenance.  I am unfamiliar with the practices in N.Y. where I hear unions hold tighter sway, but I wonder given statements by this Administration.  I think Administrations need to be somewhat like Caesar's Wife, above reproach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not personally familiar with the housing scene in N.Y. but my impression was that it would be highly unusual to have a building of any size not have some rent control tenants. Seems to me a declaration otherwise is unreliable on its face and should have been subject to further examination, but what do I know.  Perhaps those in the know can chime in.

It also seems unlikely to me that New York tenants, so familiar with their rent control policies as to have them ingrained in their DNA would not have filed complaints.  Where are those filed, how maintained, and how searched to find them now?  Is this an accessible database and if not isn't it still easy to find our through Open Records Requests?

Do Tenants have some sort of advocate or ombudsmen in government, or is that left to the private sector?

Out of morbid curiosity I would have liked to have seen a survey of the employees of the contractors and the subs.  In Colorado there would have been quite a few workers or questionable provenance.  I am unfamiliar with the practices in N.Y. where I hear unions hold tighter sway, but I wonder given statements by this Administration.  I think Administrations need to be somewhat like Caesar's Wife, above reproach.
The article continues.  Some tenants sued (and won) and some accepted a buyout rather than deal with the hassle of the construction and/or a lawsuit.  One tenant who won a lawsuit got a year’s worth of free rent plus a refrigerator.  

One who took the buyout took $10k to go away. 

The article continues.  Some tenants sued (and won) and some accepted a buyout rather than deal with the hassle of the construction and/or a lawsuit.  One tenant who won a lawsuit got a year’s worth of free rent plus a refrigerator.  

One who took the buyout took $10k to go away. 
I see.  My oversight to think the entire article was copied over.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So weird that the weekend Trump starts screaming about Mueller by name a report detailing obvious illegal activity under state laws by Kushner makes its way to the AP.  

So weird that the weekend Trump starts screaming about Mueller by name a report detailing obvious illegal activity under state laws by Kushner makes its way to the AP.  
Trump's tweet was roughly 9 hours ago and the AP article was an hour later, which is a very quick turn around to run the story, which seemed extensively researched. So I don't think it was in response to Mueller being named by Trump in that tweet.

Now it well be that Mueller is concerned that Trump may have him removed and this could have been a shot across the bow to let him know he may have uncovered all kinds of illegal acts by the Kushner Cos that could become public immediately if the investigation is abruptly ended.

Trump's tweet was roughly 9 hours ago and the AP article was an hour later, which is a very quick turn around to run the story, which seemed extensively researched. So I don't think it was in response to Mueller being named by Trump in that tweet.

Now it well be that Mueller is concerned that Trump may have him removed and this could have been a shot across the bow to let him know he may have uncovered all kinds of illegal acts by the Kushner Cos that could become public immediately if the investigation is abruptly ended.
Yeah, I’d imagine that this information showed up around when they sent the questions for Trump.  

Just saying it’s all heating up together. 

Jared Kushner’s father met with Qatar’s finance minister three months after Trump’s inauguration—a New York City session at which funding for 666 Fifth Avenue was discussed, the company has acknowledged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kushner-companies-confirms-meeting-with-qatar-on-financing/2018/03/18/55e281ac-1e3c-11e8-9de1-147dd2df3829_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.4b4695c116e3

Jared Kushner’s father met with Qatar’s finance minister three months after President Trump’s inauguration, a New York City session at which funding for a financially troubled real estate project was discussed, the company acknowledged Sunday.

However, Charles Kushner said he turned down possible funding to avoid questions of a conflict of interest for his son, who had run the family company until he became Trump’s senior adviser. The elder Kushner said that the Qataris had asked for the meeting, and that he told them he couldn’t accept sovereign funds.

“I was invited to a meeting,” he said in a statement to The Washington Post. “Before the meeting, Kushner Companies had decided that it was not going to accept sovereign wealth fund investments. We informed the Qatar representatives of our decision and they agreed. Even if they were there ready to wire the money, we would not have taken it.”

The company said Kushner agreed to the meeting as a courtesy.

Roland Scahill‏Verified account @rolandscahill 21h

Why has the Jared Kushner security clearance controversy been completely forgotten in the last few weeks?

Joy Reid‏Verified account @JoyAnnReid 4h

Ivanka Trump claimed in an interview that it was inappropriate to ask "a daughter" to react to her father's alleged infidelity. But she is not just a daughter. She's an administration official. It's entirely fair to ask how she reacts to her father comparing his lovers to her.

Joy Reid‏Verified account @JoyAnnReid 4h

Ivanka Trump claimed in an interview that it was inappropriate to ask "a daughter" to react to her father's alleged infidelity. But she is not just a daughter. She's an administration official. It's entirely fair to ask how she reacts to her father comparing his lovers to her.
Can't duck questions like this if you want to be the nation's first woman president. Unless, of course, you're expecting it to become an inherited position.

Jared's dad is such a credible source.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/381185-kushners-father-on-family-scrutiny-we-didnt-do-anything-wrong

Kushner's father on family scrutiny: 'We didn't do anything wrong'

The father of Jared Kushner — President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser — said in an interview with The New York Times on Sunday that neither his family nor his business has acted improperly, as multiple investigations have put a negative spotlight on the Kushners over the past year.

“Go knock yourselves out for the next 10 years,” Charles Kushner told the Times. “We didn’t do anything wrong.”

The elder Kushner said the records he has voluntarily provided to investigators show that his business and his family have acted properly.

Charles Kushner went to prison in 2005 for tax evasion, witness tampering and illegal campaign donations that stemmed partly from a family feud.

He expressed hope that, with his son in the White House, he might receive a pardon, according to the Times.

However, Jared Kushner’s time in the White House has been plagued with inquiries from the special counsel, including questions about whether he discussed his business with foreign officials.

And Charles Kushner's real estate business is viewed as tainted by some investors concerned about its association with the Trump administration.

The elder Kushner told the Times that all insinuations about ethical issues concerning his business were just false inferences he attributed to political opponents. [...]

Malcolm Nance‏ @MalcolmNance Apr 5

As predicted. Kushner gave the Saudis a list of ”enemies” to arrest. Clearly Trump authorized this divulging of classified information. He also likely tasked NSA & Treasury Intel to target those Saudi civilians for MBS.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5575395/Saudi-crown-prince-brags-Jared-Kushner-handed-U-S-intelligence.html
If that happened, anyone who’s okay with it should be disqualified from public office.

When all the swamp draining is done the only question will be who was the biggest hairball in the drain.   Kushner or Pruitt

Users who are viewing this thread