What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MyFBG: new league import system (1 Viewer)

Simon - I am using the classic version of myfbg and have my league linked.  It is recognizing free agents but not my team.  The league is MFL - anyway you can help?

Thanks

nice job guys, this a very functional tool. My only nitpick and I may be out on my own here is that I generally don't use the projections of any of the footballguys, I use a different source that is historically more accurate. Probably impossible and not wanted to allow it to import projections from a competitor but if it could this would be a perfect tool. Other than that this thing is pretty awesome and gives you any info you'd like to know

How often and when do rosters sync automatically?  Thanks
It depends on the league provider. Different leagues clear waivers at different times; that said the goal for the majority of leagues is to sync after weekly waivers have cleared and in the early hours of Sunday.

That said, other leagues won't sync at all (e.g. best ball leagues, or leagues where the user hasn't logged in to Footballguys for at least a week)

Simon - I am using the classic version of myfbg and have my league linked.  It is recognizing free agents but not my team.  The league is MFL - anyway you can help?

Thanks
customer support is done at our help desk here: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com make sure to let them know you are using Classic

Do you have any feedback for us on the new system? Anything we can do there to convince you to move over?

nice job guys, this a very functional tool. My only nitpick and I may be out on my own here is that I generally don't use the projections of any of the footballguys, I use a different source that is historically more accurate. Probably impossible and not wanted to allow it to import projections from a competitor but if it could this would be a perfect tool. Other than that this thing is pretty awesome and gives you any info you'd like to know
Hey Aunt Jemima. You're right, that's not something we'd ever dream of doing. We believe our projections are the best in the business and we think our record shows that. They're going to be the numbers that power this tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon Shepherd said:
customer support is done at our help desk here: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com make sure to let them know you are using Classic

Do you have any feedback for us on the new system? Anything we can do there to convince you to move over?

Hey Aunt Jemima. You're right, that's not something we'd ever dream of doing. We believe our projections are the best in the business and we think our record shows that. They're going to be the numbers that power this tool.
Yes I figured that lol. It varies from year to year, I'll watch the footballguys performance in the annual fantasy pros rankings and see if they improve. You need to prove they are best in the business with some actual data/results. At the end of the day, as sweet as this toll is, it is only going to be as good as the projections that go in

Yes I figured that lol. It varies from year to year, I'll watch the footballguys performance in the annual fantasy pros rankings and see if they improve. You need to prove they are best in the business with some actual data/results. At the end of the day, as sweet as this toll is, it is only going to be as good as the projections that go in
I believe in one of my previous posts in the DD thread, it was relayed that FBG's do not participate in fantasy pros rankings. 

I too, would be interested in seeing how the FBG stack up though. 

I believe in one of my previous posts in the DD thread, it was relayed that FBG's do not participate in fantasy pros rankings. 

I too, would be interested in seeing how the FBG stack up though. 
I know some of them used to because I see them in some of the past rankings. If they don't participate any longer that is kind of silly, prove your point if you are the best. Otherwise I'll continue to not use them as I have no idea what I'm getting. I just assumed they moved down the list somewhere since I no longer see them near the top.

I know some of them used to because I see them in some of the past rankings. If they don't participate any longer that is kind of silly, prove your point if you are the best. Otherwise I'll continue to not use them as I have no idea what I'm getting. I just assumed they moved down the list somewhere since I no longer see them near the top.
FantasyPros are a direct competitor, so you can see that it doesn't make sense for us to provide content for them. We haven't done for a couple of years now.

FantasyPros are a direct competitor, so you can see that it doesn't make sense for us to provide content for them. We haven't done for a couple of years now.
in this case I'll agree to disagree, your competitors provide them projections to see how they measure up vs  the competition. Some of us fantasy consumers use those results to decide which sites we subscribe to, so I understand it is a business decision but you are missing out on potential subscriber revenue. When you say 'we think our projections are the best in the business' what do you have to back it up? Just looks like an opinion to me

in this case I'll agree to disagree, your competitors provide them projections to see how they measure up vs  the competition. Some of us fantasy consumers use those results to decide which sites we subscribe to, so I understand it is a business decision but you are missing out on potential subscriber revenue. When you say 'we think our projections are the best in the business' what do you have to back it up? Just looks like an opinion to me
Sure, that's part of the game. Not everyone will agree with us. We're just not in the business of handing out free data to competitors. When we were doing FantasyPros, we ranked very highly year on year. Any comparison algorithm measures success/errors subjectively too. Different algorithms to compare accuracy might come up with completely different results based on how they measure accuracy. Just another thing to think about here!

