What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PLEASE READ (AND BUMP) - Chance's Circle of Courage Diamond and Ruby Pendant Raffle (1 Viewer)

bigbottom

Footballguy
As most of you know, my wife and I founded the Chance for Hope Foundation in 2014 to honor the memory of our son Chance, who lost his battle against brain cancer at the age of 13.  The Foundation provides free temporary housing for families of children with cancer who have traveled to the Texas Medical Center (where the #1 cancer hospital in the country and the #4 children's cancer hospital are located) to undergo cancer treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, trials, etc.).  Because of the amazing support our Foundation has received, we now have 5 separate residences providing over 1,800 nights of free lodging annually.  In addition to our housing program, we also provide meal delivery services to inpatient families on the cancer floor at Texas Children's Hospital, as well as gift card delivery for back to school and holiday drives.  To promote pediatric cancer awareness, we hold an officially-timed 5k/10k fun run each September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  Importantly, we also fund medical research  to improve treatment protocols and hopefully one day find a cure for pediatric brain cancer, which is now the deadliest form of cancer in children.  Finally, depending on the success of this year's annual fundraising event (more below), we plan to launch later this year an annual dance for teens with cancer.  More information regarding our programs and services can be found at : http://chanceforhopefoundation.org/

So with that background, our annual fundraising event is coming up on April 6th.  This is our only major fundraising event, and it is the primary funding source for all of our programming.  This year's theme is "YACHT ROCK PARADISE" and will feature the country's top yacht rock tribute band (an outfit called Yacht Rock Revue out of Atlanta).  It's going to be a blast and we encourage everyone in the Houston area to attend (Ticket Link:  https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1624874?_ga=2.195127343.2047469149.1516293354-1406204938.1500317368)

But, of course, many of our friends and supporters, including most of you hear at FBG, aren't in a position to attend an event in Houston.  So last year, we made a raffle part of our annual event and opened it up to everyone since you do not need to be present to win.  All of you were instrumental in making that raffle a HUGE success, so I am hoping/asking you all to support us again this year.  In fact, we wouldn't have reached our goal without all of the incredible support from the incredible folks here at FBGs.  Here are the details:

To all our supporters: Chance for Hope Foundation is excited to invite you to participate in our Chance's Circle of Courage Diamond and Ruby Pendant Raffle! All proceeds of the raffle will fund support services provided by our Foundation to children with cancer and their families.

Raffle Ticket Link:
https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circleofcourage

The raffle prize is a stunning diamond and ruby pendant, valued at over $3,500, custom-designed and generously donated by our wonderful friends at ACORI Diamonds & Design (CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE INFO!). A $100 contribution will secure you a raffle ticket, and a maximum of 175 raffle tickets will be sold. That means you have a 1 in 175 chance winning (or 1 in 87.5 if you buy two!).

The raffle drawing will be held at our Chance for Hope YACHT ROCK PARADISE event on Friday, April 6th, but you DO NOT need to be present to win. Up to 125 tickets will be available for purchase in advance of the event on April 6th, so don't delay and get your tickets now!

IF YOU LIVE OUT OF STATE OR ARE OTHERWISE UNABLE TO ATTEND YACHT ROCK PARADISE, BUYING A RAFFLE TICKET IS A PERFECT WAY TO BE INVOLVED IN HELPING MAKE THE EVENT A SUCCESS. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

tldr:  Please buy a raffle ticket for this amazing diamond and ruby pendant!

Last edited by a moderator:
 Because of the amazing support our Foundation has received, we now have 5 separate residences providing over 1,800 nights of free lodging annually.  In addition to our housing program, we also provide meal delivery services to inpatient families on the cancer floor at Texas Children's Hospital, as well as gift card delivery for back to school and holiday drives. 
This is amazing. You guys are every kind of awesome.

I think I won a lifetime membership to FBGs for the first Chance raffle here. 

You can direct your Amazon Smile account to funnel to Chance For Hope, too.

This is amazing. You guys are every kind of awesome.

I think I won a lifetime membership to FBGs for the first Chance raffle here. 

You can direct your Amazon Smile account to funnel to Chance For Hope, too.
Thanks so much for the kind words (and the plug)!

With the new Political Forum, I sort of feel that the FFA is a bit bifurcated.  Maybe I can temporarily rename it the Trump Circle of Courage Diamond and Ruby Pendant to justify a post over in the Politics Sub-Forum.

Bump.

That is a lovely pendant.

How hard is it to get a raffle permit?
It depends on the state.  In Texas, you can hold up to two raffles per year if you are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that has been in existence for 3 years or longer.  That is why it wasn't until 2017 that we could hold our first raffle.

It depends on the state.  In Texas, you can hold up to two raffles per year if you are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that has been in existence for 3 years or longer.  That is why it wasn't until 2017 that we could hold our first raffle.
I wonder how that happened.  I had to explain to our group that random raffles were illegal here.  I'm not sure they quite believed me until someone looked it up.

Bummed that I will be back east the weekend of the 6th or it would be a good reason to visit Houston for the first time from here in Dallas.

