What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A third professional football league? (1 Viewer)

Semi-pro ball is fun. Arena league games were fun.

Cheap tickets, reasonable concession prices, and lots of big hits. I think there will always be wealthy guys trying to make something of this.

The cheapness has an attraction. 

I don't think the wealthy understand that but think there is another league having some success, let's build on that. 

Many years ago (20?) there was a lacrosse league and a team in NJ. That was awesome. I balked at the idea but had the best times once I started going. Joe Morris and some other people sunk money into the league to try and make it a big deal and completely flopped. For $40 I'd go see the Giants, not some lacrosse teams with guys I don't know or scores I don't care about. 

Semi-pro ball is a guy thing, full of testosterone. If you've never been you should, it's fun. Lots of beer, hot dogs, grunting, and fist bumping, usually some fights too. Very much for males. I'd look crosseyed at kids going or a woman going...hard to word, but it's fun

I'm not sure week after the Super Bowl is the right timing. Give people time to miss it.  Is right after March Madness ends a better window? You've had the excitement of free agency but the draft is a month away and you're jonesing for football.

Many years ago (20?) there was a lacrosse league and a team in NJ. That was awesome. I balked at the idea but had the best times once I started going. Joe Morris and some other people sunk money into the league to try and make it a big deal and completely flopped. For $40 I'd go see the Giants, not some lacrosse teams with guys I don't know or scores I don't care about. 
Box lacrosse is a ton of fun.  Non-stop gameplay, cheap tickets, a couple beers, shoot the #### with your buddies.  It's like minor league baseball, a good way to pass the time and mindlessly cheer for the home team without really caring whether they actually win.  The Bandits do really well here locally, they average 15,000+ per game.

Users who are viewing this thread