I gotta agree with Simon here.  FantasyPros had a great idea in creating the rankings of the rankings in order to get fantasy sites to give them rankings hidden behind a paywall.  FP leverages that to provide consensus rankings without having to provide any analysis of their own on the rankings.  If I had a pay site I wouldn't be helping with that.

As for the value of the rankings of the rankings, that's an entirely subjective measure and I don't remember seeing any meaningful discussion as to how it's done.  So you have to take any rankings with a grain of salt.  And also remember that past performance doesn't guarantee future results.  I am certainly not choosing a pay site because FP tells me that they have the best rankings -- you should be making that call on your own.

rankings aside, kudos to the developers of this tool, it is really pretty sweet. For someone like me that has 15 footballguys, 3 main event, 7 dynasty, 2 home leagues the 10 second primer is pretty damn awesome. The fact that the analysis tool also populates my opponents lineup is pretty cool. The fact you got this to interface and synch with every site I use is huge. It really is very well designed

I gotta agree with Simon here.  FantasyPros had a great idea in creating the rankings of the rankings in order to get fantasy sites to give them rankings hidden behind a paywall.  FP leverages that to provide consensus rankings without having to provide any analysis of their own on the rankings.  If I had a pay site I wouldn't be helping with that.

As for the value of the rankings of the rankings, that's an entirely subjective measure and I don't remember seeing any meaningful discussion as to how it's done.  So you have to take any rankings with a grain of salt.  And also remember that past performance doesn't guarantee future results.  I am certainly not choosing a pay site because FP tells me that they have the best rankings -- you should be making that call on your own.
I agree with what you are saying on Fantasy Pros, been playing a long time. Footballguys ranks are ok and it is a plus they have 3 sets of projections but just my opinion in what has helped me win that they are not the best. That aside I will still use this tool a fair amount. Just requires an additional check for me.

Hey @Simon Shepherd quick question - I’m under the impression that the league’s points settings are automatically imported too, is that correct? Or is there some manual clicking that must be done for that? Thanks.

I, too, use Classic.    You can convince me to move over by gaining my trust in the non-classic version, and making it more readable.

The main reason is the inaccuracy of the non-classic version.   And before you tell me to report each and every problem so you can fix them, I'll tell you that is not practical when not a single one of my 10 teams is accurate, each one is numerous ways.  For example, in one of my leagues for week 1, the non-classic 10-second primer suggested I start Seth Roberts and T.J. Jones (getting them off of waivers) instead of Adam Thielen and Julio Jones (who are on my team).  Julio was not even selected as a Flex Option.  In addition, the projections are different.  In a different league, the classic projected Stafford scoring 15.4 and Goff 14.4, while the non-classic version list them at 56.85 and 51.1, respectively.  Shouldn't both versions be using the same projections?

Also, I like looking at the rankings of each projection contributor separately.  Late in the week, Sig is more up to date with late-breaking news than David is.  So I set my lineups early in the week with David and Maurile, then check for changes which Sig might suggest if i have time later in the week.

Your icons with the team names in them, and various shading patterns (which I can't figure out what they mean) are unnecessary and distracting.   Really, does anyone who subscribes to your site need to know that Todd Gurley plays for the Rams?

It depends on the league provider. Different leagues clear waivers at different times; that said the goal for the majority of leagues is to sync after weekly waivers have cleared and in the early hours of Sunday.

That said, other leagues won't sync at all (e.g. best ball leagues, or leagues where the user hasn't logged in to Footballguys for at least a week)
I have an ESPN league that hasn't synched in over 24 hours now.  I have to manually sync all my leagues almost daily.

Ramblin Wreck said:
I have an ESPN league that hasn't synched in over 24 hours now.  I have to manually sync all my leagues almost daily.
I'm making some changes here today and I'll update you guys. Long story short: we think it's better if the leagues are synced immediately before showing you the rankings, and we think we can do this with an unnoticeable delay. So while we did sync once already automatically, we haven't been doing daily syncs (our advertised sync rate has been twice a week, to this point). And that's therefore better than us syncing automatically overnight, when changes might happen after the sync and before you visit MyFootballguys.