Keep that great light shining brother!

I wonder how that happened.  I had to explain to our group that random raffles were illegal here.  I'm not sure they quite believed me until someone looked it up.
I think the Texas Legislature recognized that there were legitimate, charitable reasons for raising money through raffles, but they wanted to be sure the organizations holding the raffles were on the up and up.  They instituted the 3 year requirement to prevent folks from organizing a 501(c)(3) for the purpose of holding raffle, immediately holding the raffle, and then shutting down the entity.

Another bump - if you haven't purchased a raffle ticket yet, please consider supporting us.

Also, if you just sent me a FB friend request, please shoot me a PM so I know to accept.  Thanks!

Bumping for the morning crowd (by the time they see this).  BB, I assume you’ll sell out the tickets, but if not let me know and I’ll buy more than the one.  And as I promised ast year, if I win I’ll donate it back to you to be raffled again. :)  

krista4 said:
Bumping for the morning crowd (by the time they see this).  BB, I assume you’ll sell out the tickets, but if not let me know and I’ll buy more than the one.  And as I promised ast year, if I win I’ll donate it back to you to be raffled again. :)  
Thanks Krista!  We sold out last year, but I never take anything for granted.  I'll keep everyone apprised as to progress.  As of this morning, we've sold 45 of the 125 available presale tickets.

Sorry it took me so long to actually buy my ticket at pledging the other day , but finally did it this morning. Happy to help, and like krista I'm donating the prize back if I somehow win. 

Also, bump back to page one. 

Mississippi - 1 ticket.

How are the other states, and district (and elsewhere) doing?

Sorry it took me so long to actually buy my ticket at pledging the other day , but finally did it this morning. Happy to help, and like krista I'm donating the prize back if I somehow win. 

Also, bump back to page one. 
If I win, I'll make a t-shirt that says "ask me about my pendant," and I'll wear both in my local Barnes and Noble (it's still a thing here) until I meet a nice lady.

Will donate and buy some raffle tickets.  If I win, it’ll go into the silent auction for Myocarditis Foundation’s gala.  Wouldn’t that be something?

Think of you and Chance often.  Amazing work.  
Paying it forward - I love it!  At $3500, that would be one heck of a silent auction item. 

Thank you for the support Ham. I really appreciate it, and am so glad to see that you are doing well.

Paying it forward - I love it!  At $3500, that would be one heck of a silent auction item. 

Thank you for the support Ham. I really appreciate it, and am so glad to see that you are doing well.
This inspired me to buy another one.  If I win, I'll donate it to the Camp Del Corazon Gala my son and I are going to April13 in LA.  It's a camp for kids 7-17 that have had heart surgeries.

Thank you for the bump booby sac!  We have sold 70 of the 125 presale tickets with 8 days to go.  If you haven't bought one yet, please consider doing so to support the cause!  (Details on the first page).

Here is the raffle link:  https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circleofcourage

Also, for those interested in seeing what is in our live auction (e.g., @krista4), here is the FB link to the live auction overview:  https://www.facebook.com/chanceforhopefoundation/posts/895732523922133

Edumicate me on proxy bidding.  I have to give you what, along with my max bid?
The trick will be finding someone who can bid on your behalf.  My wife and I run the auction with our auctioneer, so we can't bid.  @Ignoramus has come to our event before.  If he's planning on coming, perhaps he could be your proxy.  Or perhaps @cosjobs will come over for the event.  Any other Houston peeps interested in coming out?  I can guarantee you it will be the least stuffy charity gala event you've attended.

Thank you for the bump booby sac!  We have sold 70 of the 125 presale tickets with 8 days to go.  If you haven't bought one yet, please consider doing so to support the cause!  (Details on the first page).

Here is the raffle link:  https://chanceforhopefoundation.rallyup.com/circleofcourage

Also, for those interested in seeing what is in our live auction (e.g., @krista4), here is the FB link to the live auction overview:  https://www.facebook.com/chanceforhopefoundation/posts/895732523922133
P.S.  A food and wine tasting event at Gamble Family Vineyards was just added to the Napa Valley auction item.

Great cause and I happily bought a ticket.  Live auction looks great as well and wish I could attend.  

Great cause and I happily bought a ticket.  Live auction looks great as well and wish I could attend.  
Thanks so much!  We just received the piece from the jeweler. It is really stunning. 

bigbottom said:
The trick will be finding someone who can bid on your behalf.  My wife and I run the auction with our auctioneer, so we can't bid.  @Ignoramus has come to our event before.  If he's planning on coming, perhaps he could be your proxy.  Or perhaps @cosjobs will come over for the event.  Any other Houston peeps interested in coming out?  I can guarantee you it will be the least stuffy charity gala event you've attended.
I am trying to make it but not sure if we'll be able to. I have some work travel late next week that may conflict.

I am trying to make it but not sure if we'll be able to. I have some work travel late next week that may conflict.
Cool.  Hope it works out.  The Yacht Rock era spans from '76 to '84, so I think you can definitely reboot your Drakkar Noir!

Users who are viewing this thread