What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LOL, ESPN hires Jon Fox as an analyst. Can this network get any worse? (1 Viewer)

modogg

Footballguy
i venture yes if they bring in Jeff Fisher next. But why in the world would someone think bringing on Jon Fox would be good for their channel. Unless ESPN knows something that the majority of fans don't, we simply will hear a former coach who has had the game pass him bye and who is simply not able to analyze anything in a game

"4th and goal from the 1 just before halftime in the Super Bowl.  You gotta take the FG here.  Maybe even just punt it away and live to play another half.  But whatever you do, you don't go for it here.  And you DEFINITELY don't run some kind of trick play.  No real NFL coach would do that.  Gotta take the points then try and play good solid defense and run the ball in the 2nd half.  No question".

Last edited by a moderator:
Cost me a fantasy playoff game with one of his against the grain end of game calls. I’m Down 2 with kasay kicking for carolina, who just got the ball into fg range with a tie game. Maybe 40 yd fg, time left, timeout left. I figure they run and get the ball where they want and maybe get a few yards closer and take the shot ftw. Nope, pass outside on a button hook to Steve smith, whiffed tackle and he takes it to the house, kick xp, I lose by 1. I haven’t forgotten this John fox, you’re on my $”@! list. 

"4th and goal from the 1 just before halftime in the Super Bowl.  You gotta take the FG here.  Maybe even just punt it away and live to play another half.  But whatever you do, you don't go for it here.  And you DEFINITELY don't run some kind of trick play.  No real NFL coach would do that.  Gotta take the points then try and play good solid defense and run the ball in the 2nd half.  No question".
Vintage John Fox.

The correct call is to just kneel on 3rd down and take it to the half.

Almost reminds me of when Madden ranted against the Patriots going for the win against the Rams in the SB.

i venture yes if they bring in Jeff Fisher next. But why in the world would someone think bringing on Jon Fox would be good for their channel. Unless ESPN knows something that the majority of fans don't, we simply will hear a former coach who has had the game pass him bye and who is simply not able to analyze anything in a game
probably part of a blackmail deal in his role as coke dealer for the new head of ESPN.

Cost me a fantasy playoff game with one of his against the grain end of game calls. I’m Down 2 with kasay kicking for carolina, who just got the ball into fg range with a tie game. Maybe 40 yd fg, time left, timeout left. I figure they run and get the ball where they want and maybe get a few yards closer and take the shot ftw. Nope, pass outside on a button hook to Steve smith, whiffed tackle and he takes it to the house, kick xp, I lose by 1. I haven’t forgotten this John fox, you’re on my $”@! list. 
the important thing is that you're not bitter.

Users who are viewing this thread