I, too, use Classic.    You can convince me to move over by gaining my trust in the non-classic version, and making it more readable.

The main reason is the inaccuracy of the non-classic version.   And before you tell me to report each and every problem so you can fix them, I'll tell you that is not practical when not a single one of my 10 teams is accurate, each one is numerous ways.  For example, in one of my leagues for week 1, the non-classic 10-second primer suggested I start Seth Roberts and T.J. Jones (getting them off of waivers) instead of Adam Thielen and Julio Jones (who are on my team).  Julio was not even selected as a Flex Option.  In addition, the projections are different.  In a different league, the classic projected Stafford scoring 15.4 and Goff 14.4, while the non-classic version list them at 56.85 and 51.1, respectively.  Shouldn't both versions be using the same projections?
This doesn't sound right at all. If all 10 of your teams were inaccurate, that would lead me to believe that 90+% of all our leagues for all users are inaccurate, and that's absolutely not in line with the feedback we're getting on this new system - at all. Let's do this: email me - like all staff members my email is my last name then at footballguys.com , and let me know your username and just give me one single example of something that looks wrong on the system that I can observe and fix. Both versions for sure are using the same projections, just the new system blends them into one number.

Also, I like looking at the rankings of each projection contributor separately.  Late in the week, Sig is more up to date with late-breaking news than David is.  So I set my lineups early in the week with David and Maurile, then check for changes which Sig might suggest if i have time later in the week.
Absolutely, this is possible. Hit the Points dropdown and make sure Projectors is selected, if those columns don't already show. Then you can sort by a projector's column. Alternatively, hit Settings on any screen and you can switch projections from the consensus to just one guy. You can also edit the balance of the consensus there. This is 100% supported in the new system.

Your icons with the team names in them, and various shading patterns (which I can't figure out what they mean) are unnecessary and distracting.   Really, does anyone who subscribes to your site need to know that Todd Gurley plays for the Rams?
No; but they may need to know that John Kelly does, and we should be consistent from player to player. That's the first feedback we've had on this but I'd be super keen to hear if this is something that would keep others back from switching from classic too. If I hear a few people agreeing with that then for sure we'll add a setting allowing you to turn off those colored boxes for team and positions.

There's two shading patterns. That's horizontal stripes (with blue text) for free agents and colored backgrounds for different teams. By default only your team's players are shaded, atlhough others can be selected from Settings. The 10 second primer also has a Legend button at the top to explain what all the colors etc mean. This one sounds like a "moving to a new system" pain rather than an issue with the new system. But I totally get we can make that as painless as possible for you guys too. Which screen in particular were you looking at here? Let me know and I'll add a Legend to that screen (and any similar ones) too.

This doesn't sound right at all. If all 10 of your teams were inaccurate, that would lead me to believe that 90+% of all our leagues for all users are inaccurate, and that's absolutely not in line with the feedback we're getting on this new system - at all. Let's do this: email me - like all staff members my email is my last name then at footballguys.com , and let me know your username and just give me one single example of something that looks wrong on the system that I can observe and fix. Both versions for sure are using the same projections, just the new system blends them into one number.

@Crash and Walk Away I haven't heard from you; would like to help you sort this one out! Otherwise I'll assume you're setup ok on the new system. Thanks.

I have 2 teams synced, when I try to look at the 10 second primer I only see one team and don't have the ability to choose my other team.

yes, we import everything we support and warn of those we don't (details > Import Issues)
Hey Simon, another question - would you please explain the trade feature? Does sliding the bar to green mean the trade proposal would increase your points? And the red would decrease it? Just trying it out how to best use it, it looks pretty cool. Thanks.

Hey Simon, another question - would you please explain the trade feature? Does sliding the bar to green mean the trade proposal would increase your points? And the red would decrease it? Just trying it out how to best use it, it looks pretty cool. Thanks.
Yes that’s the gist of it!

it depends on who your trade partner is too. Obviously some people have a higher threshold on trades than others. 

I’ll be open and say the trade part of this is the part I’d like to work some more on the most. Specifically i feel we need some projections that are representative of general opinion on players so we can compare how those differ from our own. But sourcing new data like that is always super tricky.

I like the new system. Thanks! 

Syncing the teams works for me. It tells you when the last update was if it was hours ago or 45 minutes ago. I’m still in control of my teams but with much more advice than ever before.  

No; but they may need to know that John Kelly does, and we should be consistent from player to player. That's the first feedback we've had on this but I'd be super keen to hear if this is something that would keep others back from switching from classic too. If I hear a few people agreeing with that then for sure we'll add a setting allowing you to turn off those colored boxes for team and positions.
Adding a vote for a setting to turn off colors/icons for players.  :)

Also, although I don't can't find it now, I was sure I had seen a post concerning including "Free agents" in the 10 second primer.  Many leagues waiver system don't allow free agent pickups whenever we'd like to.  Many owners (particularly dynasty) won't want to drop a player for a one-week rental.  But... having easy access to see free agents is highly desirable.  My request would be to have a "Include free agents" check box on the main display page.   My if-at-all-possible request would be to have such a check box (gulp) for each league on our 10 second primer page.  :)

Adding a vote for a setting to turn off colors/icons for players.  :)

Also, although I don't can't find it now, I was sure I had seen a post concerning including "Free agents" in the 10 second primer.  Many leagues waiver system don't allow free agent pickups whenever we'd like to.  Many owners (particularly dynasty) won't want to drop a player for a one-week rental.  But... having easy access to see free agents is highly desirable.  My request would be to have a "Include free agents" check box on the main display page.   My if-at-all-possible request would be to have such a check box (gulp) for each league on our 10 second primer page.  :)
All of that is on the Matchup screen now.

Heres a good way to look at the new system: did you genuinely spend just ten seconds or less on the classic primer? If so you want the 5 second primer in the new one.

otherwise you want the Matchup screen. That is insanely exhaustive with options, settings, analysis and detail.

All of that is on the Matchup screen now.

Heres a good way to look at the new system: did you genuinely spend just ten seconds or less on the classic primer? If so you want the 5 second primer in the new one.

otherwise you want the Matchup screen. That is insanely exhaustive with options, settings, analysis and detail.
Oh. I so hate it when something is already "fixed" and some idiot comes along and asks that I fix it.    I was so focused on the "Primer" page, that I neglected to look at the "Matchup" screen.  Yeah. Apologies from an idiot.  The Matchup screen is pretty much what I was asking for.  :)

Oh. I so hate it when something is already "fixed" and some idiot comes along and asks that I fix it.    I was so focused on the "Primer" page, that I neglected to look at the "Matchup" screen.  Yeah. Apologies from an idiot.  The Matchup screen is pretty much what I was asking for.  :)
No that's not idiotic at all! I think a lot of people have missed that and therefore it's on us.

One of the things I did in the last release is put links to the Matchup screen from the primer. Because I think there's a natural flow there. The primer is a condensed version of what we think. The matchup screen backs up why we think that with all the detail.

If anyone has experienced issues with roster sync, please try this again now at MyFootballguys (https://my.footballguys.com ) most screens there have a blue refresh button top right. Or, from edit leagues, hit Details > Sync Rosters.

A majority of issues have been caused by leagues being imported in draft season before all the owners in that league had joined.

I'm quite confident that this latest change will solve the majority of issues people have had.

Been out of the country (U.S.A.) for a couple weeks and haven't got to this new one yet. Will tonight. Any email that came about it, i didn't see. 
Simple to understand? Dynasty with  IDP is the only thing I play

Syncing rosters still isn't working.  I've tried the sync all.  Check old MYFBG.  Nope my roster is still wrong.  I sync just that league.   Refresh old MYFBG.  Nope roster is still wrong.  

Edit to add it looks like the yahoo leagues do not refresh correctly

Syncing rosters still isn't working.  I've tried the sync all.  Check old MYFBG.  Nope my roster is still wrong.  I sync just that league.   Refresh old MYFBG.  Nope roster is still wrong.  

Edit to add it looks like the yahoo leagues do not refresh correctly
If rosters don’t work for one of your leagues, the overwhelming chances are that it’s a league or account specific issue rather than something affecting everyone

as always, support for those kind of issues is at zendesk at sportsguys.zendesk.com

if you have classic roster sync issues I’d always advise looking on the new system for any authentication issues and also to check if the rosters are correct on the new system.

If rosters don’t work for one of your leagues, the overwhelming chances are that it’s a league or account specific issue rather than something affecting everyone

as always, support for those kind of issues is at zendesk at sportsguys.zendesk.com

if you have classic roster sync issues I’d always advise looking on the new system for any authentication issues and also to check if the rosters are correct on the new system.
Syncing for the yahoo league wasn’t working on the new myfbg either.  I don’t want to use the new system because I think the old system is way better   That’s just how I feel.  

It’s just frustrating that I have to manually sync everything multiple times a week and often it doesn’t work.  

Syncing for the yahoo league wasn’t working on the new myfbg either.  I don’t want to use the new system because I think the old system is way better   That’s just how I feel.  

It’s just frustrating that I have to manually sync everything multiple times a week and often it doesn’t work.  
Ok; I would love to help you with whatever the issue was but I need more detail than it wasn't working. This is typically why I ask for this kind of thing to go onto zendesk. I really can't fix stuff here on a conversation on the forums. Please feel free to email me too. I really want this to work for everyone but I need the info I need to fix stuff.

The new system supports automatic syncing every 24 hours.

My refrain here is always: if you think the old system is way better: why? Whatever it is you prefer about the old one, give us the opportunity to address it, if we haven't heard it already - here or in another thread.

I think we've shown in the other thread we will listen and change what we've done based on feedback. I think the delicate line is building the best system, that incorporates all the best features of classic, versus making changes that make the new system less clear or not as good, just so it's the same as classic.

I'm not sure what was done recently but, thanks.  I am in a league with 4 copies of each player and the rosters now sync for that league!  It makes life a lot easier. 

There is a minor quirk in a league or two where starting lineup requirements don't transfer over but it's not a big deal.  I can just look at the remaining players and make a decision to fill the last spot or two.

On a side note, I notice that the 10-second primer was temporarily the 5-second primer and is now back to being 10 seconds.  Whatever the name, I think that I spend more than 5 or even 10 seconds on that page.

I'm not sure what was done recently but, thanks.  I am in a league with 4 copies of each player and the rosters now sync for that league!  It makes life a lot easier. 

There is a minor quirk in a league or two where starting lineup requirements don't transfer over but it's not a big deal.  I can just look at the remaining players and make a decision to fill the last spot or two.

On a side note, I notice that the 10-second primer was temporarily the 5-second primer and is now back to being 10 seconds.  Whatever the name, I think that I spend more than 5 or even 10 seconds on that page.
thanks! Email me (last name at footballguys.com ) the leagues with those lineup issues and I can look into that; unless it's an IR spot? Which we don't support right now (but are likely to next year)

It should be the 5 second primer. If you're seeing 10 second on the new version, refresh the page, close the browser and then re-open.

Just a quick note on this: we felt the 10 second primer had actually turned into something that people spent way more than 10 seconds on! We felt a need to split that down into two screens. One which just tells you our best advice, so if that's what you want, you can grab it and set your lineups accordingly. that's the 5 second primer.

But the more detailed view - that you should be using if you're spending any amount of time on this other than just taking our best advice - is the Matchup screen. There is so much detail here. All 3 projection sets, you can edit the consensus projection balances, optimize to win percentage, view all players available to you (ie, your roster and all free agents) for any starting lineup spot, view charts for your matchup's win percentage, positional comparisons, points over time.... there's just an insane amount of stuff there. That's our most detailed view now and one we believe people will enjoy!

Bump for 2019. Anyway to have our teams automatically in alphabetical order like the classic myfbg had them?
Not sure what the default sort is, but I like being able to move them around so that I can keep the "still in contention teams" at the top later in the season.

My FFPC rookie/free agent draft happened but the results are not showing up yet in FBG. Are the new league years not expected to sync yet?

Thanks for the reply, Simon. 

Unfortunately, when I go to that site and try to log in with my FBG email address and password, it says correct. Can you IM me so I can give you my email address?
No need to signin. Just open a ticket. Signin there is for FBG staff only.

Users who are viewing this thread